2. ...
  3. 830
  4. 831
  5. 832
  6. 833
  7. ...
  8. 834
Celestis wrote:
I know, but I don't care. I don't care about quitting (which will happen anyways) and I don't care about JIP. I care about sprint.
Quitting and JIP will make some online matches frustrating.
how many time's in halo 3 and halo reach you end up with a team that has quit the match and leave you alone or a other team alone.
quitting a match can never be stopt and its allways become's a problem in halo series since if you remove the leave button in the game then there are still 2 options left where 343 not has controle on.
and that is close the game and turn off your concole that are the 2 things you get then and that means mass quitting will never be gone.
what easy can be done also without the JIP is remove the win and lose stats and the kill/death stats for good from the halo series then players not have to focus on getting the best stats but then again you get unhappy communety members since there wane see there stats and care about it.
then only 1 option stay's open and thats the JIP system.

Celestis wrote:
Sprint will make all online matches frustrating and the campaign as well, because everything from weapons, vehicles, level design and even A.I. needs to be "balanced" for it. (And I'm putting "balanced" in the biggest airquotes that I can...)
lets see you get then more large maps in the matchmaking and campaign.
you need to have good skill to use a sniper rife and also master the vehicles drive to make splater kills.
so far i see things that has become more better in the halo game's since back in halo 3 a vehicle was to power full more since you got almost no chance to evade it.
now you have a chance to evade it.
i see more good things then bad things about sprint since it has give a new level about game play more.

Celestis wrote:
That has absolutely nothing to do with sprint. You can give any team any movement speed you want. Raise the BMS to 110% or 120% and you're done.
Secondly, as has already been said, sprint does not allow you to "reach some spots [t]hat you normal[l]y never can". If the developers don't want you to reach that spot, you won't, if they do, you will, whether that game has sprint or not.
you know the developers not think about things like that right.
in halo 5 in the game type Infeccion there is a map where players can hide and stay on some things.
like on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL_kyRSp1IE
who tells not this are spots where developers think about it with a 2 man work or solo.
and still this is why sprint make things fun more you can find new spots to hide in a infeccion game type map.
same it was on halo reach on some spots you need sprint to reach some cool spot and you win almost easy there.
and about the 110% and 120% basic moving speed there are place's on some off the maps where running is more stupid to do since you die there and fall most case down hard or reach the kill barier.
Spikanor wrote:
Achievable without sprint.
There are plenty if ways to allow fast travel over large distances without relying on a global player mechanic.

Spikanor wrote:
you need to have good skill to use a sniper rife and also master the vehicles drive to make splater kills.
Increase BMS and better strafing acceleration, increase jump height.
Decrease aim assist on the sniper rifle.
Increase speed required to make a splatter happen.

Spikanor wrote:
so far i see things that has become more better in the halo game's since back in halo 3 a vehicle was to power full more since you got almost no chance to evade it.
Which had nothing to do with sprint.
Plenty of times the "issues" of powerful vehicles was a result of a large difference in team skill.

Spikanor wrote:
i see more good things then bad things about sprint since it has give a new level about game play more.
What exactly does "new level about game play" mean?
Sprint disables your weapons as long as you want to move slightly faster, forward only.

Spikanor wrote:
in halo 5 in the game type Infeccion there is a map where players can hide and stay on some things.
like on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL_kyRSp1IE
who tells not this are spots where developers think about it with a 2 man work or solo.
and still this is why sprint make things fun more you can find new spots to hide in a infeccion game type map.
same it was on halo reach on some spots you need sprint to reach some cool spot and you win almost easy there.
and about the 110% and 120% basic moving speed there are place's on some off the maps where running is more stupid to do since you die there and fall most case down hard or reach the kill barier.
Just because some spots goes unnoticed, doesn't mean the developers do not think about their map design.
If running full speed is stupid, don't tilt your thumbstick fully forward in those areas?
Spikanor wrote:
how many time's in halo 3 and halo reach you end up with a team that has quit the match and leave you alone or a other team alone.
quitting a match can never be stopt and its allways become's a problem in halo series since if you remove the leave button in the game then there are still 2 options left where 343 not has controle on.
and that is close the game and turn off your concole that are the 2 things you get then and that means mass quitting will never be gone.
what easy can be done also without the JIP is remove the win and lose stats and the kill/death stats for good from the halo series then players not have to focus on getting the best stats but then again you get unhappy communety members since there wane see there stats and care about it.
then only 1 option stay's open and thats the JIP system.
Again, I don't care. Besides the fact that this is completely off-topic.

Spikanor wrote:
It's not the large maps I have an issue with. Halo always had those, courtesy of vehicles, teleporters and man cannons. It's the small maps that have disappeared, because every damn corridor now has to be stretched so you can sprint through it.

Spikanor wrote:
Using a sniper rifle in H5G is easier than in any other game of the franchise because 343 had to increase the aim assist and bullet magnetism to a ridiculous level to compensate for sprint. The bullets literally fly in curves.

Spikanor wrote:
Most people complain about the paper vehicles being useless since Reach, so that's actually something bad, not good.

Spikanor wrote:
Wrong. They do. Here is an episode of H5G's "The Sprint" where they specifically talk about certain spots that they don't want players to get to anymore and other spots that they do, but they want them to have to use specific abilities to do so.

Spikanor wrote:
Again, has nothing to do with sprint. You can still do that with BMS.

Spikanor wrote:
That game was "balanced" for sprint. If sprint hadn't been in the game you could have reached those spots with BMS.

Spikanor wrote:
I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here but once again, the level design is a certain way because of sprint. When you take it out, the levels will be designed differently.
Naqser wrote:
There are plenty if ways to allow fast travel over large distances without relying on a global player mechanic.
o really have you ever done this achievement in halo 1 combat evolved anniversary the achievement: Complete the level “Halo” on any difficulty without entering a vehicle.
then you know how pain in the -Yoink- long it will take if you need to walk the longst map off the game only for a achievement.
and not fergot some players go for 100% compleet achievements and are achievement hunters also.
if you never have done it then try it is i bet you get sick off it and that sprint is a good thing then to have.
only players that have compleet that achievement like me know its a pain in the yoink at some point and you wish there was sprint back then.

Naqser wrote:
Increase BMS and better strafing acceleration, increase jump height.
Decrease aim assist on the sniper rifle.
Increase speed required to make a splatter happen.
the Aim assist is staying in the halo series if there are become both playable on pc and xbox on launch then aim assist is need for concole players to make it what more fair for then vs pc players.
if there increase the jump height you get for sure players crying on the forum about it.

Naqser wrote:
What exactly does "new level about game play" mean?
Sprint disables your weapons as long as you want to move slightly faster, forward only
the new level about game play is more to do with some off the weapons like a sniper rilfe type weapons.
since the player needs to learn more now to shot a other player will its running and same go's for grenate's its also a new skill you need.
a frag grenate is now with sprint easy to evade then back then that means you need to trow the frag grenate more on the right place and the right time same go's with plasma you need to learn more to let it stuck players more with it.

Naqser wrote:
Just because some spots goes unnoticed, doesn't mean the developers do not think about their map design.
If running full speed is stupid, don't tilt your thumbstick fully forward in those areas?
there are things the developers cant fix with kill bariers since some place's like you have see on the video are on the map still and not outside the map.
in halo 4 not a lot off players have share the hidding spots on most off the maps for the game type flood.
halo 5 there are lot more there have share on youtube the hiding spots.
and in halo reach where sprint was limit to one side only off the field only it was to powerfull since on lot off place's there you need sprint to reach the hiding spot and if you are a zombie in halo reach you got evade and not sprint and that was not fair more and was to powerfull.
in halo 5 there have both side's use the same abilities but some spots still there have become powerful only its become powerful if you have players that not know how to get there and if you know how to come there its not power full.

its great the developers give the players on infection playlist in halo 5 more freedom then it was on halo 4.
Celestis wrote:
It's not the large maps I have an issue with. Halo always had those, courtesy of vehicles, teleporters and man cannons. It's the small maps that have disappeared, because every damn corridor now has to be stretched so you can sprint through it.
like things in life developers need to make choose and a lot off then are hard to make.
like co-op campaign's/split screen/small maps/sprint and what for new stuff we gone add and also lot more things.
its like what for game type's are coming back and what for game type's not.
that a lot off players like to see for exemple SWAT playlist back and its not coming back is hard for then but its a harder call the developers need to make.
and if small maps was one off the hard calls there have to make and there choose to not make small maps then its suxs for the players that like to see small maps but like with sprint you cant make all players happy.
we can agree and disagree with the decisions the developers make but its somebody needs to make then and if there are pain for a lot off players then its so.

we can keep talking about we wane see in the halo series sprint or not its not us decision to make it its the developers and 343 that most make then.
and like both things in the end you get some unhappy players that not gone like then.
thats how the world off making game's work that big decisions are need to be take and if that means you end up with unhappy players then it will be.
and we have see it last year that some developers have left 343 since there not agree the decisions that have been make about the next halo game then there got a choose to stay and follow the decision that has been make or leave.
thats also a part off the real world if you not agree with some off the decisions that have been make then you need to choose to follow it or leave.
and if 343 choose's to keep sprint in the halo series's then its there call to do it the only thing the players that not like it is not buying the game then.
Spikanor wrote:
o really have you ever done this achievement in halo 1 combat evolved anniversary the achievement: Complete the level “Halo” on any difficulty without entering a vehicle.
then you know how pain in the -Yoink- long it will take if you need to walk the longst map off the game only for a achievement.
and not fergot some players go for 100% compleet achievements and are achievement hunters also.
if you never have done it then try it is i bet you get sick off it and that sprint is a good thing then to have.
only players that have compleet that achievement like me know its a pain in the yoink at some point and you wish there was sprint back then.
That level was never meant to be played without a vehicle. Just because 343 throws in some random achievement 10 years later does not mean the game desperately needs sprint.
Besides, sprint wouldn't even fix anything here. The level is so ridiculously large that it would still take forever. SPV3 has sprint, just play that level without a vehicle and tell me how sprint fixes everything. -.-
If you deliberately decide to forego the systems a level is built around, it's your own fault. 343's games also have levels where you're supposed to use a vehicle. Have fun trying to sprint that Ghost escape sequence in Halo 4.

Oh, just so you know... I did that achievement. (twice, actually, one in CEA and once in the MCC.) You're supposed to play coop. The second player can use vehicles and the first player will get the achievement. It's the same with Reach's achievement for finishing Exodus without Armor Abilities, a level built around the use of Armor Lock and Jetpack.
From a lot of the posts here I can see that all 343 has to do is keep sprint with modifications. All they have to do is allow players to shoot while still sprinting and everyone will be happy.
Celestis wrote:
Oh, just so you know... I did that achievement. (twice, actually, one in CEA and once in the MCC.) You're supposed to play coop. The second player can use vehicles and the first player will get the achievement. It's the same with Reach's achievement for finishing Exodus without Armor Abilities, a level built around the use of Armor Lock and Jetpack.
you know that MCC got all the achievements in the game what also is a easter egg from the normal version off the halo game.
like halo reach you get in MCC a achievement by dancing with DJ brute what is a easter egg same with flying a Pelican and Phantom that was a easter egg and has become a achievement.
what 343 is doing it make compleet some off the achievements what harder then it was back then and not what bungie has done from adding some campaign achievements and then only with matchmaking achievements.
and do you remember the halo 2 achievement from MCC to find all the doll's will we know it was back then more a easter egg.
and you know there are now lot off guide's are on youtube and on trueachievements where players can find then.

Celestis wrote:
That level was never meant to be played without a vehicle. Just because 343 throws in some random achievement 10 years later does not mean the game desperately needs sprint.
Besides, sprint wouldn't even fix anything here. The level is so ridiculously large that it would still take forever.
and if there are way's to get then easy like on that level you do it duo same like on mcc halo reach on exodus then its so easy to get it.
people have become smart with things like that how to get then easy and with less time.
and what for one is easy to get and for a other hard to get is normal.
if you need to keep the socpion intact on halo reach 9th mission on Legendary with the Scorpion intact.
that is for some easy and for others its hard to keep it intact but it can.
From a lot of the posts here I can see that all 343 has to do is keep sprint with modifications. All they have to do is allow players to shoot while still sprinting and everyone will be happy.
I wouldn't say "happy" but it's the absolute bare minimum they need to do for me to even consider playing the game...
...used, that is. I'm not buying at full price again until sprint is gone.
didn't even bother reading it because it is the dumbest topic out there right now. Just because it has sprint doesn't mean its not Halo. It's one whole mechanic, that's it. If you don't like sprint, don't sprint. Problem solved.
URAH THATS WHAT I LIKE TO HEAR there are modes for people who don't like sprint which remove sprint so that's another problem solved
didn't even bother reading it because it is the dumbest topic out there right now. Just because it has sprint doesn't mean its not Halo. It's one whole mechanic, that's it. If you don't like sprint, don't sprint. Problem solved.
URAH THATS WHAT I LIKE TO HEAR there are modes for people who don't like sprint which remove sprint so that's another problem solved
Let's say you disliked jumping, for the sake of the argument.
Think this through.
Would you realistically stop jumping in the normal modes?
Would you be happy to disable jumping in your own custom modes, and then play on the normal maps?
And that's just the multiplayer portion of the game, completely leaving out any PvE mode, or other pvp mode which can't be altered.

No, just not using sprint does not solve any problems.
Going in for customs only solves no other problems either, because for instance, you completely ignore the campaign portion of the game.
Naqser wrote:
Let's say you disliked jumping, for the sake of the argument.
Think this through.
Would you realistically stop jumping in the normal modes?
Would you be happy to disable jumping in your own custom modes, and then play on the normal maps?
And that's just the multiplayer portion of the game, completely leaving out any PvE mode, or other pvp mode which can't be altered.

No, just not using sprint does not solve any problems.
Going in for customs only solves no other problems either, because for instance, you completely ignore the campaign portion of the game.
Mechanics are also fundamentally changed through the inclusion of Sprint, like with the Sniper example, so this is still nonsense. Sprint has further reaching ramifications than just movement speed being changed.
Imma just start by saying that yes, the first Halo game I played was Halo 4 and yes, I was in the first grade when I first played it. That doesn’t mean that my opinion isn’t a viable argument for the Bungie fanatics. Their games were amazing, I beat all of them, but sprint is an amazing mechanic in Halo. It allows for swift getaways, as intended, and it makes map navigation easier. Unlimited sprint also ties in with the lore of SPARTANS in general, specifically SPARTAN II’s. They were literally engineered to be able to maintain speeds like this for a reason, and adding this function into the game just to take it out is a little stupid, seeing as according to the sprint armor abilities in Halo Reach, the suit limiters can even be breached to reach higher speeds. SPARTANS are meant to be physically capable of this, and giving them this power just to take it away because of overly-nostalgic fans is far from reasonable. And once again to the Bungie fanatics, THEY INVENTED SPRINT! 343 merely made it better suited for the new games. The map design could be less heavily centered on SPARTAN abilities, and even remove the charge and ground pound, but the function should still stay. It has too many uses. It can be used in campaign maps with long areas, parkour jumps and maps in custom games, and evading enemy fire in matchmaking. Nostalgia is good, but the negative attitude of most veteran players is getting to the point where it is dividing the community over a trivial piece of possibly the best game to release this year. And yes, I get where those who prefer Bungie’s games are coming from, but in this case, the facts outweigh your opinions at this point. If sprint leaves in Infinite, I’ll be sad, but there’s literally no reason to make Super Humans limit their powers for no reason other than nostalgia. Heck, the top post on this has no supporting facts behind their post. And I get that a lot of my post is my opinion also, but there’s fact behind it. If you don’t want sprint, just don’t use it, but chances are you’ll be outmaneuvered by the superior movement system 343 has made available.
Sprint is an amazing mechanic in Halo. It allows for swift getaways, as intended,
If it was intended to allow swift getaways, why were the changes made for Sprint between Halo 4 and Halo 5?

and it makes map navigation easier.
In what way, does a slight speed increase with reduced turn rates, make map navigation easier?

Unlimited sprint also ties in with the lore of SPARTANS in general, specifically SPARTAN II’s. They were literally engineered to be able to maintain speeds like this for a reason, and adding this function into the game just to take it out is a little stupid, seeing as according to the sprint armor abilities in Halo Reach, the suit limiters can even be breached to reach higher speeds.
We've come a long way since Reach, where the Sprint Module was a suit-hack which overrode the suits limiter's for a brief period of time, allowing short bursts of speed, not so long as to not risk harm to the user. The newer Gen. 2 model certainly had that function built in from the get-go.
Now, as lore is on the table.
Why would, or rather should, a Spartan, in an extremely advanced exoskeleton, not be able to move at top speed at all times, in all directions, while maintaining full accuracy.
All i343 need to do, as they write the lore, is write in a small lore explanation as to how Spartans suddenly can move at high speeds while being able to use their weapon without disadvantages.

As for, cutting sprint overall, it's been nerfed on a few occasions, directly and indirectly, so it's less usefull now than it was before.
That and it wouldn't be the first mechanic / feature to go. They simply make the decision.

SPARTANS are meant to be physically capable of this, and giving them this power just to take it away because of overly-nostalgic fans is far from reasonable.
One of the more interesting things is that whenever "nostalgia", pops up, it's practically always mentioned in a negative manner by those who wish to keep sprint.
Same with Halo 3 and so forth.
"Oooooh you just want Halo 3 because you're a nostalgiatard"
In a thread, where the subject is a single mechanic.
Did Halo 4 suddently feel like any of the Halo OG's when you stopped to use your weapon?
Ever thought that Halo 5 is so Halo OG when you eventually stopped for an encounter?

Are Halo 4 and Halo 5, Halo 4 and Halo 5 respectively only at the time when you sprint in those games?

Did you take a look in the thread to see if there are any gameplay arguments made?

And once again to the Bungie fanatics, THEY INVENTED SPRINT!
Totally forgot Bungie.
That studio too get mentioned a lot when it comes to making people look bad, rather than taking on the arguments themselves.
Okay, invented sprint is kind of a strong statement to make.
Do you mean overall in gaming? Or for Halo only, because invented would imply that they actually thought of the idea first?

343 merely made it better suited for the new games.
Like, nerfing it?

The map design could be less heavily centered on SPARTAN abilities
Because maps which play poorly with mechanics not taken into account on the design, are great maps.
Either you make a map in which the mechanics aren't that much of a use, and it'd defeat the whole purpose of the mechanics in the first place.
Or you make a map which can be broken because you haven't taken the mechanics into account. Like a wall you don't want players to get over, and they do because a mechanic in place allows players to do so.

and even remove the charge and ground pound
Augmented super soldiers shouldn't be allowed to do these things? Why? Body slamming into another spartan, no matter how, does feel like something an Augmented super soldier clad in a titanium exoskeleton could do.

but the function should still stay. It has too many uses. It can be used in campaign maps with long areas, parkour jumps and maps in custom games, and evading enemy fire in matchmaking.
You know, I think some campaign map designers sigh heavily when they read about large areas in the campaign being traversed by foot, and that players want to speed past them.
If their job was to scoop you through a mission as fast as possible, there wouldn't be any massive areas, it'd be a shooting gallery and you'd be done with the mission.

Large campaign environments have purpose.
They allow vehicle combat ( it is on you if vehicles are available and you either lose them all or decide not to use them, that's a decision you make )
They mediate a sense of scope to the player, a sight for you to marvel at.
They provide some down time inbetween action, breather moments.

Parkour maps has existed since Halo 3.

Evading enemy fire has existed since the first shooter.
You're not going to be evading enemy fire with sprint while in combat. Thrusters, sure, sprint no.

Nostalgia is good, but the negative attitude of most veteran players is getting to the point where it is dividing the community over a trivial piece of possibly the best game to release this year.
This community has been divided on this subject for a long time.
Also worth asking, negative attitude of most veteran players? No gameplay has been shown for Infinite yet, I don't recall gameplay even having been talked about by i343.
So, "best game to release this year", when it's like possibly 10 months away, is taking things a little bit too far when it comes to predictions.
As far as I'm concerned, so far, quite a few "veteran players", are happy with the art direction.

I'd also not go call specific mechanics which influence gameplay and gameplay experience "trivival".

And yes, I get where those who prefer Bungie’s games are coming from, but in this case, the facts outweigh your opinions at this point.
So, you mention Bungie again.
But, can you actually enter a thread, speak of facts and not mention them, and how they outweigh someone elses opinions, without mentioning what kind of opinions you're talking about?

If sprint leaves in Infinite, I’ll be sad, but there’s literally no reason to make Super Humans limit their powers for no reason other than nostalgia.
So you're saying that Sprint should be removed, only because of nostalgia?

There are those who argue sprinting is limiting a "Super Human".
Putting down the gun, reduce turn ratio and then move somewhat faster forward.
Can't shoot, can't melee, can't strafe, can't throw grenades as long as you're in that sprint animation.

Heck, the top post on this has no supporting facts behind their post.
Top post in a thread with 800+ pages. What do you think the other pages contain?

And I get that a lot of my post is my opinion also, but there’s fact behind it.
Yet no fact spelled out to support those opinions.

If you don’t want sprint, just don’t use it, but chances are you’ll be outmaneuvered by the superior movement system 343 has made available.
"Superior", nyyaah,
Would you elect to not jump if you disliked the jumping mechanic?
That suggestion is the same as the fourth post in this thread, on the first page.
Not only that but you defeated your own suggestion in the same sentence, in a smug manner nontheless.

Here's a thought though.
For Halo Infinite, i343 should implement a "loadout" system, with a simplified version displayed here below

Loadout A: Advanced Mechanics
BMS: 100%
Sprint: 125%
Jump height: 100%
Clamber: Enabled

Loadout B: Simple mechanics
BMS: 125%
Jump height: 125%
Sprint: Disabled
Clamber: Disabled
but sprint is an amazing mechanic in Halo. It allows for swift getaways, as intended, and it makes map navigation easier.
You're so willing to talk down to "Bungie fanatics", but you make a statement that even 343i considers you wrong on.

For something with so much fact behind it, you make an objectively wrong statement.

There's no point in even trying to comment on the rest of your post because you're already firmly rooted in a stance that relies more on emotions towards some group of people than anything else.
It allows for swift getaways, as intended, and it makes map navigation easier.
At their GDC session on spartan abilities Ryan Darcey claims sprint was one of the most contentious discussions within the studio specifically because of it's escapability problem. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcmJ4ASWDdc
As for making navigation easier, sprint can only be used forwards and you have to abruptly stop using it in order to fire your weapon. I don't see how that makes navigation easier.
Quote:
Unlimited sprint also ties in with the lore of SPARTANS in general.
Pretty sure the lore states that spartans are capable of running incredibly fast while maintaining their accuracy. We've seen this in both Halo legends and Forward Unto Dawn.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTGqNRhm_qQ&t=2629s skip to 1:05:30 if you'd like to see for yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdTKUaWMYvo heres the package.
Quote:
And once again to the Bungie fanatics, THEY INVENTED SPRINT!
So? I can assure you most of us that don't like sprint as it's currently implemented also didn't like it in Reach. This has nothing to do with Bungie vs 343.
Quote:
The map design could be less heavily centered on SPARTAN abilities, and even remove the charge and ground pound, but the function should still stay. It has too many uses.
You can't just add in a plethora of base mechanics and then not balance your maps according to them. If they remove spartan charge we'll likely run into the double melee problem again. And I fail to see sprints many uses, you gain an increase in speed at the cost of some directional control and your weapon is lowered. That's it.
Quote:
It can be used in campaign maps with long areas, parkour jumps and maps in custom games, and evading enemy fire in matchmaking
  1. large campaign maps tend to provide us with vehicles
  2. parkour jumps have been here since before sprint
  3. I would argue it's easier to hit a sprinting target because they can't shoot back
Quote:
Nostalgia is good, but the negative attitude of most veteran players is getting to the point where it is dividing the community over a trivial piece of possibly the best game to release this year.
There are over 800 pages on this thread yet you keep bringing up nostalgia as if it's the only reason people want the mechanic gone. You also bring up the negative attitude of veteran players yet I've seen plenty carefully explain their position towards sprint only to be met with "sprint is here to stay" or "go play mcc, halo needs to evolve" etc. This doesn't apply to all veteran players of course but don't act like it's just the veterans causing trouble while all the new fans are saints.
Quote:
I get where those who prefer Bungie’s games are coming from, but in this case, the facts outweigh your opinions at this point.
What facts?
Naqser wrote:
Here's a thought though.
For Halo Infinite, i343 should implement a "loadout" system, with a simplified version displayed here below

No, I don't think this is the solution. While this is not a bad idea players won't have equal starts. It would be HR/H4 again. I think it should be like HCEA. In HCEA for the 360 you could play the campaign or switch to a completely different menu to play multiplayer. I think Infinite should have a similar style shown below. While this may not be the best solution, it definitely keeps all sides happy and requires a lot more coding. It is all I can think of atm.

EDIT: Sorry if it comes out looking weird. Waypoint won't let me use enter for some reason.

-CLASSIC MENU -MODERN MENU CLASSIC MENU: Classic Campaign
Classic Multiplayer
Classic Custom Games
Classic Forge
Theatre
- Go to Modern Menu

MODERN MENU: Modern Campaign
Modern Multiplayer
Modern Custom Games
Modern Forge
Theatre
- Go to Classic Menu
Naqser wrote:
Here's a thought though.

No, I don't think this is the solution. While this is not a bad idea players won't have equal starts. It would be HR/H4 again. I think it should be like HCEA. In HCEA for the 360 you could play the campaign or switch to a completely different menu to play multiplayer. I think Infinite should have a similar style shown below. While this may not be the best solution, it definitely keeps all sides happy and requires a lot more coding. It is all I can think of atm.

EDIT: Sorry if it comes out looking weird. Waypoint won't let me use enter for some reason.

-CLASSIC MENU -MODERN MENU CLASSIC MENU: Classic Campaign
Classic Multiplayer
Classic Custom Games
Classic Forge
Theatre
- Go to Modern Menu

MODERN MENU: Modern Campaign
Modern Multiplayer
Modern Custom Games
Modern Forge
Theatre
- Go to Classic Menu
Of course it wouldn't be even starts, no one would choose the sprint loadout either because it's extremely limited, it is subpar in every single way.
It's a sarcastic suggestion, but please do ponder on how the gameplay would be if it, against all odds, was implemented.

We're extremely unlikely going to get two different games in a single one.

Let me illustrate in a, quick discussion:

People are Class and Mode.
Class: "Okay, the Classic game, is just the Modern settings disabled, there's really not anything new in here"
Mode: "What's the matter? Thought you wanted Classic gameplay? The new stuff is in the Modern settings"
Class: "There are specific things I do not like in the modern settings, there are some I feel are salvagable, and there are other new ideas I'd like to see explored instead of resources being used on what I dislike in the Modern settings".

Classic vs Modern settings does not work because it implies no new stuff is added outside of non-player assets, to the Classic settings.
Just because I dislike sprint doesn't mean I autmatically dislike thrusters. Just because I'm not fond of Clamber doesn't mean I'm against the idea of wall-jumping.
So no, it would not "keep all sides happy".

And that's ignoring split development resources ( modern is going to suffer from this as well), disproportionate support post-launch, the most-likely feeling of "watered down", and the population issues which highly likely comes along.

PS: HCEA used Reach multiplayer, a few Halo CE MP maps were remade for Reach and you then played Reach MP on those.
Naqser wrote:
Naqser wrote:
Of course it wouldn't be even starts, no one would choose the sprint loadout either because it's extremely limited, it is subpar in every single way.
It's a sarcastic suggestion, but please do ponder on how the gameplay would be if it, against all odds, was implemented.

We're extremely unlikely going to get two different games in a single one.

Let me illustrate in a, quick discussion:

People are Class and Mode.
Class: "Okay, the Classic game, is just the Modern settings disabled, there's really not anything new in here"
Mode: "What's the matter? Thought you wanted Classic gameplay? The new stuff is in the Modern settings"
Class: "There are specific things I do not like in the modern settings, there are some I feel are salvagable, and there are other new ideas I'd like to see explored instead of resources being used on what I dislike in the Modern settings".

Classic vs Modern settings does not work because it implies no new stuff is added outside of non-player assets, to the Classic settings.
Just because I dislike sprint doesn't mean I autmatically dislike thrusters. Just because I'm not fond of Clamber doesn't mean I'm against the idea of wall-jumping.
So no, it would not "keep all sides happy".

I knew there would be opposition when I typed classic. I should have been more clear that I called it classic because it plays like classic Halo. That doesn't necessarily mean that some new mechanics are there.
Naqser wrote:
Naqser wrote:
PS: HCEA used Reach multiplayer, a few Halo CE MP maps were remade for Reach and you then played Reach MP on those.
I looked back at my post and I never see where I denied HCEA using Reach multiplayer. I don't see what Reach has to do with my menu suggestion besides the fact that Reach would be modern and HCEA would be classic.
I knew there would be opposition when I typed classic. I should have been more clear that I called it classic because it plays like classic Halo. That doesn't necessarily mean that some new mechanics are there.
They're not going to make two different games with different mechanics in each mode, in a single game.
Regardless of what you choose to call it and how you mean for each mode to play.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 830
  4. 831
  5. 832
  6. 833
  7. ...
  8. 834