3. 831
  4. 832
  5. 833
  6. 834
  7. 835
  8. ...
  9. 838
my first halo game was halo 3.
it was not a bad game but when halo reach was releast it was better then it was in halo 3.
since most off the matchmaking maps where bigger then it was in halo 3.
and the infection maps there are the best since with the use off sprint it was more and more fun.
same with the jet packs in firefight it was a good ability to use there on most off the firefight maps.
same go's for the zombie's in the infection mode that was with sprint also fair for then.
that the 3 host zombie's have unlimit sprint was good for then sadly most off the time's it was that the spartans there got better spots.
but with the abilitys in the halo reach campaing it was also good to show that you need to think hard.

if you play solo on legedary mode then in most case's you take on a lot off missions you never keep the sprint ability since the other ability's are much better like bubbleschield.
same go's for matchmaking how manny players not took the sprint ability but took jetpack or bubbleschield ability more since it was more usefull.

and not forget that sprint has also a thing to chance the weapon holding from attack mode to basic mode more what you are learning in the army.
and not forget also what most off you all not have think about is in halo series you play in a army game more its not like the cod way be happy but the UNSC is also a ARMY.
its only a modern army.
Naqser wrote:
I knew there would be opposition when I typed classic. I should have been more clear that I called it classic because it plays like classic Halo. That doesn't necessarily mean that some new mechanics are there.
They're not going to make two different games with different mechanics in each mode, in a single game.
Regardless of what you choose to call it and how you mean for each mode to play.
Don't give up hope. They added Reach to the MCC. Now let's return to the discussion of sprint.
Naqser wrote:
I knew there would be opposition when I typed classic. I should have been more clear that I called it classic because it plays like classic Halo. That doesn't necessarily mean that some new mechanics are there.
They're not going to make two different games with different mechanics in each mode, in a single game.
Regardless of what you choose to call it and how you mean for each mode to play.
Don't give up hope. They added Reach to the MCC. Now let's return to the discussion of sprint.
Hope?
It's being realistic.
I can't think of a single game which is divided in the way that's proposed for the split between Sprint and No-Sprint.
And the MCC is a collection of games, not a single game with several modes.
Naqser wrote:
Naqser wrote:
Hope?
It's being realistic.
I can't think of a single game which is divided in the way that's proposed for the split between Sprint and No-Sprint.
Hey, I'm just coming up with solutions don't get mad at me. Also, I don't remember saying that the MCC wasn't a collection of games, don't know what you meant there. I mentioned Reach on the MCC because it seemed like something 343 would never do, but it is here. You said that 343 wouldn't make two different games(of course they wouldn't it is the same game) with different mechanics but, that sounds more realistic than Reach on MCC ever did.
Naqser wrote:
Naqser wrote:
Hope?
It's being realistic.
Your wrong
there is also a other game that has a split comunnety and thats the cod communety.
and there are all split since black ops 4 and then its not on about 1 topic like with halo no the cod communety has been split in a lot off topic's.
you have the mini map discussion problem in the last cod from last year.
the bigst split was in black ops 4 series about a lot off things in the battle royal mode.

and if you wane know how the problems have end more it was more like things.
the mini map discussion has the remove the mini map side lost.
and the battle royal mode disscusion has the that needs to be nerft hard side won.
worst then the cod communety that always has a big split on yoink things is there not so far i know.

there are game's that have a bigger split communety then halo it seems.
Hey, I'm just coming up with solutions don't get mad at me. Also, I don't remember saying that the MCC wasn't a collection of games, don't know what you meant there. I mentioned Reach on the MCC because it seemed like something 343 would never do, but it is here. You said that 343 wouldn't make two different games(of course they wouldn't it is the same game) with different mechanics but, that sounds more realistic than Reach on MCC ever did.
So, is it a solution worth mentioning if you basically know it's a zero percent chance it's going to happen?

ODST got added rather quickly to the MCC, which increased Reach's odds for implementation somewhat.
While it sure required work, making two different games in one I'd argue is more work.
How does adding a game to a collection sound less realistic than, to my knowledge something that hasn't been done ever before.

Spikanor wrote:
Your wrong
Unfortunately for you, no I'm not
And, before you go on about repeating what you just said, which I cut out because you didn't understand what's being discussed prior to you jumping in.

Name a single higher profile ( no shovelware, 1 month project, or similar ) game, which has released with two different modes, both using the same assets, but featuring different mechanics and features.
Naqser wrote:
Unfortunately for you, no I'm not
And, before you go on about repeating what you just said, which I cut out because you didn't understand what's being discussed prior to you jumping in.

Name a single higher profile ( no shovelware, 1 month project, or similar ) game, which has released with two different modes, both using the same assets, but featuring different mechanics and features.
there is no singel game that is doing it since there not gone wast money on making 2 off the same game's but there use diffrend mechanics in each game.
since its wasting money more.
there will also be no game that is doing it.

why cant you not see that sprint has open a lot off doors in the halo series that campaign missions can become longer more then it was back then.
halo CE second mission has showing more that long campaign missions without sprint are boring in a place like that.
same go's for the matchmakning maps.
it has open the door more to make then what larger.
and sure add more man cannons then but there is with man cannons 1 big problem what you not have with sprint.
when you use man cannons you cant evade the enemy shots since you fly more and cant do notting against it to evade the enemy shots.
with sprint you have the option still to evade it.
and its true not all maps are make for sprint in halo 5 matchmaking but there are still some playlist's like infection and grif ball where sprint still can be use.
and on large maps like warzone or warzone firefight is sprint good usefull.
you not have to use allways sprint in most case's but on lot off playlist's its good usefull to have it and use it.
Spikanor wrote:
there is no singel game that is doing it
Splendid.

Spikanor wrote:
why cant you not see that sprint has open a lot off doors in the halo series that campaign missions can become longer more then it was back then.
halo CE second mission has showing more that long campaign missions without sprint are boring in a place like that.
I'm pretty sure you'd have the same "boring long trek" speech if CE had included sprint, but the long areas were 30-50% longer.

Spikanor wrote:
same go's for the matchmakning maps.
it has open the door more to make then what larger.
Halo CE featured large maps despite a lack of sprint, so did Halo 2 and Halo 3.

Spikanor wrote:
and sure add more man cannons then but there is with man cannons 1 big problem what you not have with sprint.
when you use man cannons you cant evade the enemy shots since you fly more and cant do notting against it to evade the enemy shots.
with sprint you have the option still to evade it.
Which is as I recall, the precise point of man cannons as they were implemented in Halo 3.
More danger to very swift map traversal at certain points, as opposed to teleporters which, while dangerous, required more direct control.
If maps are larger, which you happily pointed out "are made a possability with sprint", you're not really going to get any less time with sprint evading enemy fire, now are you?

Spikanor wrote:
and its true not all maps are make for sprint in halo 5 matchmaking but there are still some playlist's like infection and grif ball where sprint still can be use.
Niche playlists of no concern to the overall gameplay design of the game.
Or are you suggesting that game modes like Juggernaught, Oddball or King of the Hill should have should have a major deciding role in how the overall gameplay function?
Those two game modes play perfectly fine without sprint.

Spikanor wrote:
and on large maps like warzone or warzone firefight is sprint good usefull.
you not have to use allways sprint in most case's but on lot off playlist's its good usefull to have it and use it.
Here's a question, why would they design maps, or playlists, where Sprint doesn't function well? And has no use? If they have sprint in the game? Intentionally?
I'm going to go ahead and guess that your answer is "No they wouldn't intentionally design anything in which sprint isn't useful".
So what makes you think that if a game lacks Sprint, that they'd make playlists and maps bad, because you lack sprint in the game?
The entirety of Halo 4, the entirety of Halo 5, would function perfectly fine without sprint as maps, mission, playlists etc would be designed around non-sprint gameplay. Under the assumption that they unintentionally didn't do a bad job at it.
Naqser wrote:
So, is it a solution worth mentioning if you basically know it's a zero percent chance it's going to happen?

ODST got added rather quickly to the MCC, which increased Reach's odds for implementation somewhat.
While it sure required work, making two different games in one I'd argue is more work.
How does adding a game to a collection sound less realistic than, to my knowledge something that hasn't been done ever before.

Spikanor wrote:
I believe this solution is the best out there. Once again, no one said it was a zero percent chance, in fact I do believe I said it had a higher chance than Reach on MCC. " that sounds more realistic than Reach on MCC ever did." In fact I quoted it in this post just in case you miss it again. Adding Reach(a game not specifically about the Chief) to the MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION(put that in bold just in case you missed it) didn't seem realistic. Yes, ODST was added but it had no multiplayer which made it easier and people really liked it. Reach is completely different than ODST. The modern and classic playstyles aren't hard to separate in one game, I don't know where you are getting these two different game in one ideas from. If you have played Halo 5 customs, you know you can simply turn off sprint, thrusters, etc.. So, 343 makes the game, then turns off whatever the community wants and makes two different menus.
Naqser wrote:

Spikanor wrote:
If you have played Halo 5 customs, you know you can simply turn off sprint, thrusters, etc.. So, 343 makes the game, then turns off whatever the community wants and makes two different menus.
That doesnt change the mechanics of the game, however. Hitscan weapons are still tuned to hit players moving faster than their normal speed. Maps that exist are designed around having the full arsenal of abilities in them. There are jumps in Halo 5's regular maps you cannot make without clamber. You can argue "Well, they'll just design maps where that isn't the case!" But that's a lot of added effort to design new maps just for the classic gamemode.

If you then argue and say "Increase BMS and jump height," then we're back to the logical conclusion of doing that around the board and cutting out the middleman entirely.
Delta5931 wrote:
Naqser wrote:

Spikanor wrote:
If you have played Halo 5 customs, you know you can simply turn off sprint, thrusters, etc.. So, 343 makes the game, then turns off whatever the community wants and makes two different menus.
That doesnt change the mechanics of the game, however. Hitscan weapons are still tuned to hit players moving faster than their normal speed. Maps that exist are designed around having the full arsenal of abilities in them. There are jumps in Halo 5's regular maps you cannot make without clamber. You can argue "Well, they'll just design maps where that isn't the case!" But that's a lot of added effort to design new maps just for the classic gamemode.

If you then argue and say "Increase BMS and jump height," then we're back to the logical conclusion of doing that around the board and cutting out the middleman entirely.
Halo 5 did the same thing with Mythic, Halo CE throwback, and Halo 3 throwback. I doubt hitscan will be a problem. Yes, I was going to say increase BMS and jump height. It's just like Halo 5 customs you can do it easily.
Naqser wrote:
I'm pretty sure you'd have the same "boring long trek" speech if CE had included sprint, but the long areas were 30-50% longer.
who tells there need to become boring when there are long.
sure the halo CE second mission is boring thats something we all agree on.
but that has chance in the halo 4 campaing missions that there are also long but not boring thats something diffrend.
i not tell it most be the same as halo CE second mission then the campaigns are more boring then.

Naqser wrote:
Halo CE featured large maps despite a lack of sprint, so did Halo 2 and Halo 3.
from halo CE i not know if there are maps that are good to be use for sprint since since i never have play multiplayer that time and since there are not on the mcc i cant tell anything about it.
halo 2 the same thing as for halo CE but there are only Halo 2 anniversary maps in the mcc and from that point.
there are some maps in the halo 2 Anniversary that sprint is good to use for.
the halo 3 maps where i have start playing more the game from are more the large maps like: Sandtrap,Last Resort, Valhalla,Rat's Nest,Standoff,Avalanche,Orbital,Sandbox and longshore are more the maps i see where sprint are good for to have.
that are more the 4-12 and the 6-16 maps where sprint good for is.
for the 2-6 maps and the 2-8 maps is sprint not a good thing since its a small map and there for is sprint more useless.

for small maps that are for 8 max off players more is sprint not a good thing to have.
but for the 12 and the 16 max off players maps is sprint good to have since its a large map and sprint is good there.

Naqser wrote:
Or are you suggesting that game modes like Juggernaught, Oddball or King of the Hill should have should have a major deciding role in how the overall gameplay function?
Those two game modes play perfectly fine without sprint.
is true but that are more game modes that are more playable in the Team Slayer playlist where its more 4 vs 4 then is not having sprint better.

the best way to find a good solution for it all is easy on that type game mode's where sprint is no use for are more the 4 vs 4 game type's like you see more in the Team Slayer playlist.
same go's for playlist's like SWAT where sprint is no usefull are better without sprint.
and how to fix it that game type's and playlist's like that have no sprint and that other game type's like grifball,infection and BTB not infulse have from it is that game type's like Team Slayer and Swat join in 1 playlist like the Ranked playlist that all game type's and playlist in the Ranked playlist have no sprint and that the social playlist like BTB infection and Griffbal have the sprint option.

for the campaign i still think sprint is good for that you can make a longer campaign story that you can tell the story more in 1 parts then you have in halo 3.
that you can tell a good story more and better one also.
same go's for WARZONE in halo 5 and also for WARZONE FIREFIGHT in halo 5 where sprint is good for since you play on large maps and sprint a good thing there for is.

and in halo reach firefight nobody took the sprint option since it was useless more there since the best way to get more points is with jetpeck there and in some case's you need notting for it since the map was small for any off the mechanice's you can choose out.
same go's for halo 5 matchmaking maps as for the halo 3 halo 4 and halo reach maps.
In the lore Spartans could run very fast right. Chief was clocked at 40 miles a hour once so why in game should we be limited to walking. Cool you can run very fast but hay you dont get becouse. I get that it is hard to say 30 mph in a game but still the ability to move faster than a walk would be nice
In the lore Spartans could run very fast right. Chief was clocked at 40 miles a hour once so why in game should we be limited to walking. Cool you can run very fast but hay you dont get becouse. I get that it is hard to say 30 mph in a game but still the ability to move faster than a walk would be nice
Who said you were walking?

Who said you need Sprint to be fast?
Delta5931 wrote:
Naqser wrote:

Spikanor wrote:

Halo 5 did the same thing with Mythic, Halo CE throwback, and Halo 3 throwback. I doubt hitscan will be a problem. Yes, I was going to say increase BMS and jump height. It's just like Halo 5 customs you can do it easily.
Yeah... And it still uses Halo 5 mechanics for gunplay that weren't in Halo 3 or those other ones. You can call it "Throwback," but that isn't like playing Halo 3 or the others in anything except for the name. If we increase BMS and jump height, why waste time with another mode that does exactly the same things but under a different name? For the appeasement of the Sprint fans?
Also,
Quote:
I doubt hitscan will be a problem
This would like a word with you. Yes, I know that Bullet Magnetism and hitscan aren't the same things, but the logic still applies. There are issues when you tune the game for players running at certain speeds and then take away those speeds.
I prefer the Sprint about Halo Infinite
I believe this solution is the best out there. Once again, no one said it was a zero percent chance, in fact I do believe I said it had a higher chance than Reach on MCC. " that sounds more realistic than Reach on MCC ever did." In fact I quoted it in this post just in case you miss it again. Adding Reach(a game not specifically about the Chief) to the MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION(put that in bold just in case you missed it) didn't seem realistic. Yes, ODST was added but it had no multiplayer which made it easier and people really liked it. Reach is completely different than ODST. The modern and classic playstyles aren't hard to separate in one game, I don't know where you are getting these two different game in one ideas from. If you have played Halo 5 customs, you know you can simply turn off sprint, thrusters, etc.. So, 343 makes the game, then turns off whatever the community wants and makes two different menus.
I'm perfectly aware what MCC stands for. Any choice not to include a game post-launch is made, aside from cost, as an ideological one.
But apparently it's ok for some instances, but not others, as long as it in this case support your narrative.

Really? You don't know where I get the two different game in one ideas from?

Naqser wrote:
Classic vs Modern settings does not work because it implies no new stuff is added outside of non-player assets, to the Classic settings.
Just because I dislike sprint doesn't mean I autmatically dislike thrusters. Just because I'm not fond of Clamber doesn't mean I'm against the idea of wall-jumping.
So no, it would not "keep all sides happy".

And that's ignoring split development resources ( modern is going to suffer from this as well), disproportionate support post-launch, the most-likely feeling of "watered down", and the population issues which highly likely comes along.
"Classic" Halo isn't going to progress on its own path if all it's ever going to be, is a dead-end short side-track along the Modern path. I.e, it's not going to be its own game designed around its own mechanics made to complement / perfect the classic gameplay, if all that's ever done with it is take the Modern version and remove some mechanics from that. That Classic can grow on its own, without being tethered to Modern.
If flicking a few switches and creating two separate game instances in a single game was as easy as you make it out to be, we would have seen it already elsewhere.

Your "best solution", is you getting what you want, and no-sprinters getting what you think they/we want.

Spikanor wrote:
who tells there need to become boring when there are long.
sure the halo CE second mission is boring thats something we all agree on.
but that has chance in the halo 4 campaing missions that there are also long but not boring thats something diffrend.
i not tell it most be the same as halo CE second mission then the campaigns are more boring then.
Let me make it simple:
You say second mission of Halo CE is boring, it needs sprint.
I say you'd still say the second mission of Halo CE is boring if it had sprint and the areas were bigger.
There's even a big chance you'd find the second mission boring even if Halo CE had sprint, and the areas were the same size.
I can't fathom how you thought anyone has implied anything needs to be boring.

Sprint does not change anything. If you're going to be running for 30 seconds, you're not doing anything different if you have sprint in the game or not. You're watching walls go by, nothing else.

Spikanor wrote:
from halo CE i not know if there are maps that are good to be use for sprint since since i never have play multiplayer that time and since there are not on the mcc i cant tell anything about it.
halo 2 the same thing as for halo CE but there are only Halo 2 anniversary maps in the mcc and from that point.
there are some maps in the halo 2 Anniversary that sprint is good to use for.
the halo 3 maps where i have start playing more the game from are more the large maps like: Sandtrap,Last Resort, Valhalla,Rat's Nest,Standoff,Avalanche,Orbital,Sandbox and longshore are more the maps i see where sprint are good for to have.
that are more the 4-12 and the 6-16 maps where sprint good for is.
for the 2-6 maps and the 2-8 maps is sprint not a good thing since its a small map and there for is sprint more useless.
for small maps that are for 8 max off players more is sprint not a good thing to have.
but for the 12 and the 16 max off players maps is sprint good to have since its a large map and sprint is good there.
For default gameplay you generally do not change aorund the basic gameplay based on how many players are present.
Halo CE - 3 functioned perfectly well with 2-16 players using default gameplay.
Starting to change up default gameplay between playlists based on player count just start segregation and risk player confusion.
Large maps function perfectly fine without sprint.

Spikanor wrote:
is true but that are more game modes that are more playable in the Team Slayer playlist where its more 4 vs 4 then is not having sprint better.
See above.

Spikanor wrote:
the best way to find a good solution for it all is easy on that type game mode's where sprint is no use for are more the 4 vs 4 game type's like you see more in the Team Slayer playlist.
same go's for playlist's like SWAT where sprint is no usefull are better without sprint.
and how to fix it that game type's and playlist's like that have no sprint and that other game type's like grifball,infection and BTB not infulse have from it is that game type's like Team Slayer and Swat join in 1 playlist like the Ranked playlist that all game type's and playlist in the Ranked playlist have no sprint and that the social playlist like BTB infection and Griffbal have the sprint option.
Mixing this much will just either make players feel confused and start sticking to specific playlists, or they'll just jump ship altogether.

Spikanor wrote:
for the campaign i still think sprint is good for that you can make a longer campaign story that you can tell the story more in 1 parts then you have in halo 3.
No, seriously, sprint does not make a longer story to tell.

Spikanor wrote:
that you can tell a good story more and better one also.
Sprint makes a better story? The argument behind these two Story aspects of sprint, I need to hear them. Please elaborate.

Spikanor wrote:
same go's for WARZONE in halo 5 and also for WARZONE FIREFIGHT in halo 5 where sprint is good for since you play on large maps and sprint a good thing there for is.
So?
Design Warzone to not "need sprint", and everything is fine and dandy.
Sprint not needed at all.

Spikanor wrote:
and in halo reach firefight nobody took the sprint option since it was useless more there since the best way to get more points is with jetpeck there and in some case's you need notting for it since the map was small for any off the mechanice's you can choose out.
same go's for halo 5 matchmaking maps as for the halo 3 halo 4 and halo reach maps.
Sounds like we don't need sprint at all then.
from my opinion on this thread is it more that this thread can be closed more.
since that there have been done so manny suggestions about how to fix this problem that not one suggestion is become better off it.
at some point its becoming useless more to keep this discussion open.
if players not like something in a game then not buy that game then and the same go's for halo if there add sprint and you hate sprint then not buy the game then.
same go's if it has no sprint and you hate it then not buy the game also.

for me its easy.
if the next halo game has no sprint then i not gone buy the game since i not gone buy a game i not like about and i not care about it also.

and this is also my own opinion what i really think about this thread.
this is not more a discussion any more that part is all long gone in my eye's the only thing i see are things that never will chance and that we all know on this forum what is best for this game what is not true.
nobody knows what is good for the halo serie any more the only thing i see is what we all think is good and keep disagree with things we not like to see in the game's.

nobody knows if bungie not have add sprint in halo reach how it has end then nobody knows that.
maybe the halo series has die or have become better that are things we never gone know.
and since the next halo is halo 6 and halo 4 has reach game off the year since halo 3 for the last time i see not why sprint is bad since halo 4 was game off the year.
and who knows that if bungie was still developing halo game's that sprint was still staying in the halo series like we have now that a developer company like bungie or 343 has maybe notting to tell about things like that somebody from microsoft make's the call since its there game.
and if there wane see sprint in there shooter game's then the developers have to listing to it.
and thats with all game's you have if titel owners wane see in some game's then developers have no choose to add it since its not there call to do it.

and off topic:
we all tell that sprint is more stole from cod but what the most communety members not know is that back in halo 3 ODST that firefight also was stole from COD World At War Zombie's mode.
and firefight has become hot in the halo series will it was also stole from the cod series back then by bungie.
Spikanor wrote:
for me its easy.if the next halo game has no sprint then i not gone buy the game since i not gone buy a game i not like about and i not care about it also.
You're one of very few people that will base an entire purchasing decision off of one mechanic, while simultaneously misrepresenting the mechanic's purpose and not being open to any compromise about it.

On top of that, you blatantly ignore questions for clarification of your wild claims when its presented to you.
Spikanor wrote:
for me its easy.if the next halo game has no sprint then i not gone buy the game since i not gone buy a game i not like about and i not care about it also.
You're one of very few people that will base an entire purchasing decision off of one mechanic, while simultaneously misrepresenting the mechanic's purpose and not being open to any compromise about it.

On top of that, you blatantly ignore questions for clarification of your wild claims when its presented to you.
first off all when i buy a new game i first wane know if it has things i like about it.
for exemple for race game's i look if it has a open world or not, i also look if you can get cops on your tail will playing the game also in free mode, and how the online system is working like if you can run race's with other players then only by your own.

for halo game's is sure sprint one off the things i care about if it has or not but there are also lot off other things i care about what the halo game most have before i gone buy it.
if it has a good dlc system where dlc owners can play on then, has it a good infection game type playlist, has it a good big war map as second option to play like WARZONE.
same go's for other shooter game's if the developing company from that game only is listing to streamers and not to the full communety members on forums like this there also use to post the news on then its no point to buy that game from that company more since there only care about the popularie people that spreak not for the communety and destroy the game only more.

do you really think i gone replay on questions where people ask me why doom or Counter Strike are doing great since there have no sprint on that type questions i not gone replay more since i not care about that type game's no.
then why you not come also with suggestions about how to deal with the sprint problem since i not seeing that from a lot off people on this thread that there only can tell its wrong and not come with better idea's how to fix it then.
the only suggestions i keep seeing are still the same that there most remove sprint from the full game but we all know thats not gone fix the problem.
thats more choosing for you own side and not care about the other side.

at some point i gone ignore questions from some communety members since its no use to keep in discusion with then since there keep coming with the same thing always

but you also not has answer my question i have ask on the same post.
that since most communety members see sprint in halo that its more becoming a cod game that what about the firefight mode we all like to have in the halo series that was also stolen from cod since halo 3 ODST and halo reach firefight system was copy from COD World At War zombie's mode.
thats what all the reviews are telling more about the halo 3 ODST and Halo reach Firefight system that it was copy from cod world at war Zombie's mode more.
and then is copying from cod is a good thing will sprint is copy from cod also most on this thread have told then is firefight also wrong then.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 831
  4. 832
  5. 833
  6. 834
  7. 835
  8. ...
  9. 838