3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 840
Willko wrote:
I believe that sprint is necessary for Halo. Yes the original Halos did not have sprint, but in today's games sprint is necessary. Imagine doing warzone with no sprint. It would take an eternity to cross the map. In campaign when I go back and play Halo 1 through 3 it feels slow paced now to an almost unbearable amount. Also new players who are entering into the franchise would not be entertained by the slower game play that no sprint offers.
I actually made it a point to play my first Warzone match without sprinting once. It worked just fine, even with Halo 5's gimped base movement speed. If new players to the franchise can't handle moving a little slower(like in the gameplay Halo was built on), then Halo just isn't the franchise for them. That's ok though. Not everyone is going to be a Halo fan. But, we shouldn't be turning away long time fans of the franchise in hopes of maybe pleasing some newcomers. That has been the strategy for over half a decade now, and the population shows that it isn't working. Trying to change and overhaul a working formula is not the way to continue a franchise.
And yet if it does not evolve then it will become stagnant and die. Just because the ability to code a sprint feature was not a thing or available in the past means we should ignore it now? Human beings can run, so why can we not run in games? If this was a platformer or adventure game you would do it with how fast you move the joystick.
What made Halo "Halo" was its beautiful story and hidden secrets to the rings itself. And you will find most players prefer to fight the covenant back in thier glory days rather then our glowing yellow friends.
Willko wrote:
I believe that sprint is necessary for Halo. Yes the original Halos did not have sprint, but in today's games sprint is necessary. Imagine doing warzone with no sprint. It would take an eternity to cross the map. In campaign when I go back and play Halo 1 through 3 it feels slow paced now to an almost unbearable amount. Also new players who are entering into the franchise would not be entertained by the slower game play that no sprint offers.
I actually made it a point to play my first Warzone match without sprinting once. It worked just fine, even with Halo 5's gimped base movement speed. If new players to the franchise can't handle moving a little slower(like in the gameplay Halo was built on), then Halo just isn't the franchise for them. That's ok though. Not everyone is going to be a Halo fan. But, we shouldn't be turning away long time fans of the franchise in hopes of maybe pleasing some newcomers. That has been the strategy for over half a decade now, and the population shows that it isn't working. Trying to change and overhaul a working formula is not the way to continue a franchise.
And yet if it does not evolve then it will become stagnant and die. Just because the ability to code a sprint feature was not a thing or available in the past means we should ignore it now? Human beings can run, so why can we not run in games? If this was a platformer or adventure game you would do it with how fast you move the joystick.
Yes. Because sprint wasn't in the old Halo games for whatever reason, we should ignore it now.

Everyone acts like continuing the Halo franchise is inherently some good thing that should be done no matter the cost. But, if we have to give up Halo's soul just to get more Halo games, then what's the point?

If Halo stayed the same, and you deemed it too "stagnant", and you lost interest in it, then that's fine. You will have lost interest in the Halo franchise. But at this point you sound like you've already lost interest in Halo. You're only interested in this Halo/modern-shooter hybrid thing that Halo has been turned into.
What made Halo "Halo" was its beautiful story and hidden secrets to the rings itself. And you will find most players prefer to fight the covenant back in thier glory days rather then our glowing yellow friends.
Don't forget the Flood.... then also the Marines talking in the background.
Willko wrote:
Overwatch doesn' have sprint, and its flooring Halo. I don't want rid of sprint, but...come on, dude; "the ability to code a sprint feature was not a thing or available in the past"? Uh, yeah, it was, H2 was going to have it, but they cut it. Sprint doesn't make or break the game.
I don't see what is so wrong with sprint... I've played halo since the very start and didn't mind when the newest version of sprint came out in halo 5. It is just another spartan ability to be used in situations where it is necessary. It is much better than it used to be and is not overpowered or unnecessary at all. If you are sprinting you are vulnerable because your shields won't recharge until you stop your sprinting movement. This is perfect because you can sacrifice safety for speed in some situations and speed for safety in others. What else do you want for a well rounded spartan ability? I enjoy all the spartan abilities and think they are a great idea to replace the loadout and class system that was in halo 4. Halo is supposed to be a balanced game where everyone has the same things available to them to use no matter the situation or map. this is why halo has always been a purely skill based game.
cough classic playlist cough
o no no no no. another one of these threads. I mean c'mon, everyone tired of threads like these and farming threads. sprint is balanced Halo 5 is the best one.
I'll keep my sprint, thanks.
I really think they should make a classic playlist that has all of the old halo player properties.
Honestly man, Sprint in itself really isn't the problem. This is coming from someone who would pick Halo 3 over Halo 5 1000x over.
Gigamora wrote:
Honestly man, Sprint in itself really isn't the problem. This is coming from someone who would pick Halo 3 over Halo 5 1000x over.
Exactly. The problem is with the "balanced sandbox" coupled with sprint.
Sprint was the one change i actually diddnt mind, mainly because it was more realistic.
Gigamora wrote:
It's not sprint in itself, just the negative ripple effects it has on the game.
In COD/Battlefield etc etc you need sprint to get from cover to cover as the TTK is less than 1 second or so. Completely different games, Halo benefits by allowing you to shoot at all times while moving. Just another deicsion 343i made to move away from traditional proven formula of Halo and attempt to appease a new crowd.
So maybe they should just keep making it the same to appease the crowd of 30-somethings who now have responsibilities and don't have time to play Halo as much as they drunkenly would in college? That makes perfect sense.
I really don't think sprint by itself would be a big deal. I think the balanced guns along with sprint is what really makes Halo 5 play completely different from the original trilogy.

In the original trilogy, a lot of emphasis was put on your utility. If you were skilled with your utility, it didn't matter what gun your opponent had (unless it was one of the power weapons), you could have a chance to win the firefight. In Halo 5, with every gun having it's own niche, it becomes more of a game of equipping yourself with the best loadout, rather than getting really good with aiming your utility. It completely changes what is rewarded in terms of skill. Instead of one teammate grabbing a power weapon and the rest holding a strong position on the map, it has become a race to the SMG or Storm Rifles (just using these as examples to help make my point) because they are the easiest to use, as long as you are in range. Not to mention with the AR that is now a formidable weapon, unlike it was in the original trilogy, it's my opinion that superior skill with precision weapons is rewarded less in this game.
Seven save you friends
I like your response waaaaay too much lmao.
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:
Yes. Because sprint wasn't in the old Halo games for whatever reason, we should ignore it now.

Everyone acts like continuing the Halo franchise is inherently some good thing that should be done no matter the cost. But, if we have to give up Halo's soul just to get more Halo games, then what's the point?

If Halo stayed the same, and you deemed it too "stagnant", and you lost interest in it, then that's fine. You will have lost interest in the Halo franchise. But at this point you sound like you've already lost interest in Halo. You're only interested in this Halo/modern-shooter hybrid thing that Halo has been turned into.
Back in the day Halo had the same mechanics as the other fps games of its time. What made Halo different was rechargeable shields and way cooler weapons and vehicles than the other games.
Another sprint thread, really?
no it won't..

this is ridiculous. haha
ET Shrimp wrote:
Another sprint thread, really?
Yeah I think we had about 20 this year. I think that sprint fine since its really not ground breaking.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 840