The sprint discussion thread

OP Gandalfur

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 823
  4. 824
  5. ...
  6. 825
Imagine using one of the most famous examples of trying to fix what isn't broken and trying ape your competitors at the expense of your own audience in order to try and cry wolf about the removal of sprint....

What a ringing endorsement of a developer to say that they can't even recreate the thing that made the brand famous in the first place, especially when on paper at least, there should be less variables to worry about. If they can't get classic Halo right why on Earth would we trust them to do something with even more mechanical guff slapped onto it?

If they can't get 4v4 on say Sanctuary to work, why should they be trusted to create say Warzone or anything new for that matter?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Spikanor wrote:
Naqser wrote:
"i343 is incapable of making a less complex game intriguing and fun while also adhering to classic gameplay. Instead in order for them to make a game worthy of the masses, they need to follow a fictional bucket list of mechanics, creating whatever game comes out of the lottery machine With this I can then point back and say *told you so*, if i343 does indeed pull sprint out, but screws something else up which is unrelated to movement, which people will be upset about. Overall, sprint fixes any mediocre game, and any issue in it, while also objectively raise all games up. All who object regardless of their issues with any new thing, will be dismissed as *blinded by nostalgia*, as I have not a single gripe with anything that has been added, changed, removed or altered, ever."
where is the proof for that there removing sprint from halo 6
Noticed how it's in quote marks, and that the very first word you bolded was "if"?
While I want classic to return, I don't understand why Microsoft just doesn't start two development cycles like Infinity Ward/Treyarch/Sledgehammer. Main games are classic and spinoffs are advanced movement...
While I want classic to return, I don't understand why Microsoft just doesn't start two development cycles like Infinity Ward/Treyarch/Sledgehammer. Main games are classic and spinoffs are advanced movement...
hell no.
you only get more and more problems if 3 company's are working on 1 game titel.
first problem you get is the main campaign story problems since you get more the same like cod now has only seperate campaign story's and not 1 main story like halo.
second off all if some off then have the stupids idea to remove the campaign mode for a battle royal playlist then you also a lot off hate or other replace it with something else.
3th reason: you get there own idea's there wane add in the game and remove that is not good for the game.
and main big reason is: look at cod with the 3 company's that are making cod titels there are doing not great with there own idea's there have add in the game.
and halo is a xbox exclusive game and its not like activision that make's then for playstation and xbox.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 823
  4. 824
  5. ...
  6. 825