Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] The sprint discussion thread

OP Gandalfur

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 784
  4. 785
  5. 786
  6. 787
  7. 788
  8. ...
  9. 840
But youre right, it wasnt just sprint, but was a huge factor. Just look at how large this thread is. A good compromise would be to have a classic ranked/social playlist and the new casual crap playlist. I.E. Ranked 4v4, 2v2 and ffa no spartan abilities and same with abilities
Do you, or do you not, have something actually substantial to show, which validate your claim that sprint is a huge factor of Halo's decline?
Do you have a survey made?
Some other data to actually show a direct link between population loss, fewer sales and sprint? Data which isn't just correlation.
How do you even "measure sprint's magnitude" in all that? This thread alone?
Do not post spam.

Spoiler:
Show
Do not post inappropriate comments.

Spoiler:
Show
Naqser wrote:
But youre right, it wasnt just sprint, but was a huge factor. Just look at how large this thread is. A good compromise would be to have a classic ranked/social playlist and the new casual crap playlist. I.E. Ranked 4v4, 2v2 and ffa no spartan abilities and same with abilities
Do you, or do you not, have something actually substantial to show, which validate your claim that sprint is a huge factor of Halo's decline?
Do you have a survey made?
Some other data to actually show a direct link between population loss, fewer sales and sprint? Data which isn't just correlation.
How do you even "measure sprint's magnitude" in all that? This thread alone?
So do you have that proof that Halo CE-3 are not the same movement speed? Or will you admit you're wrong there too?
Do not stat flame.

Spoiler:
Show
Do not make nonconstructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
Do not post spam.

Spoiler:
Show
Naqser wrote:
But youre right, it wasnt just sprint, but was a huge factor. Just look at how large this thread is. A good compromise would be to have a classic ranked/social playlist and the new casual crap playlist. I.E. Ranked 4v4, 2v2 and ffa no spartan abilities and same with abilities
Do you, or do you not, have something actually substantial to show, which validate your claim that sprint is a huge factor of Halo's decline?
Do you have a survey made?
Some other data to actually show a direct link between population loss, fewer sales and sprint? Data which isn't just correlation.
How do you even "measure sprint's magnitude" in all that? This thread alone?
so get your epeen erection going because no one can provided that data, unlike you i can admit when im wrong.
So do you have that proof that Halo CE-3 are not the same movement speed? Or will you admit you're wrong there too?
no im right. its easily proveable by popping in mcc and watching for yourself. Do you have anything to add to the actual topic? If not -Yoink!-.
So where's your proof? Here's mine. Now counterargument?

Movement Speed does have some relation to Sprint, so I guess I am staying on topic.

Why you gotta be so rude though? Do you even know my stance on Sprint? You should, you were happy with my comments a little while ago.
Since ive explained the almost entire problem people have with sprint, can you explain why it needs to stay? I've saw no contribution from you, just personal attacks.
Please point out where I said Sprint needs to stay. I would love to see that.

Yes you did see contribution from me because again, you were the one who liked them. It's one thing to be wrong, but at least don't blatantly lie about it.
Do not make nonconstructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
Do not post spam.

Spoiler:
Show
to appease you ill make a poll rn. Its easy to corrilate this, all you have to do is look at analytics from h2 til now. I dont play halo for the pretty art or lore, hell i havent played more than 5 levels beat in campaign. I play halo because i like the multiplayer. No data can be provided because its subjective and mostly opinion based. People quit because art? nah doubtful. Quit because of campaign? doubtful aswell. Quit because halo5 at its core isnt halo. Easiest halo to date. I know this because i let my wife play online last night, shes never played halo but managed to get kills. With spartan charge being the main kill, its tied to sprint. Halo shouldnt be easy, i remember playing h2 and having to actually learn and practice. H5 requires less skill all around. Sprint being the number 1 factor because everything you do besides the golden triangle has sprint tied directly into it. Any veteran can see that and most of us quit.
So, you'll make a poll and get the many many classic fans who left halo a long time ago, to answer your poll?
How many have you estimated to have left Halo?
How many of those will you have had go question to get a good margin of error?
What percentage do you think is a suitable sample size?
How will you randomize selection to prevent bias?

Do you know what Correlation is?
Correlation is when two (or more) lists of data seem to influence each other and there seem to be a link between the subjects from which data is collected. However a link does not exist, or has yet to be discovered.

Yet now no data can be collected because it's all subjective and opinions?
Then you go on to assumptions, most likely based on your own values and opinions?
As I asked, how do you "measure sprint's influence"?.
Perhaps I need to add to it?
How do you measure sprint's influence on people's opinions?

Did you abandon Halo 5 sprint speed is Halo 3 BMS?
Naqser wrote:
But youre right, it wasnt just sprint, but was a huge factor. Just look at how large this thread is. A good compromise would be to have a classic ranked/social playlist and the new casual crap playlist. I.E. Ranked 4v4, 2v2 and ffa no spartan abilities and same with abilities
Do you, or do you not, have something actually substantial to show, which validate your claim that sprint is a huge factor of Halo's decline?
Do you have a survey made?
Some other data to actually show a direct link between population loss, fewer sales and sprint? Data which isn't just correlation.
How do you even "measure sprint's magnitude" in all that? This thread alone?
so get your epeen erection going because no one can provided that data, unlike you i can admit when im wrong.
So do you have that proof that Halo CE-3 are not the same movement speed? Or will you admit you're wrong there too?
no im right. its easily proveable by popping in mcc and watching for yourself. Do you have anything to add to the actual topic? If not -Yoink!-.
So where's your proof? Here's mine. Now counterargument?

Movement Speed does have some relation to Sprint, so I guess I am staying on topic.

Why you gotta be so rude though? Do you even know my stance on Sprint? You should, you were happy with my comments a little while ago.
Since ive explained the almost entire problem people have with sprint, can you explain why it needs to stay? I've saw no contribution from you, just personal attacks.
Please point out where I said Sprint needs to stay. I would love to see that.

Yes you did see contribution from me because again, you were the one who liked them. It's one thing to be wrong, but at least don't blatantly lie about it.
once again more flaming with no explination.
Again, do you even know my stance on Sprint? I don't think you do.

I take it you won't be answering my question?

also im not sitting on a pc either so i cant link proofs. All it takes is a google search
Sorry, but "Google it" isn't a good enough argument. It's not my job to find your evidence for you.

Master Chief is secretly a woman. Google it.
Do not post inappropriate comments.

Spoiler:
Show
Do not flame/attack others.

Spoiler:
Show
Naqser wrote:
But youre right, it wasnt just sprint, but was a huge factor. Just look at how large this thread is. A good compromise would be to have a classic ranked/social playlist and the new casual crap playlist. I.E. Ranked 4v4, 2v2 and ffa no spartan abilities and same with abilities
Do you, or do you not, have something actually substantial to show, which validate your claim that sprint is a huge factor of Halo's decline?
Do you have a survey made?
Some other data to actually show a direct link between population loss, fewer sales and sprint? Data which isn't just correlation.
How do you even "measure sprint's magnitude" in all that? This thread alone?
so get your epeen erection going because no one can provided that data, unlike you i can admit when im wrong.
So do you have that proof that Halo CE-3 are not the same movement speed? Or will you admit you're wrong there too?
no im right. its easily proveable by popping in mcc and watching for yourself. Do you have anything to add to the actual topic? If not -Yoink!-.
So where's your proof? Here's mine. Now counterargument?

Movement Speed does have some relation to Sprint, so I guess I am staying on topic.

Why you gotta be so rude though? Do you even know my stance on Sprint? You should, you were happy with my comments a little while ago.
Since ive explained the almost entire problem people have with sprint, can you explain why it needs to stay? I've saw no contribution from you, just personal attacks.
Please point out where I said Sprint needs to stay. I would love to see that.

Yes you did see contribution from me because again, you were the one who liked them. It's one thing to be wrong, but at least don't blatantly lie about it.
once again more flaming with no explination.
Again, do you even know my stance on Sprint? I don't think you do.

I take it you won't be answering my question?

also im not sitting on a pc either so i cant link proofs. All it takes is a google search
Sorry, but "Google it" isn't a good enough argument. It's not my job to find your evidence for you.

Master Chief is secretly a woman. Google it.
im wrong youre right. happy? did your epeen grow? I googled it and MC isnt a woman. That was easy.
I'm sorry, are you flaming me? I thought you were against that?

You didn't answer my question about Sprint. What do you think is my stance on Sprint?

I await your answer.

P.S. You didn't google hard enough. I Googled it and it said yes. I'm right and you're wrong. See how that works?
ooSnip3r wrote:
Has anyone tried playing any campaign missions in Halo CE ? I tried the other day and was such a pain... literally. Those who say sprint needs to go, hasn't played CE missions in a long... long time. I just can't imagine playing any future titles and having to go back to CE mechanics. I just won't.
I know this has been quoted plenty already, but you might be suffering from sprint withdraws. Play CE for a week or two without playing a newer Halo and you'll most likely feel fine again. Similar thing happens to me when I play a really fast paced game for awhile and then go back to H5. It feels really slow and I want to up the sensitivity on my controller.
also, not trying to flame, but you only have 24 hours total play time. You dont even have enough in game experience to even have a proper explination as to why sprint is good for halo.
Aside from this kind of opinion being completely ignorant, he's played plenty of Reach and H4 which both have sprint in it.
so get your epeen erection going because no one can provided that data, unlike you i can admit when im wrong.
Quaint.
Can you admit you're wrong without an insult embedded?

also, not trying to flame, but you only have 24 hours total play time. You dont even have enough in game experience to even have a proper explination as to why sprint is good for halo. Ive explained alot and all you have done is pick apart what you think is right with no reguard to the majority in this thread. Which is sprint is detrimental to halo. Ive got over 1000 hours played on 2 seperate accounts combined, no not a smurf either. I got report attacked in Ark and was perma banned.
Well you're not trying not to flame either.

First off, you say I only have 24 hours, but disregard that I may have other accounts to play on, but brag that you have 1000 hours on two accounts. No I don't have more than one account, but that you didn't even think to consider it isn't in your favour.

Second, how about you go see if you can find me throughout this thread, or the classic movement thread in the Infinite section?
LUKEPOWA wrote:
ooSnip3r wrote:
Has anyone tried playing any campaign missions in Halo CE ? I tried the other day and was such a pain... literally. Those who say sprint needs to go, hasn't played CE missions in a long... long time. I just can't imagine playing any future titles and having to go back to CE mechanics. I just won't.
I know this has been quoted plenty already, but you might be suffering from sprint withdraws. Play CE for a week or two without playing a newer Halo and you'll most likely feel fine again. Similar thing happens to me when I play a really fast paced game for awhile and then go back to H5. It feels really slow and I want to up the sensitivity on my controller.
also, not trying to flame, but you only have 24 hours total play time. You dont even have enough in game experience to even have a proper explination as to why sprint is good for halo.
Aside from this kind of opinion being completely ignorant, he's played plenty of Reach and H4 which both have sprint in it.
h4 and reach also had cooldowns and were balanced. Sprint combined with thrust/slide/charge is what makes it unbalanced, i can agree that sprint isnt the only factor. And calling me ignorant for showing the lack of experience in the current game, which is what we're talking about.
h4 and reach also had cooldowns and were balanced. Sprint combined with thrust/slide/charge is what makes it unbalanced, i can agree that sprint isnt the only factor. And calling me ignorant for showing the lack of experience in the current game, which is what we're talking about.
Going by your logic, Dr Menke who created H5's matching system wouldn't be able to give a proper explanation about it because he only has 4 hours of playtime in H5 on his known account. You see how ridiculous that sounds. As long as you have an overall understanding of how the mechanics work and how they affect things in the game through your own experiences and/or by other means, you don't need to play thousands of hours in order to understand something. Frankly, there are some people in this game who have invested thousands of hours and they still don't know how things affect the game.

And I think Naqser is against sprint, but I'm assuming you think he was for it since he's disagreeing with you. Edit: I saw that you can't respond to my post for a bit so don't worry about doing so when you can again. I'll likely be long past this issue.
Alright so I believe the point that many are trying to make is not whether your speed is faster in this game or slower in that one. It is that based on design, they are the same. The video B4gs 4 Days posted (Which is linked right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6YdPRyW0DA&t=10s&list=LLfLDUDSZMH1nYHtQdEMA17Q&index=11) is meant to show that while sprint is there, you cover the same ground. Thus, all it does is make you have your gun down to get to the same place you would in classic Halo. Then in order to shoot, you cannot be sprinting and then you'd take longer to traverse said map in Halo 5 than Halo 2.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 784
  4. 785
  5. 786
  6. 787
  7. 788
  8. ...
  9. 840