2. ...
  3. 775
  4. 776
  5. 777
  6. 778
  7. 779
  8. ...
  9. 840
The constant sprinting around gives me motion sickness on som maps, remove it. Also, remove spartan charge because it's cheap.
halo 5's gameplay is not fast. its slow. you take out sprint and you make the maps smaller like halo 3 and increase the fov view then you have yourself a fast halo game compared to the originals. halo does not need this advanced mobility system as it feels like its is copying from trends like titanfall and cod. if titanfall and call of duty did not have advanced movement, i dont think halo 4 or 5 would have it either.
if 343 decides to keep sprint in or not i wouldnt care, but there is other ways to make a game more fast and competitive without adding sprint. halo 5 is not a bad game but its very flawed in its game design choices.
Not fussed about whether sprint should stay or go and I have no idea which would be better. Either way I feel the games pace does need to be lowered from what it is now.
halo 5's gameplay is not fast. its slow. you take out sprint and you make the maps smaller like halo 3 and increase the fov view then you have yourself a fast halo game compared to the originals. halo does not need this advanced mobility system as it feels like its is copying from trends like titanfall and cod. if titanfall and call of duty did not have advanced movement, i dont think halo 4 or 5 would have it either.
Halo 5 is definitely fast, in fact its a major criticism. It can be enjoyable at times but many feel the speed creates "snowball" effects and that its also too fast to watch. Overall the game doesn't cater enough to a casual play style.
Not fussed about whether sprint should stay or go and I have no idea which would be better. Either way I feel the games pace does need to be lowered from what it is now.
Halo 5 is definitely fast, in fact its a major criticism. It can be enjoyable at times but many feel the speed creates "snowball" effects and that its also too fast to watch. Overall the game doesn't cater enough to a casual play style.
I'm not sure how the abilities could create "snowballing". That sort of problem has more to do with things like map design, weapon design, and the spawn system. Not base traits.

H5 is only faster on a surface level. You can move around quicker than ever before, but you're not killing players any faster than in the old games. I find it interesting that there's so many threads saying that H5 is too competitive. I wonder if that has to do with newer players being overwhelmed by the higher skill floor (floor, not ceiling) that the abilities bring. Or the matchmaking system not doing its job. Who knows really.
They're going to remove Ground Pound and Spartan Charge from HCS competitive play (playlist?) during the next season. I guess it's a start although I have doubts they would ever remove sprint.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/forge-maps-and-abilities
Great news but hot damn, it should not take them 3 years to realize these things.
if 343 decides to keep sprint in or not i wouldnt care, but there is other ways to make a game more fast and competitive without adding sprint. halo 5 is not a bad game but its very flawed in its game design choices.
Agree somewhat. Halo has been on a steady decline since sprint in Reach, so it is time finally for a new Halo game with no sprint.

This post has been hidden.

Unknown wrote:
I mean sprint was a core reason the maps are designed the way they are, so I doubt they'll remove it in this game's lifetime.
They could always adjust the movement speed, but yeah, them removing sprint in this game is just wishful thinking at this point.
Does anyone think that an advanced mobility/Spartan abilities can be done and balanced without sprint? I love playing both classic and halo 5 with sprint (halo 4 and reach implemented sprint tarably) but I don't think just going back to classic halo is the solution to halo's problems. and I don't think 343 is going back to a pure classic game for a while.
InAxcurate wrote:
Does anyone think that an advanced mobility/Spartan abilities can be done and balanced without sprint? I love playing both classic and halo 5 with sprint (halo 4 and reach implemented sprint tarably) but I don't think just going back to classic halo is the solution to halo's problems. and I don't think 343 is going back to a pure classic game for a while.
I mean the only Spartan Ability directly tied to Sprint is Spartan Charge, and that's something a lot of people wanted removed anyway. So it's kinda just a win-win here.

If Halo 5 was suddenly missing Sprint, Ground Pound, Thruster, and Stabilize would still be there. The only thing we would probably miss is sliding.
InAxcurate wrote:
I mean the only Spartan Ability directly tied to Sprint is Spartan Charge, and that's something a lot of people wanted removed anyway. So it's kinda just a win-win here.

If Halo 5 was suddenly missing Sprint, Ground Pound, Thruster, and Stabilize would still be there. The only thing we would probably miss is sliding.
Though, to be honest, Stabilizer, Thurster, and Ground Pound probably shouldn't be in the game to begin with. They're annoying abilities.
i forget sprint half the time so they should get rid of it in halo 6
i forget sprint half the time so they should get rid of it in halo 6
Sprint is really just a waste of a button/space at this point. There are much better things 343 could implement instead of sprint. Get creative!
I see no reason why sprinting would be seen as a detriment to competitive play. Personally, I'm in favor of sprint, and feel that things like Spartan Charge and Ground Pound should go. The abilities as a concept could be pulled and nearly everyone would be fine with it, but sprint has no reason to go. Floating and slamming into the ground or against a wall seem rather silly, thrusting is...fine but understandably questionable, but spartans can run, as demonstrated even pre-343.
I see no reason why sprinting would be seen as a detriment to competitive play. Personally, I'm in favor of sprint, and feel that things like Spartan Charge and Ground Pound should go. The abilities as a concept could be pulled and nearly everyone would be fine with it, but sprint has no reason to go. Floating and slamming into the ground or against a wall seem rather silly, thrusting is...fine but understandably questionable, but spartans can run, as demonstrated even pre-343.
Whether Spartans "can" actually run or not has no effect on competitive play, since you're comparing the lore to the gameplay. Two different aspects.

Spartans can swim, demonstrated pre-343, yet Spartans die whenever they take a step underwater.
I think sprint should stay, it feels like it should be a part of halo, but limiting sprint in some ways like halo 5 has done via halting shield recharge and not being able to sprint while taking damage is a good way to balance sprinting. However unlimited sprinting on top of thrusters and slide makes it “too” fast paced. I think classic game modes with slower movement should be permenant in playlists, or even put a cap to the amount of time someone can sprint for could add another layer of depth players have to master to outplay the enemy with map control. On a gameplay level sprint always leads to people running into gunfights for double melees and it’s been a huge problem since reach, now with spartan charging it’s even more rampant in the casual scene. Halo has always been the perfect game for casual players and competitive players, keeping sprint is a must but it needs to be perfected to promote intelligent use of the ability for map control or map movement instead of cheap kills.
xxRedacted wrote:
I think sprint should stay, it feels like it should be a part of halo, but limiting sprint in some ways like halo 5 has done via halting shield recharge and not being able to sprint while taking damage is a good way to balance sprinting. However unlimited sprinting on top of thrusters and slide makes it “too” fast paced. I think classic game modes with slower movement should be permenant in playlists, or even put a cap to the amount of time a someone can sprint for could add another layer of depth players have to master to outplay the enemy with map control. On a gameplay level sprint always leads to people running into gunfights for double melees and it’s been a huge problem since reach, now with spartan charging it’s even more rampant in the casual scene. Halo has always been the perfect game for casual players and competitive players, keeping sprint is a must butnit needs to be perfected to promote intelligent use of the ability for map control or map movement instead of cheap kills.
Further nerfing sprint at this point just opens up the question "Why not just remove it?"
Sprint has been directly and indirectly nerfed atleast three times since Halo 4.
That's what I've been saying as well for the longest time. Why not just remove it if they're going to keep nerfing it? It also proves that 343 knows it's bad, but they need to include it for "immersion" and "I'm a super soldier". *rolls eyes*

Only thing left that I can think of would be to put a cool down meter on it like Reach or just make it a pickup item.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 775
  4. 776
  5. 777
  6. 778
  7. 779
  8. ...
  9. 840