Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

The story behind your current armor set

OP lickmyb4c0n

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. ...
  7. 8
Anything from the Mark V, VI and Mark IV series nonething else.
If I had any of those besides the one from halo 2 ID wear them!
Well, my armor's Freebooter and Air Assault. I just tend to like sleek, form fitting armor with the tad of familiarity in the form of AA, which looks like a hybrid of many older helmets and their styles. The former point is a like due to my background in aviation, and how I tend to look at armor as if it's an F-22 on legs. Gotta be sleek and aerodynamic. However, now I (jokingly) feel basically obligated to stick with it due to commission I got of said Spartan and her armor. XP
Well, my girl bought a Halo Mega Bloks Delta Series Blind Pack for me on my birthday, and when I opened it it contained a Black Armored Storm Covenant Elite and a Translucent Red Protector Spartan (looks like Gummie Bears). When she told me what happened when she bought it, she said she actually picked another bag, but since she walked through the whole store with it, she thought that she might have broken it, so she switched it for a new bag (which is the one she gave me). Since I was overjoyed by that, I changed my Achiles Armor (don't have the helmet yet) and my Mark IV Arcadia helmet to the Challenger armor and helmet (it's the same as Protector), given away during HWS. Used red for primary color since the toy is Gummie Bear red, and white as secondary just because it looks "toy-ish" and awesome on the spartan's hands. Btw, I watched HWS in her house, so I got both, the armor in game and the Mega Bloks toy thanks to her.
That is SO. ADORABLE. Plus halo megabloks are so cute c:

As for my armor, I wear Intruder Tresspasser and Mark V, since it's the closest I can get to the armors I've worn since Halo 3. I love the classical Mark V, and consider the Reach Mark V body to be my favorite, while the halo 3 version of the helm is my fav helm. Combined, they look pretty close to Intruder with Mark V alpha :P
i love fotus armor because it looks like you could stab people with the horn
343 needs to make an assassination with this armor
It just looks cool and it matches my weapon skins.
I have yet to attain a new armour set, ha! Though, I have to say, I find it rather slimming...
heywassupp wrote:
i love fotus armor because it looks like you could stab people with the horn
343 needs to make an assassination with this armor
I would pay good money to see that.
I might be in the minority here but I like how Achiles looks. Before that I was rocking the Noble body till our company unlocked it. I got the Challenger helm from watching the HCS finals. It just looks so much better than Protector. Whenever my company finishes the helm I'll switch to it.
I wear Security armor, it looks big and bulky and I like that, makes my Spartan more intimidating. I wear the recruit marked helmet because I like how it looks and it's short. Makes my shoulder plates look bigger. Lol I like cqc, fists, shotguns, and automatics.
Helioskrill helmet for the work put into earning it on MCC(shudders at the the thought of Jackles) and Achilles armor for the work put into Company commendations. Once I get the helmet I plan on switching to Helioskrill armor and Achilles Helmet. Red and white is based on my name fire (red) crakcer (white), and kinda just stick with it since the Halo 3 days.
I like Deadeye so I wear it.
Which helmets do you think draw the most headshots? This would be a curious study.
EVA: Extremely Visible Apparatus

Orange and black Defender Castle armor, because I can't get over how much I love this helmet. My friends always say it looks stupid, but there's just something about it. Also, orange and black because this variant has white bits on it, so my color matches the Last Dawn weapon skins.
So how do you feel about the Defender helmet's "face visor"?
That's my favourite part about it :D
Pingumumbo wrote:
I like my armour, my armour is cool, bye.
How do you see though?
I have everything and it's hard for me to like a lot of the armors. The only ones I really like are the ones Blue Team and Osiris wear, but it's hard to find a color combo that works with Vale's Armor.

So for now I'm going with Athlon. Just the base armor. Red and white, Frost Visor.

90% of the armor in this game is absolutely hideous and it's hard for me to mix them, so I just wear full sets.
I've had the game a week and even though I only open gold packs all I've managed to get is the tracker helmet and two chest pieces. That's my story.
Phaaze wrote:
I have everything and it's hard for me to like a lot of the armors. The only ones I really like are the ones Blue Team and Osiris wear, but it's hard to find a color combo that works with Vale's Armor.

So for now I'm going with Athlon. Just the base armor. Red and white, Frost Visor.

90% of the armor in this game is absolutely hideous and it's hard for me to mix them, so I just wear full sets.
I've noticed the armors aren't really designed to mix. (except a certain few, like nightfall or any of the older armors)
Currently I'm rocking Freebooter with Wrath armor, so I guess you could say its from two points of inspiration;
The helmet is about as close to Semi-Powered Infiltration armor as you can get, and the armor is as close to what my Spartan wore when he was deployed on Reach. Wearing it is a living memorial to those Spartan-IIIs who fell both on their suicide missions for the UNSC and on Reach itself.
The blade on the shoulder is his Pacifican Honor Blade as well, since Pacifican martial law mandates it always be visible and ready for instant use.
0
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Odst because none of the armor I have looks cool
Luke Del wrote:
I've had the game a week and even though I only open gold packs all I've managed to get is the tracker helmet and two chest pieces. That's my story.
I recommend not doing this. By skipping straight to gold packs you're spending twice the amount of REQ points and still only getting mostly commons/uncommons. Sure you may get the occasional Very Rare from them but you're drastically increasing the amount of time it's taking you to fully unlock everything / move up to primarily getting ultra rares and legendaries. Also a lot of the common/uncommon armors are actually really nice looking. EVA and Aviator are a good example in my opinion. Your REQ points, your choice, though.

Back on topic: I usually use Mark IV Helmet with anything. It fits most armors. Sometimes I use it with the Mark 5 Alpha Body and color it Olive Green and pretend I'm from Combat Evolved haha
TizzieB wrote:
Luke Del wrote:
I've had the game a week and even though I only open gold packs all I've managed to get is the tracker helmet and two chest pieces. That's my story.
I recommend not doing this. By skipping straight to gold packs you're spending twice the amount of REQ points and still only getting mostly commons/uncommons. Sure you may get the occasional Very Rare from them but you're drastically increasing the amount of time it's taking you to fully unlock everything / move up to primarily getting ultra rares and legendaries. Also a lot of the common/uncommon armors are actually really nice looking. EVA and Aviator are a good example in my opinion. Your REQ points, your choice, though.

Back on topic: I usually use Mark IV Helmet with anything. It fits most armors. Sometimes I use it with the Mark 5 Alpha Body and color it Olive Green and pretend I'm from Combat Evolved haha
Fair enough, cheers for the tip! I'll try some silver packs until I get some decent armour. I did wonder if I was req'ing wrong aha.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. ...
  7. 8