The story behind your current armor set

OP lickmyb4c0n

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
Anyone have a particular reason for their current armor set right now? I have somewhat of a fascination with the "Dying Star" Light Rifle...

I think it's pretty rad. The name, the colors, the way it functions... it's cool... so my current armor has taken some inspiration from that.
I used to wear technician armor because I consider myself some what a technician. But now I am wearing this armor because I like the way it looks.
Nightfall Armor with a Helljumper Helmet is about as close to an ODST set as I can get.
Halo collection on legendary nuff said
I opened a gold pack. Black and red looks cool.
Well my classic colour scheme of black and gold had to change because lets face it, it looks nothing like halo 3-reach gold. So I just went with black and red.

My helmet is the wrath helmet because I am a "little" bit of a reach fan and the helmet is just awesome with the saturine visor (closest to a gold visor). I wear Achilles because I like the look of it in general.
I change up my armor constantly, but a fun thing I like to do is match the visor with the armor in a way that the flavor text makes sense. For example with Dynast armor, it's supposed to be resilient and the helmet is "fantastically durable" which means obviously the best choice is the Unbreakable visor. Then I'll match the armor colors to the visor I picked.

That's my basic process for whatever I wear, and it's kind of fun. Because I'm bored, I'll list some other examples of combinations that I wear sometimes, that I think make sense based on flavor text:

Shinobi armor+Dianthus visor, because apparently the UNSC just found them
Helioskrill armor+Clockwork visor, because they're works of art
Cinder armor+Ichor visor, because Cinder armor is all about incinerating biohazards, apparently
Recruit armor+Aureus visor, because they're both for new Spartans
Mark IV gen1 armor+Primeval visor, because it's old stuff

C75Z wrote:
I opened a gold pack. Black and red looks cool.
This is probably 99% of people
I just like looking like chief.
I'm a Buck fanboy...
DI3Beezy wrote:
Nightfall Armor with a Helljumper Helmet is about as close to an ODST set as I can get.
I just go full nightfall. Feet first to hell tho fellow odst. Also I sometimes swap out for vigilant armor and wrath helmet because reach and I like packs 🙃
I always liked the Helioskrill helmet and um....I dunno about the armor set...trial and error?
It's as close as I can get to Reach armour, that's the only reason I need.
Beating all games on legendary solo-evey Halo game: Helioskrill Body

remember reach: Decimater Helm (noble6)

w/ blue visor and dark blue body
Anything from the Mark V, VI and Mark IV series nonething else.
Anything from the Mark V, VI and Mark IV series nonething else.
Best logic there is! :)
I love the bulkier, heavier looking armors. Wrath was literally the last full armor unlock for me, & when Anvil's Legacy dropped, Wrath Anhur was the first. Being a loving fan of Halo: Reach, I wear it, & I remember Reach.
My current armour is meant to be a replica of one of the characters from Star Wars: Republic Commando. It isn't exact but some of the paint is in the right place.

The actual armour

My replica of that armour

If 343 would add a armour skin editor, I'd be able to make an almost an exact replica.

Spoiler:
Show
I change my armor a lot but my armor rn is supposed to show that my Spartan is on the hunt for something. He wants vengeance. There is death in his eyes or... Visr... Does locus even have a Visr?
My armor is based off of the fact I've been fighting in halo games since H3, so I make it rustic. With Recon, of course ;)
I change my armor a lot but my armor rn is supposed to show that my Spartan is on the hunt for something. He wants vengeance. There is death in his eyes or... Visr... Does locus even have a Visr?
Locus does not have a visor. there are helmets like locus that have visors, but are referred to as ''headshot magnets".
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8