so I haven't used it in a while so maybe the problems might have been fixed but why was the theater mode in Halo 5 so bad, when I watched old games I had search to find myself because it started me off viewing an enemy spartan and once I found mine if I died I think it switched to a new spartan so id have to remind myself again and there seemed to be lag in the replay that wasn't there in game. in swat replays, it showed me or other players shooting next to someone's head but the crosshairs weren't on the person but it still killed them. I have no doubt in the game it was a good shot and actually hit but in the replay the crosshair is off maybe it was just laggy for me or maybe the whole thing was just broken, its been a while since I used theater mode so I was wondering if the problems were fixed or if anyone else even experienced these problems at all or if it was just my connection or something.
I don't think they ever fixed theater. It's a good question why they even bothered to put it in the game. It's best to use the Xbox record that feature than to rely on theater.
LethalQ wrote:
I don't think they ever fixed theater. It's a good question why they even bothered to put it in the game. It's best to use the Xbox record that feature than to rely on theater.
Sure, if your intention is to save a cool clip or something the Xbone record feature is going to be better, but theater has usefulness FAR beyond that. For instance, if I'm chasing a player that's one-shot and he pulls a Houdini I might want to go look at how he managed to get away in theater.. Can't do this with record that. I might want to learn the spawns on a particular map and using theater with the player outline feature is the most efficient way to go about doing this.. Can't do this with record that. I might want to improve my gameplay by going on the leaderboards and bookmarking some games from top-tier players so that I can analyze and learn from it in theater... Absolutely can't do this with record that. Lol

I could go on and on about the usefulness of even a somewhat broken theater mode, but I think the points I've made justify them adding it anyways.
Lynx alt wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Sure, if your intention is to save a cool clip or something the Xbone record feature is going to be better, but theater has usefulness FAR beyond that. For instance, if I'm chasing a player that's one-shot and he pulls a Houdini I might want to go look at how he managed to get away in theater.. Can't do this with record that. I might want to learn the spawns on a particular map and using theater with the player outline feature is the most efficient way to go about doing this.. Can't do this with record that. I might want to improve my gameplay by going on the leaderboards and bookmarking some games from top-tier players so that I can analyze and learn from it in theater... Absolutely can't do this with record that. Lol

I could go on and on about the usefulness of even a somewhat broken theater mode, but I think the points I've made justify them adding it anyways.
And you can still do those things in the theater we have, it's not like the theater we have doesn't work at all, there are just some bugs around.