Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

The sprint discussion thread

OP Gandalfur

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 818
  4. 819
  5. 820
  6. 821
  7. 822
  8. ...
  9. 825
sprint need to stay standart in the halo game's since if you remove sprint from the game a lot off players will play other shooter game's since there not like the old school way since there are fan off the new school off the shooter game's.

that old school players not like it is there choose but at some point there need to adept to new things also staying in the past will make the game only get a worse reputation in the shooters line.
if you think is good there are E sports teams in halo now thanks to the chance's it has give us.

for small multiplayer maps has sprint no use its good for the large maps there is sprint good for.
Spikanor wrote:
sprint need to stay standart in the halo game's since if you remove sprint from the game a lot off players will play other shooter game's since there not like the old school way since there are fan off the new school off the shooter game's.

that old school players not like it is there choose but at some point there need to adept to new things also staying in the past will make the game only get a worse reputation in the shooters line.
if you think is good there are E sports teams in halo now thanks to the chance's it has give us.

for small multiplayer maps has sprint no use its good for the large maps there is sprint good for.
Since when did Sprint become so important that it becomes the sole decider of whether someone buys/plays the game or not?

How many people look at a game (as in, not just a Halo game) and go "Does it have Sprint?" and then turn their nose if it doesn't?
I hope sprint gets binned for Infinite. Can also do without clamber. Feel like it's more important to always be weapon-ready (like Counter-Strike is still doing too).
Spikanor wrote:
sprint need to stay standart in the halo game's since if you remove sprint from the game a lot off players will play other shooter game's since there not like the old school way since there are fan off the new school off the shooter game's.

that old school players not like it is there choose but at some point there need to adept to new things also staying in the past will make the game only get a worse reputation in the shooters line.
if you think is good there are E sports teams in halo now thanks to the chance's it has give us.

for small multiplayer maps has sprint no use its good for the large maps there is sprint good for.
Since when did Sprint become so important that it becomes the sole decider of whether someone buys/plays the game or not?

How many people look at a game (as in, not just a Halo game) and go "Does it have Sprint?" and then turn their nose if it doesn't?
if you follow some game site's on facebook like IGN that is also one off the game site's that are giving game's a Rate that are releasing and if there rate a game like some others game site's also do a good rate like 9 from the 10 stars and not give it a low rate then some new players also gone see it on some streamer platforms from how the game looks like and if its maybe something there like to play also.
its easy.
let me tell it this way.
the main halo game from halo 1 to halo 6 are all 6 shooters and what do think most new players if its a shooter then it most have sprint since there thinking then its a shooter and shooters have sprint.
and if there see it has no sprint then its for then not the feeling there are playing a shooter game without sprint since the new generation see lots off game's that have sprint and there thinking from a game without sprint is no shooter game more.
and thats why to get new players play the game and make the comunnety strong with old school and new school mix a good thing.
there are maybe some games that have no sprint the question is do there get new players from the new generation to play it and to let the game stay alive for a long time.

i am from a mix generation between old and new school in the halo game's
halo 3 was my first halo i have play was not bad in that time but when reach came out with sprint it was for me feeling more like a shooter game and later on i am still playing the halo game's.
for me the mix generation is the feeling that sprint make's it more like a shooter game since its for some weapons now harder to get kills with and more a challange like sniper weapons from the UNSC covenant and now prometheans sniper versions.
same for the vehicles its now little easyer to evade then with sprint and make the belance in the game more good that snipers weapons and vehicles are not that power full more like in the past.
Spikanor wrote:
Spikanor wrote:
sprint need to stay standart in the halo game's since if you remove sprint from the game a lot off players will play other shooter game's since there not like the old school way since there are fan off the new school off the shooter game's.

that old school players not like it is there choose but at some point there need to adept to new things also staying in the past will make the game only get a worse reputation in the shooters line.
if you think is good there are E sports teams in halo now thanks to the chance's it has give us.

for small multiplayer maps has sprint no use its good for the large maps there is sprint good for.
Since when did Sprint become so important that it becomes the sole decider of whether someone buys/plays the game or not?

How many people look at a game (as in, not just a Halo game) and go "Does it have Sprint?" and then turn their nose if it doesn't?
if you follow some game site's on facebook like IGN that is also one off the game site's that are giving game's a Rate that are releasing and if there rate a game like some others game site's also do a good rate like 9 from the 10 stars and not give it a low rate then some new players also gone see it on some streamer platforms from how the game looks like and if its maybe something there like to play also.
its easy.
let me tell it this way.
the main halo game from halo 1 to halo 6 are all 6 shooters and what do think most new players if its a shooter then it most have sprint since there thinking then its a shooter and shooters have sprint.
and if there see it has no sprint then its for then not the feeling there are playing a shooter game without sprint since the new generation see lots off game's that have sprint and there thinking from a game without sprint is no shooter game more.
and thats why to get new players play the game and make the comunnety strong with old school and new school mix a good thing.
there are maybe some games that have no sprint the question is do there get new players from the new generation to play it and to let the game stay alive for a long time.

i am from a mix generation between old and new school in the halo game's
halo 3 was my first halo i have play was not bad in that time but when reach came out with sprint it was for me feeling more like a shooter game and later on i am still playing the halo game's.
for me the mix generation is the feeling that sprint make's it more like a shooter game since its for some weapons now harder to get kills with and more a challange like sniper weapons from the UNSC covenant and now prometheans sniper versions.
same for the vehicles its now little easyer to evade then with sprint and make the belance in the game more good that snipers weapons and vehicles are not that power full more like in the past.
All those words yet none of them answered my question.

Since when was Sprint so important that it simply cannot be removed and is suddenly fundamental to a game? It's a mechanic, like the hundred other mechanics in a game. Why does it get special treatment?

I would assume the only requirement to be a shooter is...the ability to shoot. But now the existence of Sprint determines whether it is a shooter or not?

You say that "new players" need to have it to be enjoyable, but you would assume just being a good game would make it enjoyable. Not pandering to a select group that isn't even guaranteed to stick around.

Now you switch from "popularity" to "game balance" which is a different argument entirely, and you can argue that it's an irrelevant one, because even if the game was perfectly balanced, if it doesn't have Sprint, then it doesn't matter because it's not as fun for "new people."
We dont need sprint, just make the base speed higher. Why do people have such a hard time understanding this? The only reason Sprint makes you feel faster is because the base speed was reduced. And when you go back to play a game like, for example, Halo 3, it only feel slower because you are conditioned to think "no sprint=slow".
Spikanor wrote:
Spikanor wrote:
sprint need to stay standart in the halo game's since if you remove sprint from the game a lot off players will play other shooter game's since there not like the old school way since there are fan off the new school off the shooter game's.

that old school players not like it is there choose but at some point there need to adept to new things also staying in the past will make the game only get a worse reputation in the shooters line.
if you think is good there are E sports teams in halo now thanks to the chance's it has give us.

for small multiplayer maps has sprint no use its good for the large maps there is sprint good for.
Since when did Sprint become so important that it becomes the sole decider of whether someone buys/plays the game or not?

How many people look at a game (as in, not just a Halo game) and go "Does it have Sprint?" and then turn their nose if it doesn't?
if you follow some game site's on facebook like IGN that is also one off the game site's that are giving game's a Rate that are releasing and if there rate a game like some others game site's also do a good rate like 9 from the 10 stars and not give it a low rate then some new players also gone see it on some streamer platforms from how the game looks like and if its maybe something there like to play also.
its easy.
let me tell it this way.
the main halo game from halo 1 to halo 6 are all 6 shooters and what do think most new players if its a shooter then it most have sprint since there thinking then its a shooter and shooters have sprint.
and if there see it has no sprint then its for then not the feeling there are playing a shooter game without sprint since the new generation see lots off game's that have sprint and there thinking from a game without sprint is no shooter game more.
and thats why to get new players play the game and make the comunnety strong with old school and new school mix a good thing.
there are maybe some games that have no sprint the question is do there get new players from the new generation to play it and to let the game stay alive for a long time.

i am from a mix generation between old and new school in the halo game's
halo 3 was my first halo i have play was not bad in that time but when reach came out with sprint it was for me feeling more like a shooter game and later on i am still playing the halo game's.
for me the mix generation is the feeling that sprint make's it more like a shooter game since its for some weapons now harder to get kills with and more a challange like sniper weapons from the UNSC covenant and now prometheans sniper versions.
same for the vehicles its now little easyer to evade then with sprint and make the belance in the game more good that snipers weapons and vehicles are not that power full more like in the past.
All those words yet none of them answered my question.

Since when was Sprint so important that it simply cannot be removed and is suddenly fundamental to a game? It's a mechanic, like the hundred other mechanics in a game. Why does it get special treatment?

I would assume the only requirement to be a shooter is...the ability to shoot. But now the existence of Sprint determines whether it is a shooter or not?

You say that "new players" need to have it to be enjoyable, but you would assume just being a good game would make it enjoyable. Not pandering to a select group that isn't even guaranteed to stick around.

Now you switch from "popularity" to "game balance" which is a different argument entirely, and you can argue that it's an irrelevant one, because even if the game was perfectly balanced, if it doesn't have Sprint, then it doesn't matter because it's not as fun for "new people."
the question about you Answer was this more: for me the mix generation is the feeling that sprint make's it more like a shooter game since its for some weapons now harder to get kills with and more a challange like sniper weapons from the UNSC covenant and now prometheans sniper versions.same for the vehicles its now little easyer to evade then with sprint and make the belance in the game more good that snipers weapons and vehicles are not that power full more like in the past.shooter game's have chance hard in the couple off years and there are keep changing things in the years with new things.
most game publishers like microsoft,sony and activision that own some rights off the game titels and need company's like treyarch and 343 to make there game's have a list maybe what for things there most see in that game.
most shooters are adding things in there game series what you can do in the real wold like sprinting,jump,and climb on things like a small wall.
same for Crouch and Prone in most off the shooters.
its part off the shooters in game's and sure its not allways welcome by some off players in the comunnety thats true but its still beter then stay in the past with things then not adding new things.

but i have a question for you now:
if you wane evade a warthog or Ghost that is incoming do you then sprint away or you walk away to not get killed by it.
and also i wane ask you this: do you wish that if there remove sprint that all the type vehicles in halo become not to power full to get super easy splatter kills?
then i talk more about the vehicles like: Ghost's,Mongoose and warthog's that there are not becoming to powerfull.
Spikanor wrote:
Spikanor wrote:
Spikanor wrote:
sprint need to stay standart in the halo game's since if you remove sprint from the game a lot off players will play other shooter game's since there not like the old school way since there are fan off the new school off the shooter game's.

that old school players not like it is there choose but at some point there need to adept to new things also staying in the past will make the game only get a worse reputation in the shooters line.
if you think is good there are E sports teams in halo now thanks to the chance's it has give us.

for small multiplayer maps has sprint no use its good for the large maps there is sprint good for.
Since when did Sprint become so important that it becomes the sole decider of whether someone buys/plays the game or not?

How many people look at a game (as in, not just a Halo game) and go "Does it have Sprint?" and then turn their nose if it doesn't?
if you follow some game site's on facebook like IGN that is also one off the game site's that are giving game's a Rate that are releasing and if there rate a game like some others game site's also do a good rate like 9 from the 10 stars and not give it a low rate then some new players also gone see it on some streamer platforms from how the game looks like and if its maybe something there like to play also.
its easy.
let me tell it this way.
the main halo game from halo 1 to halo 6 are all 6 shooters and what do think most new players if its a shooter then it most have sprint since there thinking then its a shooter and shooters have sprint.
and if there see it has no sprint then its for then not the feeling there are playing a shooter game without sprint since the new generation see lots off game's that have sprint and there thinking from a game without sprint is no shooter game more.
and thats why to get new players play the game and make the comunnety strong with old school and new school mix a good thing.
there are maybe some games that have no sprint the question is do there get new players from the new generation to play it and to let the game stay alive for a long time.

i am from a mix generation between old and new school in the halo game's
halo 3 was my first halo i have play was not bad in that time but when reach came out with sprint it was for me feeling more like a shooter game and later on i am still playing the halo game's.
for me the mix generation is the feeling that sprint make's it more like a shooter game since its for some weapons now harder to get kills with and more a challange like sniper weapons from the UNSC covenant and now prometheans sniper versions.
same for the vehicles its now little easyer to evade then with sprint and make the belance in the game more good that snipers weapons and vehicles are not that power full more like in the past.
All those words yet none of them answered my question.

Since when was Sprint so important that it simply cannot be removed and is suddenly fundamental to a game? It's a mechanic, like the hundred other mechanics in a game. Why does it get special treatment?

I would assume the only requirement to be a shooter is...the ability to shoot. But now the existence of Sprint determines whether it is a shooter or not?

You say that "new players" need to have it to be enjoyable, but you would assume just being a good game would make it enjoyable. Not pandering to a select group that isn't even guaranteed to stick around.

Now you switch from "popularity" to "game balance" which is a different argument entirely, and you can argue that it's an irrelevant one, because even if the game was perfectly balanced, if it doesn't have Sprint, then it doesn't matter because it's not as fun for "new people."
the question about you Answer was this more: for me the mix generation is the feeling that sprint make's it more like a shooter game since its for some weapons now harder to get kills with and more a challange like sniper weapons from the UNSC covenant and now prometheans sniper versions.same for the vehicles its now little easyer to evade then with sprint and make the belance in the game more good that snipers weapons and vehicles are not that power full more like in the past.shooter game's have chance hard in the couple off years and there are keep changing things in the years with new things.
most game publishers like microsoft,sony and activision that own some rights off the game titels and need company's like treyarch and 343 to make there game's have a list maybe what for things there most see in that game.
most shooters are adding things in there game series what you can do in the real wold like sprinting,jump,and climb on things like a small wall.
same for Crouch and Prone in most off the shooters.
its part off the shooters in game's and sure its not allways welcome by some off players in the comunnety thats true but its still beter then stay in the past with things then not adding new things.

Why do you assume that people who simply don't like those mechanics are "staying in the past"? Sprint isn't really new. Sprint as a mechanic is older than Halo itself.

Yes, I saw your "answer". I disagree with it not only because it doesn't make weapons less powerful (in fact, now grenades and explosive weapons are more powerful), but because you only shifted to this argument after spending all day saying people need Sprint simply to enjoy the game, not for balance's sake.Notice now every game has every "real life mechanic". Halo doesn't have Prone, but Call of Duty does. Apex Legends doesn't have Prone. PUBG does. Why is that?

Quote:
but i have a question for you now:

if you wane evade a warthog or Ghost that is incoming do you then sprint away or you walk away to not get killed by it.

and also i wane ask you this: do you wish that if there remove sprint that all the type vehicles in halo become not to power full to get super easy splatter kills?

then i talk more about the vehicles like: Ghost's,Mongoose and warthog's that there are not becoming to powerfull.
You're making a huge assumption that the simple absence of Sprint means vehicles are ungodly strong and that's what I want, when I never said that.

First off, splatters are by design a risk reward mechanic, because getting someone close to your vehicle means they can potentially hijack you. If you managed to get splattered, that means you were at the wrong place and the driver took advantage of that.

Also, a Mongoose isn't that big of a vehicle. You can almost jump over it. If you get splattered by that, I don't know what to tell you.

Finally, to ask you a more important question:

If you could walk as fast/faster than Sprinting is right now, are weapons and vehicles still broken? Would it not be more balanced?
You're making a huge assumption that the simple absence of Sprint means vehicles are ungodly strong and that's what I want, when I never said that.

First off, splatters are by design a risk reward mechanic, because getting someone close to your vehicle means they can potentially hijack you. If you managed to get splattered, that means you were at the wrong place and the driver took advantage of that.

Also, a Mongoose isn't that big of a vehicle. You can almost jump over it. If you get splattered by that, I don't know what to tell you.

Finally, to ask you a more important question:

If you could walk as fast/faster than Sprinting is right now, are weapons and vehicles still broken? Would it not be more balanced?
the answer about your important question first:
if there remove sprint and boost the walking speed then you have a lot off players that are still not happy with it then there start crying and blaming that the moving speed needs to become lower.
and you know what you get in the end Halo CE and Halo 2 and halo 3 moving speed.
and then a other group is crying and blaming that its to slow.
that means removing sprint will not make all people happy.
what if there chance the sprint system like there have done in halo reach with the sprint armor abilitie.
that you can use sprint for a max off 1 min but you get then also a cooldown for 1 min then its more belance and its not like sprinting like crazy people more.

if there removing sprint then you get a other group that wane remove jump from the halo game's and then we got again the same story again.
most players are happy if there use the halo CE system with no sprint and no jump more boots on the ground.
then you know if there use the Halo CE system with no sprint and no jump its a death game since new generation will not gone buy it and then you have no halo more.
to have a good shooter game and to stay alive you most chance things some will not like.

the main point is do you wane chance the sprint system that it has a cooldown and that you can sprint for a limit off time and not use sprint all the time.
more like in halo reach that you have a limit off time to use the armor abilities but also at the same time a cooldown for it before you can use it again?
If you don't like the sprint option, don't use it. Don't think you have the insight to know what people prefer. Have a nice day.
ZombieP1ow wrote:
If you don't like the sprint option, don't use it. Don't think you have the insight to know what people prefer. Have a nice day.
If it was that simple then Sprint wouldn't be that important either way, wouldn't it?

That's like saying if you don't like double jump, just don't use it, right? Well what happens if you reach a large gap?

Who said they know what other people prefer?
Spikanor wrote:
the answer about your important question first:
if there remove sprint and boost the walking speed then you have a lot off players that are still not happy with it then there start crying and blaming that the moving speed needs to become lower.
Okay, so why would that happen? Now people want to go slower? That doesn't make any sense.

So apparently the speed at which one goes isn't what make people require Sprint to enjoy a shooter, then what is what make people require Sprint? If the whole thing boils down to subjective familiarity, then again, there is no reason to bring it "game balance", because it's now taken a back seat to being a familiar game mechanic.

Spikanor wrote:
and you know what you get in the end Halo CE and Halo 2 and halo 3 moving speed.
The very existence of Halo 5 proves that wrong, because Halo 5's movement speed without Sprint is still faster than Halo CE-3

Spikanor wrote:
[
then you know if there use the Halo CE system with no sprint and no jump its a death game since new generation will not gone buy it and then you have no halo more.
Says...who?

First we're saying that it's subjective for people to like Sprint, but yet we know for sure that if Sprint is gone no one will buy it? It's just a claim with no evidence, and runs down a slippery slope because no one said remove every mechanic.

This is also the same timeline where the older games are being rereleased right now and people are excited for it.
I've been playing Halo since 2001. Halo 5 has a few maps from CE that are definitely improved by the sprint option. When I play the older versions of Halo on the MCC, I miss being able to sprint. Side by side comparison followed by anecdotal evidence. IMO, sprint improves the game play and lends to faster, more exciting matches. I see a dozen people a day that crouch walk in matches on line. They obviously aren't 'sprinting' at the moment, because they choose not too. Removing a basic ability from a formula that's been working for a few years will not improve the game. Oh, the dozen or so people I see in a few hours of gameplay crouch walking is vastly eclipsed by the hundreds I see sprinting. the "I don't like it, so it shouldn't be there" mentality is a bit entitled and very self serving. Don't like it, don't use it. But a very small minority of the community trying to dictate how the majority should play is insulting to the majority.
ZombieP1ow wrote:
I've been playing Halo since 2001. Halo 5 has a few maps from CE that are definitely improved by the sprint option. When I play the older versions of Halo on the MCC, I miss being able to sprint. Side by side comparison followed by anecdotal evidence. IMO, sprint improves the game play and lends to faster, more exciting matches. I see a dozen people a day that crouch walk in matches on line. They obviously aren't 'sprinting' at the moment, because they choose not too. Removing a basic ability from a formula that's been working for a few years will not improve the game. Oh, the dozen or so people I see in a few hours of gameplay crouch walking is vastly eclipsed by the hundreds I see sprinting. the "I don't like it, so it shouldn't be there" mentality is a bit entitled and very self serving. Don't like it, don't use it. But a very small minority of the community trying to dictate how the majority should play is insulting to the majority.
That's nice and all, but anecdotal examples mean nothing to me. I could provide one the other direction and we'd be going in circles.

That's why I made the question multiple times over the years: "Why do you need/prefer Sprint?"If there's some element you like that can be replicated somewhere else, would that not remain beneficial to you?

"Sprint improves gameplay" - How? On it's own that's just a fluff statement without even any examples next to it.

"Exciting" is subjective.

"Faster" is objective. On that front you can prove that matches are not any faster in games with Sprint compared to games without Sprint.

"Halo 5 is one out of three games with Sprint in it using Forge maps to replicate Halo CE (per your example) but you claim that Sprint was working "for a few years.""

"Oh, the dozen or so people I see in a few hours of gameplay crouch walking is vastly eclipsed by the hundreds I see sprinting.Arethey Sprinting because they choose to, or because the game was designed to include that mechanic? That's the whole point of my previous comment.
ZombieP1ow wrote:
IMO, sprint improves the game play and lends to faster, more exciting matches. I see a dozen people a day that crouch walk in matches on line. They obviously aren't 'sprinting' at the moment, because they choose not too. Removing a basic ability from a formula that's been working for a few years will not improve the game. Oh, the dozen or so people I see in a few hours of gameplay crouch walking is vastly eclipsed by the hundreds I see sprinting. the "I don't like it, so it shouldn't be there" mentality is a bit entitled and very self serving.Don't like it, don't use it. But a very small minority of the community trying to dictate how the majority should play is insulting to the majority.
I think it was established by tsassi that matches are not faster in Halo 5 compared to Halo 3.

Sprint is regarded as part of the Advanced movement category.
Now has it been "working"? We've seen quite a few different nerfs done to it.

And "I like it so it should be there" isn't entitled and self serving? Then again that's just an attempt at making the opposition looking bad, rather than something in favour of sprint.

Sure, let's handicap ourselves based of preferneces we have on game mechanics.
Did I say, anywhere; "I like it so it should be there." Or are you providing a straw argument in order to make your point? Honestly I would pass on the next Halo if it doesn't have sprint. Again, you're a small minority of the player base. Putting words I never wrote or assuming what I mean just means you know it's a poor position you've put youself in. Sprint is here to stay.
ZombieP1ow wrote:
Did I say, anywhere; "I like it so it should be there." Or are you providing a straw argument in order to make your point? Honestly I would pass on the next Halo if it doesn't have sprint. Again, you're a small minority of the player base. Putting words I never wrote or assuming what I mean just means you know it's a poor position you've put youself in. Sprint is here to stay.
So you don't like sprint?
You don't want it to stay?

So, not adressing anything else, or?
I play halo 5 when ever I have the time. I like the game, I don't have issues with the mechanics of it. You seem to be stuck in your circular logic loop, trying to illicit a response when none is needed. Nobody is forcing you to play the game if you don't like it. BFV has been untouched since early December because I don't like it. It's called "choice", and adults utilize it. Try it.
after reading some disscusions about the sprint i cant belive that in 2019 we talk about something stupid more like sprint in a game to get it remove.

lets make it clear before i go replay start replaying on some post that this idot disscusion is stupid.
there never gone remove sprint from the game to make it all clear.
once there remove the sprint planty off the comunety will going to Cod,Battlefield,Destiny or other shooter games and not coming back more to halo since some old school players hate the sprint in there game and not like it that shows there not wane adept to the new things and stay in the past and keep it like that.

for all old school players there most learn to adept and accept that big chance's are need to game's if there hate it or dislike it its there call for it.
what i have learn from the past few years and see big chance's in some shooter game's that most players hate and not wane see in there game is something stupid.

i will tell you what other game's comunnety's have for stupid idot problems what there not wane see in there game.

some old school cod players are trying to remove jump from the game.
this comunenety old school players wane see sprint gone.
then there is a group that wane have the most things that in the old time from some games back and that it will go that way without the new things.
and i can keep on but i not will.

but in the end its allways the old school players that not accept chance's in there game and wane keep the old things that was good.
ZombieP1ow wrote:
I play halo 5 when ever I have the time. I like the game, I don't have issues with the mechanics of it. You seem to be stuck in your circular logic loop, trying to illicit a response when none is needed. Nobody is forcing you to play the game if you don't like it. BFV has been untouched since early December because I don't like it. It's called "choice", and adults utilize it. Try it.
It is very possible to like the game while still having issues with one or more mechanics. I don't know why it's so black and white here, or why you boil down to "just don't use it or play something else!" When someone has that response.

This condescending attitude where you "heavily imply" that people who don't like Sprint aren't acting like adults is really annoying to put up with, especially when insulting is against the rules of Waypoint.

The whole reason Sprint is the way it is in Halo 5 was because people didn't like the way it was in Halo 4, right?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 818
  4. 819
  5. 820
  6. 821
  7. 822
  8. ...
  9. 825