1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 825
  4. 826
  5. 827
  6. 828
  7. ...
  8. 829
Since we are spartan and not anything else atm, the character is already "running/sprinting" at his fastest pace. The spriting is activated only when the player's thruster pack is activated.

I think its a cool mechanic, especially with the speed boosts. I also think if they were to keep it, the animation for the magnum could be changed to something more dramatically intense than it is already.

Halo is great. No matter what happens I will still play Halo 5 and MCC over anything else.
Sprint is fine, we all love sprint, you are the very small group that hates it, and you can go play the chief collection if you dont like the new stuff. We can finally be spartans from the books in halo 5, and I hope we get the same treatment in infinite.
Sprint is fine, we all love sprint, you are the very small group that hates it, and you can go play the chief collection if you dont like the new stuff. We can finally be spartans from the books in halo 5, and I hope we get the same treatment in infinite.
I thought we were past "Everyone loves it, go play something else if you don't like it."

Respect doesn't seem to go a long way anymore.
Where is the proof of this small group? I'm sure there are plenty who hate sprint who don't even visit these forums.
Honestly I'd be fine if they took out spring from the Campaign, but multiplayer wise I really don't care about sprint, but the thing that bothers me is spartan charge, I'd much rather perform a normal melee than a full charge. Another thing that I really liked about 5 was the clamber, it was really fun to use and removed the frustration from Halo 3 when you couldn't jump on top of something because of half a millimeter
magpie5785 wrote:
Honestly I'd be fine if they took out spring from the Campaign, but multiplayer wise I really don't care about sprint, but the thing that bothers me is spartan charge, I'd much rather perform a normal melee than a full charge. Another thing that I really liked about 5 was the clamber, it was really fun to use and removed the frustration from Halo 3 when you couldn't jump on top of something because of half a millimeter
What does spring have to do with anything?
magpie5785 wrote:
* Spring
magpie5785 wrote:
magpie5785 wrote:
* Spring
SPRINT sorry, I can't type
I like the faster movement spartan charge and ground pound hope it all stays i mean really if they get rid of it we could get something worse like armour lock
I like the faster movement spartan charge and ground pound hope it all stays i mean really if they get rid of it we could get something worse like armour lock
I'd take armor lock over Spartan charge.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Blasphemy, I tell ya. Nothing is worse than Armor Lock. NOTHING!
I still don't understand why ppl can't just settle for keeping sprint and all spartan abilities including ADS, and to just have a classic matchmaking playlist with them all disabled if you really hate the new mechanics. I for one love Halo 5's multiplayer the most in franchise history solely because of the movement mechanics, but if you hate them for some reason, a separate classic playlist could easily remedy the issue and make everyone happy
I still don't understand why ppl can't just settle for keeping sprint and all spartan abilities including ADS, and to just have a classic matchmaking playlist with them all disabled if you really hate the new mechanics. I for one love Halo 5's multiplayer the most in franchise history solely because of the movement mechanics, but if you hate them for some reason, a separate classic playlist could easily remedy the issue and make everyone happy
You mean like how the H3 Throwback playlist made everyone happy?
1. Why should people "settle" for what they don't like?

2. Because the game is going to clearly follow one of those traits, unless you're going to make two sandboxes, two sets of maps, and everything else. What if they wanted classic CTF or classic BTB? At that point you're just making two separate games.

3. Because the statement implies you're just throwing those players a bone to appease them, not really listening to the root problem they have.

What stops people from requesting the opposite? A "classic" game but keep a playlist with anything and everything enabled.
eLantern wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Blasphemy, I tell ya. Nothing is worse than Armor Lock. NOTHING!
That is facts, are you sick LUKE?
Ok or conversely , why don't we have classic halo and a separate playlist that has spartan abilities turned on for only that playlist ? Sounds absurd doesn't it ? , that's exactly how your suggestion comes across to the classic crowd
That is facts, are you sick LUKE?
lol, no. I was somewhat joking to make a point for any person who has influence in Infinite and reads this that Spartan Charge is so bad I'd take armor lock over it which is one of the worst abilities invented.
I really don't like sprint. It doesn't add anything to the game. It just gives the perception that you're moving faster. When in reality the maps are made even larger to compensate for sprint being added to the game. I just played the halo CE playlist in halo 5 and the maps don't play anything like their predecessors. They're all too large. And to to get across a map in any normal amount of time or for what is considered normal by halo standards I am obligated to use sprint. But using sprint takes away my ability to react quickly and shoot. Why were maps made that way? Because of sprint... It is a garbage addition to halo that was never needed. Period.

In truth halo CE plays faster than any of the other Halo games, including halo 4 and halo 5, which both include sprint. CE is just a way better game though imo. I hate sprint. Keep that nonsense in some other cod wannabe halo game.
I cannot stand sprint. I have played halo since 2002 and I truly believe that it ruined the game. The maps are larger and do not play fluidly like Halo CE-3. Classic halo you always had your gun up, giving you the ability to shoot, grenade, run and jump all at the same time, with sprint the game feels choppy. Sprint simply does not belong in halo.
It belongs in but it wouldn't fit for Halo ce, 2 and 3.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 825
  4. 826
  5. 827
  6. 828
  7. ...
  8. 829