2. ...
  3. 823
  4. 824
  5. 825
  6. 826
  7. 827
  8. ...
  9. 828
Imagine using one of the most famous examples of trying to fix what isn't broken and trying ape your competitors at the expense of your own audience in order to try and cry wolf about the removal of sprint....

What a ringing endorsement of a developer to say that they can't even recreate the thing that made the brand famous in the first place, especially when on paper at least, there should be less variables to worry about. If they can't get classic Halo right why on Earth would we trust them to do something with even more mechanical guff slapped onto it?

If they can't get 4v4 on say Sanctuary to work, why should they be trusted to create say Warzone or anything new for that matter?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Spikanor wrote:
Naqser wrote:
"i343 is incapable of making a less complex game intriguing and fun while also adhering to classic gameplay. Instead in order for them to make a game worthy of the masses, they need to follow a fictional bucket list of mechanics, creating whatever game comes out of the lottery machine With this I can then point back and say *told you so*, if i343 does indeed pull sprint out, but screws something else up which is unrelated to movement, which people will be upset about. Overall, sprint fixes any mediocre game, and any issue in it, while also objectively raise all games up. All who object regardless of their issues with any new thing, will be dismissed as *blinded by nostalgia*, as I have not a single gripe with anything that has been added, changed, removed or altered, ever."
where is the proof for that there removing sprint from halo 6
Noticed how it's in quote marks, and that the very first word you bolded was "if"?
While I want classic to return, I don't understand why Microsoft just doesn't start two development cycles like Infinity Ward/Treyarch/Sledgehammer. Main games are classic and spinoffs are advanced movement...
While I want classic to return, I don't understand why Microsoft just doesn't start two development cycles like Infinity Ward/Treyarch/Sledgehammer. Main games are classic and spinoffs are advanced movement...
hell no.
you only get more and more problems if 3 company's are working on 1 game titel.
first problem you get is the main campaign story problems since you get more the same like cod now has only seperate campaign story's and not 1 main story like halo.
second off all if some off then have the stupids idea to remove the campaign mode for a battle royal playlist then you also a lot off hate or other replace it with something else.
3th reason: you get there own idea's there wane add in the game and remove that is not good for the game.
and main big reason is: look at cod with the 3 company's that are making cod titels there are doing not great with there own idea's there have add in the game.
and halo is a xbox exclusive game and its not like activision that make's then for playstation and xbox.
getatme94 wrote:
Gandalfur wrote:
but thats the thing we are still keeping sprint, its there its still an option and if you wanted to play with it you could play warzone or custom games. thing is halos 1-3 were fine without sprint in the campaign and the arena aspect. What does sprint bring to those gamemodes that improve on the experience and dont just take away from it?
it improves by being able to get to a spot slightly faster? is that not the obvious answer?
fun fact: the sprinting speed is the same as the old movement speed in halo 3/2/CE but they tweaked FOV to make it look faster.. So that means the walking speed is now slower and we generally have slower gameplay, it just feels fast
m1ghty boy wrote:
getatme94 wrote:
Gandalfur wrote:
but thats the thing we are still keeping sprint, its there its still an option and if you wanted to play with it you could play warzone or custom games. thing is halos 1-3 were fine without sprint in the campaign and the arena aspect. What does sprint bring to those gamemodes that improve on the experience and dont just take away from it?
it improves by being able to get to a spot slightly faster? is that not the obvious answer?
fun fact: the sprinting speed is the same as the old movement speed in halo 3/2/CE but they tweaked FOV to make it look faster.. So that means the walking speed is now slower and we generally have slower gameplay, it just feels fast
It's actually not.
Sprint speed is faster than old BMS, and even Halo 5's BMS is faster than the old BMS of CE/2/3.
Ontop of that, FoV generally decreased with each title, but I suspect Halo 4/5 increased it again. However I haven't found any values and care not to look that deep right now. Though I assume Halo CE Still hold the highest FoV of all Halo titles.
m1ghty boy wrote:
getatme94 wrote:
Gandalfur wrote:
If it is a fact, where's the proof? You have no article or video to back up what you're saying.
m1ghty boy wrote:
If it is a fact, where's the proof? You have no article or video to back up what you're saying.
Cool someone asked for proof. Time to waste my lunch break on an unnecessary long post.

Real fun fact: Halo 5 has a faster movement speed than CE-3, even without Sprint involved.

This video is for CE-Reach.This is Tsassi's video for Halo 4 and Halo 5's movement speeds.

Halo CE - Halo 3: 2.25 units per second

Halo Reach: 2.2 units per second

Halo 4: 2.2 units per second.

Halo 5: 2.6 units per second

In terms of how fast the player moves, we can literally see this mathematically. There's no debate here.

If you're trying to determine the players speed relative to map size, then you're bringing up a whole different variable.

m1ghty boy Your initial claim is incorrect.
m1ghty boy wrote:
Cool someone asked for proof. Time to waste my lunch break on an unnecessary long post.

Real fun fact: Halo 5 has a faster movement speed than CE-3, even without Sprint involved.

This video is for CE-Reach.This is Tsassi's video for Halo 4 and Halo 5's movement speeds.

In terms of how fast the player moves, we can literally see this mathematically. There's no debate here.

If you're trying to determine the players speed relative to map size, then you're bringing up a whole different variable.

ouch. was just repeating what i heard a while ago.. i do like sprint in games but i think it only belongs in the way halo reach did it..
m1ghty boy wrote:
m1ghty boy wrote:

ouch. was just repeating what i heard a while ago.. i do like sprint in games but i think it only belongs in the way halo reach did it..
I didn't make it as an attack towards you (I only used your name because the notification system only quotes one person), but as a stage for numbers going forward so misinformation isn't spread.
I’d rather keep sprint. With respect to the original halo games I love nothing more to walk normal speed to enjoy the campaign but... in multiplayer sprint makes everything tactical and interesting
I liked sprint but I think this should not be necessary maybe an option to disable or maybe not use it during the campaign seems to me sufficient considering that multiplayer mode makes everything more interesting
Keep sprint
Furacao999 wrote:
I liked sprint but I think this should not be necessary maybe an option to disable or maybe not use it during the campaign seems to me sufficient considering that multiplayer mode makes everything more interesting
Sprint and AA impact all part of the game, map, weapon sandbox ect Having it enabled for mp and not for campaign would be a devs ultimate nightmare.
NR ODST wrote:
I’d rather keep sprint. With respect to the original halo games I love nothing more to walk normal speed to enjoy the campaign but... in multiplayer sprint makes everything tactical and interesting
Furacao999 wrote:
"interesting"

What does that mean exactly?

(Disclaimer: I'm about to make the same argument I've been making for, I think, 9 years now, but for since I got a like that brought me back here I'll rehash for the new users that have posted since)

My argument is very simple. Sprint is bad because it's a limiting factor to the gameplay. Whilst sprinting players lose the ability to shoot, grenade, and scan their surroundings. To do any of these things, players must sacrifice their ability to traverse he map at full speed. Ultimately slowing down the pace of the gameplay. It also had the effect of layering in more complexity for zero added depth. This is bad for pro players as they are forced to choice engaging in a fight and helping their team or moving, and it's bad for new players as they have a new layer of complexity to learn the game to even play the game. The tools that classic Halo gave a player was enough to pull off a comparatively larger number of moves and combinations in any given situation. Example: Jumping up to a higher level. Classic Halo allows you to look forward/sideways/backwards/spin and shoot/grenade/melee, all at full speed, and adjusting your tactic depending and what you see. Modern Halo you have to sprint and clamber. Those are your only options. That's the opposite of tactical/interesting/fast/dynamic as far as I'm concerned.

The only players who benefit from this style of game are those that are already familiar with the genre, and just so happen to like it over other types.

Depth vs Complexity, and why more complexity doesn't equal better.Halo 3 vs Halo 5 movements speeds, and why sprint doesn't equal faster traversal times.So what is it about sprint that makes the gameplay more interesting?
What makes it interesting is that basically almost all modern shooters use sprint now if it were such a bad thing to have then cod games would never utilize it. Sure it takes away the ability to shoot but it only limiting if you’re poorly utilizing it. A common tactic for halo players or perhaps many players of the same genre is to drown the enemy in grenades and give relentless pursuit for a kill. Sprint in a situation like that would be useful in escaping situations like that. And situations like that are not telling of ones skill but certainly doesn’t let the other team have a 1 kill advantage over the other. And who says it’s limiting? Are you familiar with hit and run tactics? In a lot of matches there are tons of players who use the combination of sprint + spartan charge for a good kill so while sprint limits things like shooting and grenade throwing it doesn’t “limit” the third form of attacking in halo which is melee. Sprint keeps the game interesting because it can be used for a kill or in a fight of flight situation and as mentioned before running is not telling of ones skill. And yes it can be bad for pro players but as far as pro players go it’s their choice on how to engage/disengage or to sprint and not sprint. I’m no pro player either but it’s common sense when sprint should be used and not used, now does this always guarantee safety? No because the maps in which we are playing on can offer an adavantage or a disadvantage as a player it’s your judgement to make the decision of using it and not using. If I’m running from a brawl at low shields and I have a chance to live and fight another day im taking it cause multiplayer team games are about decisions and skill. What can I do that ensures my team winning? What can I do to make sure I’m not being a hindrance. It’s all decision making. My teammates are in trouble and I have the fire power to help them? Sprint to their aid and find cover to help them without getting yourself killed it’s all in the decision
NR ODST wrote:
What makes it interesting is that basically almost all modern shooters use sprint now if it were such a bad thing to have then cod games would never utilize it.
Why should this game add something solely because another game is doing the same thing? I thought people hated it when they heard "Halo is like Call of Duty now," so why are we...trying to make that statement true?

NR ODST wrote:
A common tactic for halo players or perhaps many players of the same genre is to drown the enemy in grenades and give relentless pursuit for a kill. Sprint in a situation like that would be useful in escaping situations like that. And situations like that are not telling of ones skill but certainly doesn’t let the other team have a 1 kill advantage over the other. And who says it’s limiting? Sprint keeps the game interesting because it can be used for a kill or in a fight of flight situation and as mentioned before running is not telling of ones skill.
Except 343i doesn't want you to do that. That's explicitly why they designed Sprint the way it is today. They don't want you to use it to run away, or give fight or flight situations, or escaping with no shields.
NR ODST wrote:
What makes it interesting is that basically almost all modern shooters use sprint now if it were such a bad thing to have then cod games would never utilize it.
Cod games also have a time to kill which is much faster than Halo so escaping from fights with sprint likely isn't a big issue as it is in Halo. 343 nerfed sprint so your shields don't recharge while doing it, but it still didn't fix it the escaping problem.
NR ODST wrote:
Why should this game add something solely because another game is doing the same thing? I thought people hated it when they heard "Halo is like Call of Duty now," so why are we...trying to make that statement true?

NR ODST wrote:
A common tactic for halo players or perhaps many players of the same genre is to drown the enemy in grenades and give relentless pursuit for a kill. Sprint in a situation like that would be useful in escaping situations like that. And situations like that are not telling of ones skill but certainly doesn’t let the other team have a 1 kill advantage over the other. And who says it’s limiting? Sprint keeps the game interesting because it can be used for a kill or in a fight of flight situation and as mentioned before running is not telling of ones skill.
Except 343i doesn't want you to do that. That's explicitly why they designed Sprint the way it is today. They don't want you to use it to run away, or give fight or flight situations, or escaping with no shields.
It’s not even just cod other games like pubg use it as well. I don’t believe for a minute that 343 would say anything like that cause halo is a game that is played and controlled by the player. Don’t act like one thing such as sprint could be such a defining dealbreaker for a franchise
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 823
  4. 824
  5. 825
  6. 826
  7. 827
  8. ...
  9. 828