Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] The truth about farmers.

OP STi1l WR3CKED

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 11
LUKEPOWA wrote:
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL SKILL?
It does take skill although it's very minimal. If you have basic communication, coordination, and average to even below average gun skill, you could potentially farm a team. The terribly designed home base areas can make it easy for a team to hold power positions and having powerful REQ's will obviously just make it that much easier to do.
"It does take skill"

Holding down a few positions near the enemies spawn and holding down the right trigger with the answer takes NO SKILL at all. Just stop defending farming. Unless you're admitting to using it as a crutch, you shouldn't be defending it. Plain and simple.
good people don't do bad things. Good players don't need to artificially boost their stats or take advantage of broken mechanics to play the game.
by that reason there is no such thing as a good person, everyone has done something bad before
LUKEPOWA wrote:
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL SKILL?
It does take skill although it's very minimal. If you have basic communication, coordination, and average to even below average gun skill, you could potentially farm a team. The terribly designed home base areas can make it easy for a team to hold power positions and having powerful REQ's will obviously just make it that much easier to do.
"It does take skill"

Holding down a few positions near the enemies spawn and holding down the right trigger with the answer takes NO SKILL at all. Just stop defending farming. Unless you're admitting to using it as a crutch, you shouldn't be defending it. Plain and simple.
Not defending farming but it absolutely takes skill. How did they get all 3 bases capped to start with? How did they get to a higher req level than you at the beginning of the game? The farmers were better than the opponent or else they wouldn't have had a chance to farm. There are strategies to farm or core, but the strategies are worthless if you are losing the 1v1's. I've played solo with good randoms and beat bad teams. In the end the communication advantage only goes so far, bad players can't farm.
good people don't do bad things. Good players don't need to artificially boost their stats or take advantage of broken mechanics to play the game.
by that reason there is no such thing as a good person, everyone has done something bad before
Not consistently. People makes mistakes, it is true, but continuing to do something bad means you are a bad person. I.E. As a child you might steal candy from a store, but if you continue to do the behavior once you've become an adult then yeah, you're a bad person. If you intentionally and willingly do something that is wrong, guess which category you fall in? You can't accidently farm, any more than you can accidently commit pre-meditated murder.
good people don't do bad things. Good players don't need to artificially boost their stats or take advantage of broken mechanics to play the game.
by that reason there is no such thing as a good person, everyone has done something bad before
Not consistently. People makes mistakes, its true, but continuing to do something bad means you are a bad person. I.E. As a child you might steal candy from a store, but if you continue to due the behavior once you've become an adult then yeah, you're a bad person. If you intentionally and willingly do something that is wrong, guess which category you fall in? You can't accidently farm, any more than you can accidently commit pre-meditated murder.
ok i see your point now, sorry about the misunderstanding- there's my mistake for the day :(
Holding down a few positions near the enemies spawn and holding down the right trigger with the answer takes NO SKILL at all. Just stop defending farming. Unless you're admitting to using it as a crutch, you shouldn't be defending it. Plain and simple.
I'm not defending the act of farming, but I won't say that it takes no skill either. Obviously, any thumbless wonder with an Answer will turn into a temporary god and it's not skillful compared to shooting a magnum for example. It does take a basic skill though to coordinate where to go, take over the bases in the beginning of the game with lower tiered weapons, and then finally coordinate where to go to hold positions at the enemies home base with eventual more powerful REQ weapons and vehicles.

It seems like you're more referring to the end product of farming while my point is more referring to the entire process leading up to that.
good people don't do bad things.
Well its not a bad thing, its annoying but it isn't bad.
Quote:
Good players don't need to artificial boost their stats or take advantage of broken mechanics to play the game.
Well maybe they aren't boosting their stats but they just want to have fun, and have a different version of fun than others. Also, the mechanics aren't broken, it is within the rules of the game mode to solely go for kills and win that way, just like you can win by bosses and cores. It literally says it on the page as you load in warzone.
So they can have fun but the other players can't I call -Yoink-
LUKEPOWA wrote:
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL SKILL?
It does take skill although it's very minimal. If you have basic communication, coordination, and average to even below average gun skill, you could potentially farm a team. The terribly designed home base areas can make it easy for a team to hold power positions and having powerful REQ's will obviously just make it that much easier to do.
"It does take skill"

Holding down a few positions near the enemies spawn and holding down the right trigger with the answer takes NO SKILL at all. Just stop defending farming. Unless you're admitting to using it as a crutch, you shouldn't be defending it. Plain and simple.
Not defending farming but it absolutely takes skill. How did they get all 3 bases capped to start with? How did they get to a higher req level than you at the beginning of the game? The farmers were better than the opponent or else they wouldn't have had a chance to farm. There are strategies to farm or core, but the strategies are worthless if you are losing the 1v1's. I've played solo with good randoms and beat bad teams. In the end the communication advantage only goes so far, bad players can't farm.
Number 1 put players of equal skill with each other 2 parties go against parties and randoms go against randoms That's How You Stop Farming
Yes,
good people don't do bad things.
Well its not a bad thing, its annoying but it isn't bad.
Quote:
Good players don't need to artificial boost their stats or take advantage of broken mechanics to play the game.
Well maybe they aren't boosting their stats but they just want to have fun, and have a different version of fun than others. Also, the mechanics aren't broken, it is within the rules of the game mode to solely go for kills and win that way, just like you can win by bosses and cores. It literally says it on the page as you load in warzone.
Let's try a syllogism.
Warzone farming is an example of unsporting conduct.
Unsporting conduct is an example of bad behavior.
Warzone farming is an example of bad behavior.

The mechanics are broken. Teams should not be matched against randoms. The spawning mechanics are downright awful. Regardless of motivation the action itself is unsporting. I've already shut you down on this once, I don't feel the need to rehash this.
I didn't get your first sentence but I'll try to respond. I never said its good, its just not against the rules. Almost if not everything has negative consiquences, even your decision to play warzone despite knowing you could potentially get obliterated, you have the coice to either suck it up and allow people to choose they way they play, or go play arena if you truly want a "fair" experience which warzone wasn't built around providing. The difference in your comparasion would be that a pregnant person would be told not to do it, and that though its not illegal, your risking not only the childs life, but also yours. But warzone on the other hand clearly tells you its alright, and though it may have a few negatives, they are nowhere near the scale of what drinking while pregnant is.

Quote:
That kind of conflation of ethics and laws or rules is something I'd expect from a child. You should attempt to defend the position you took instead of saying, "OOH They haven't stopped me yet, I can rob as many banks as I want."
What? Not only have they not tried to stop people, they haven't said anything on the issue other than a few months ago when they released some sort of numbers on farming, I don't know exactly what it was but getting onto your comparison. Your over exaggerating a small issue with a comparison that barely makes any sense, in the real world you'd at least see something on the issue but no, 343 had said jack for a long time now and has done jack. We can also take into account that sens 343 lowers the player limit they are listening, but don't think its an issue.

What I'm trying to say is that without any action being taken, no matter how small, I'd seem to me that its a nonissue with them. Your real world comparisons sit outside the realm of logic as scenarios like that are more complicated than this one.
Quote:
It's also irrelevant that some randoms farm.
How is it irrelevant? You talk as if fireteams are all at fault and that team matchmaking solves everything when all it does is lower the chances by an extremely small degree.
Quote:
No assault's mechanics aren't the only ones that are broken. Spawning is broken across the board. Arena, WZ, WZFF, and Assault.
I admit that, I used to frequently spawn in solid objects and on cliffs, but other than that I don't know what you mean.
Let me make it clear to you. Your argument is essentially in two parts. A: It isn't against the rules, therefore it isn't bad. That doesn't follow. Whether or not something is prohibited has absolutely nothing to do with whether it is right or wrong. At varying times many completely moral and right things could land you in jail or lead you to be executed. That is not a valid defense of farming.

Completely wrong, I don't know when I over insinuated saying its not bad. So let me put it in simple terms since you continue to make assumptions based off one sentence. What I'm trying to say is, farming is not an exploit, it is not cheating, and as far as the games stated, not against the rules although not intended. I was trying to defend farming when I said your comparison was illogical, I was saying it wasn't right for that specific situation and overly dramatic a comparison.
Quote:
And B: Randoms do it so it must be okay.
Never, and I mean NEVER did I say or even allude to that. Think outside the "no matter what I'm right so I'll say whatever" mindset. I honestly don't know where you got that from, it absolutely makes no sense. If I must explain myself, I added that in because people seem to think up silly reasons for people farming, as well as stereotype them as fireteams or Achilies wearers, or they just group any obliteration by a team as farming.
Quote:
As for you current post. No you cannot say that because 343 hasn't issued a declaration or made changes to WZ and WZA (They did in the latter case) to stop the problem. That doesn't follow either. You can determine someone's position from inaction. It is also irrelevant. What 343 think about farming has no bearing on whether it is unsportsmanlike conduct or not. That is definitional.
First off, everything thats in bold just doesn't fit together, try putting what your responding to in a quote or something cause I honestly don't know what your responding too or trying to say. As for the rest, what they think about farming determines whether or not its within the rules or an exploit/cheating. Which is what I'm arguing about anyway.
Quote:
Yes, I realize that when I click on any playlist I can lose badly. That isn't what farming is. You obviously don't understand the concept if you think that it is. Unnaturally prolonging a losing game either just to be a -Yoink- or to boost your stats is unsporting. As for the idea that it is okay, because I'm aware that I can be farmed? That is the equivalent of telling a woman whose been raped that it's her fault because she wore a skirt and took a shortcut through an alley.
Actually, thats exactly what farming is, losing badly. You get triple caped, and killed til the enemy team either cores or wins, sounds like you lost badly. Unnaturally prolonging a game? Most warzone games between randoms last longer than farming games for the same reason, kills. Most warzone games you play are normally around 20 minutes long if you go solo because both teams would rather slaughter each other than kill bosses or cap bases. Though farming is more one sided and annoying. As for your comparison, you really like to make extreme comparisons don't you? In the game you can leave, you can camp and wait it out at the expense of time, you can fight back which will make time go faster, you can play arena or customs. In that scenario, there is really not escape unless the alley was avoided from the start, and the consequences are much worse.
Yeh that happened to me before and when your trapped it's a bit annoying.
Yeah they do. Yesterday after a good assault game(no farming) a guy invited me and 10 other. Went into warzone and triple capped and blew to core. 2 game, same thing happenbut they decided to not core until they farm kills. ( i heard them say farm ) i took that oni chaingun turret and tore the core down, left the lobby and reported all of them. XD!.
BEFORE THAT I HAD A CONVERSATION WITH THEM. HERE IS WHAT I FOUND OUT ABOUT FARMERS.
These guys are not some pshchotic gamers who enjoy buy hurting other. The dont farm Achilles. They do it because they are good at game. You kniw when you go randoms against organized fireteams of 4 in slayer who are in onyx/ champion.
Tyese are just good player. They do what normal players do, capture bases,kill people. They are good thats why we are not able to defend. So yeah they are not some jerks, but they are just normal guys. Some of them are so friend and nice people to be with. I met one guy, he was farming yet he was a very good person, he didnt use any bad word but instead funny comment or line just like I do. he is very Friendly as well. He is in my favorite friends now.
SO DONT JUDGE PEOPLE BY THE GAME BUT BY THEIR PERSONALITY. YOU CANT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER.
Exceptions. There are some like most of us imagine them. But not all are like that. If 6ou really want to report someone, join their lobby, talk to them in a friendly manner. Be parient, they will give away everything you need for proof without asking a question.
So please DO NOT REPORT GOOD PLAYERS IF YOU CANT FIGHT THEM.
ALSO I AM NOT LIKE THAT. I AM JUST A CASUAL WHO HAPPENS TO BE BETWEEN DIAMOND/ONYX.( droped in rank become of running solo and 300 ms latency in my country )

I hops this helps any of the good player out there( you can thank me if it works)
If you are not like them and reportjust anyone, please stop. You are not being nice but you yourself are becoming a part of the ill side of the community, by runing someones profile. That make you no better than the true bad guys out there.
So please, I beg you to stop.
"They do it because they are good at the game"

BAHAHAHAHA THAT'S A GOOD JOKE!!! BEST JOKE I HEARD ALL DAY!
K now back to being serious:

If they were good at the game, they wouldn't be farming. If they can triple cap without breaking a sweat, destroying the core shouldn't be a problem.
Completely untrue. You have to be at least average in order to farm with good communication skills, position holding capabilities, and accuracy while are all traits of a god player. Just because they are good doesn't mean they wouldn't want to have fun cutting the crops, or lessening the grind for weapon/vehicle commendations. Also, they could destroy the core, but simply, they'd rather farm.
"Completely Untrue, it takes skill to farm"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL SKILL? Please tell me how sitting near the enemies spawn with an answer or (similar explosives) takes skill.

PLEASE tell me how sitting there, waiting for someone to pop their head out with a sniper takes skill.

TELL ME how surrounding the enemy base with vehicles takes skill.

TELL. ME.

Seriously, go ahead. I'll wait.
From your post I can tell your a troll but I'll go ahead and amuse you.

First off, it takes coordination to get the enemies first armory in the beginning of the game if thats the method used as the enemy team will be constantly charging you and showering you with grenades. Next, you need to be conscious of the bases and make sure they aren't being capped the entire game, you also gotta maintain a certain distance and watch where the enemy spawns, lastly you need to be conscious of whats around you as not everybody just sits still being farmed.

I hope you realize there is quite a bit of skill involved in this and one mistake could cost you the game and reverse the situation. I don't need to tell anybody not to farm with what I said though as this is pretty much a cult thread.
good people don't do bad things.
Well its not a bad thing, its annoying but it isn't bad.
Quote:
Good players don't need to artificial boost their stats or take advantage of broken mechanics to play the game.
Well maybe they aren't boosting their stats but they just want to have fun, and have a different version of fun than others. Also, the mechanics aren't broken, it is within the rules of the game mode to solely go for kills and win that way, just like you can win by bosses and cores. It literally says it on the page as you load in warzone.
So they can have fun but the other players can't I call -Yoink-
Do you have fun getting smashed in Arena? do you enjoy having a seemingly endless losing streak? do you enjoy being sniped consitently by a good player in arena? do you enjoy fighting a team who knows all the spawns in swat? do you enjoy getting T-bagged 20 times a game? Please, not everybody can have fun at the same time while playing player v. player.
Run5k wrote:
What? Not only have they not tried to stop people, they haven't said anything on the issue other than a few months ago when they...
...specifically said that "We do see that it occurs enough that we want to find the right adjustments to steer all teams away from this style of play." Although their subsequent inaction is very frustrating, that quote is a rather clear-cut indication that they do not approve of Warzone farming. It is just that simple.
I don't know who you were playing against but as a guy who farmed 500+ games...
Classy. Are you genuinely proud that you have made a significant contribution towards ruining hundreds of Warzone matches for thousands of different players? It really doesn't bother you that your "efforts" have tangibly hurt the Halo 5 online population and helped tarnish the image of the entire Halo online community?
I'm not proud, I just don't think everybody is such a baby to leave a game they actually enjoy due to one bad experience.
Yeah they do. Yesterday after a good assault game(no farming) a guy invited me and 10 other. Went into warzone and triple capped and blew to core. 2 game, same thing happenbut they decided to not core until they farm kills. ( i heard them say farm ) i took that oni chaingun turret and tore the core down, left the lobby and reported all of them. XD!.
BEFORE THAT I HAD A CONVERSATION WITH THEM. HERE IS WHAT I FOUND OUT ABOUT FARMERS.
These guys are not some pshchotic gamers who enjoy buy hurting other. The dont farm Achilles. They do it because they are good at game. You kniw when you go randoms against organized fireteams of 4 in slayer who are in onyx/ champion.
Tyese are just good player. They do what normal players do, capture bases,kill people. They are good thats why we are not able to defend. So yeah they are not some jerks, but they are just normal guys. Some of them are so friend and nice people to be with. I met one guy, he was farming yet he was a very good person, he didnt use any bad word but instead funny comment or line just like I do. he is very Friendly as well. He is in my favorite friends now.
SO DONT JUDGE PEOPLE BY THE GAME BUT BY THEIR PERSONALITY. YOU CANT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER.
Exceptions. There are some like most of us imagine them. But not all are like that. If 6ou really want to report someone, join their lobby, talk to them in a friendly manner. Be parient, they will give away everything you need for proof without asking a question.
So please DO NOT REPORT GOOD PLAYERS IF YOU CANT FIGHT THEM.
ALSO I AM NOT LIKE THAT. I AM JUST A CASUAL WHO HAPPENS TO BE BETWEEN DIAMOND/ONYX.( droped in rank become of running solo and 300 ms latency in my country )

I hops this helps any of the good player out there( you can thank me if it works)
If you are not like them and reportjust anyone, please stop. You are not being nice but you yourself are becoming a part of the ill side of the community, by runing someones profile. That make you no better than the true bad guys out there.
So please, I beg you to stop.
"They do it because they are good at the game"

BAHAHAHAHA THAT'S A GOOD JOKE!!! BEST JOKE I HEARD ALL DAY!
K now back to being serious:

If they were good at the game, they wouldn't be farming. If they can triple cap without breaking a sweat, destroying the core shouldn't be a problem.
Completely untrue. You have to be at least average in order to farm with good communication skills, position holding capabilities, and accuracy while are all traits of a god player. Just because they are good doesn't mean they wouldn't want to have fun cutting the crops, or lessening the grind for weapon/vehicle commendations. Also, they could destroy the core, but simply, they'd rather farm.
"Completely Untrue, it takes skill to farm"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL SKILL? Please tell me how sitting near the enemies spawn with an answer or (similar explosives) takes skill.

PLEASE tell me how sitting there, waiting for someone to pop their head out with a sniper takes skill.

TELL ME how surrounding the enemy base with vehicles takes skill.

TELL. ME.

Seriously, go ahead. I'll wait.
From your post I can tell your a troll but I'll go ahead and amuse you.

First off, it takes coordination to get the enemies first armory in the beginning of the game if thats the method used as the enemy team will be constantly charging you and showering you with grenades. Next, you need to be conscious of the bases and make sure they aren't being capped the entire game, you also gotta maintain a certain distance and watch where the enemy spawns, lastly you need to be conscious of whats around you as not everybody just sits still being farmed.

I hope you realize there is quite a bit of skill involved in this and one mistake could cost you the game and reverse the situation. I don't need to tell anybody not to farm with what I said though as this is pretty much a cult thread.
Not really a troll. I just find your logic EXTREMELY flawed.

Fighting with a full team of 12 against another team of people going solo does NOT, and WILL NOT EVER require skill. You instantly win with strength in numbers, plain and simple. There's no workaround to that unless you use explosives, which (besides grenades, which will kill at most 1-2 people) you don't have at the start of the game.

"There is quite a bit of skilled involved, one mistake could cost you the game"

Again, Where is the skill in watching spawn points with the barrel of your gun aimed right at their head? That's extremely easy kills, if anything. Not skill.

Run5k wrote:
What? Not only have they not tried to stop people, they haven't said anything on the issue other than a few months ago when they...
...specifically said that "We do see that it occurs enough that we want to find the right adjustments to steer all teams away from this style of play." Although their subsequent inaction is very frustrating, that quote is a rather clear-cut indication that they do not approve of Warzone farming. It is just that simple.
I don't know who you were playing against but as a guy who farmed 500+ games...
Classy. Are you genuinely proud that you have made a significant contribution towards ruining hundreds of Warzone matches for thousands of different players? It really doesn't bother you that your "efforts" have tangibly hurt the Halo 5 online population and helped tarnish the image of the entire Halo online community?
I'm not proud, I just don't think everybody is such a baby to leave a game they actually enjoy due to one bad experience.
Multiple*

Unless you're some sort of god when it comes to matchmaking, you're going to constantly run into them when playing warzone/BTB/Team Arena.
Yes,
good people don't do bad things.
Well its not a bad thing, its annoying but it isn't bad.
Quote:
Good players don't need to artificial boost their stats or take advantage of broken mechanics to play the game.
Well maybe they aren't boosting their stats but they just want to have fun, and have a different version of fun than others. Also, the mechanics aren't broken, it is within the rules of the game mode to solely go for kills and win that way, just like you can win by bosses and cores. It literally says it on the page as you load in warzone.
Let's try a syllogism.
Warzone farming is an example of unsporting conduct.
Unsporting conduct is an example of bad behavior.
Warzone farming is an example of bad behavior.

The mechanics are broken. Teams should not be matched against randoms. The spawning mechanics are downright awful. Regardless of motivation the action itself is unsporting. I've already shut you down on this once, I don't feel the need to rehash this.
I didn't get your first sentence but I'll try to respond. I never said its good, its just not against the rules. Almost if not everything has negative consiquences, even your decision to play warzone despite knowing you could potentially get obliterated, you have the coice to either suck it up and allow people to choose they way they play, or go play arena if you truly want a "fair" experience which warzone wasn't built around providing. The difference in your comparasion would be that a pregnant person would be told not to do it, and that though its not illegal, your risking not only the childs life, but also yours. But warzone on the other hand clearly tells you its alright, and though it may have a few negatives, they are nowhere near the scale of what drinking while pregnant is.

Quote:
That kind of conflation of ethics and laws or rules is something I'd expect from a child. You should attempt to defend the position you took instead of saying, "OOH They haven't stopped me yet, I can rob as many banks as I want."
Let me make it clear to you. Your argument is essentially in two parts. A: It isn't against the rules, therefore it isn't bad. That doesn't follow. Whether or not something is prohibited has absolutely nothing to do with whether it is right or wrong. At varying times many completely moral and right things could land you in jail or lead you to be executed. That is not a valid defense of farming.

Completely wrong, I don't know when I over insinuated saying its not bad. So let me put it in simple terms since you continue to make assumptions based off one sentence. What I'm trying to say is, farming is not an exploit, it is not cheating, and as far as the games stated, not against the rules although not intended. I was trying to defend farming when I said your comparison was illogical, I was saying it wasn't right for that specific situation and overly dramatic a comparison.
Quote:
And B: Randoms do it so it must be okay.
Never, and I mean NEVER did I say or even allude to that. Think outside the "no matter what I'm right so I'll say whatever" mindset. I honestly don't know where you got that from, it absolutely makes no sense. If I must explain myself, I added that in because people seem to think up silly reasons for people farming, as well as stereotype them as fireteams or Achilies wearers, or they just group any obliteration by a team as farming.
Quote:
As for you current post. No you cannot say that because 343 hasn't issued a declaration or made changes to WZ and WZA (They did in the latter case) to stop the problem. That doesn't follow either. You can determine someone's position from inaction. It is also irrelevant. What 343 think about farming has no bearing on whether it is unsportsmanlike conduct or not. That is definitional.
First off, everything thats in bold just doesn't fit together, try putting what your responding to in a quote or something cause I honestly don't know what your responding too or trying to say. As for the rest, what they think about farming determines whether or not its within the rules or an exploit/cheating. Which is what I'm arguing about anyway.
Quote:
Actually, thats exactly what farming is, losing badly. You get triple caped, and killed til the enemy team either cores or wins, sounds like you lost badly. Unnaturally prolonging a game? Most warzone games between randoms last longer than farming games for the same reason, kills. Most warzone games you play are normally around 20 minutes long if you go solo because both teams would rather slaughter each other than kill bosses or cap bases. Though farming is more one sided and annoying. As for your comparison, you really like to make extreme comparisons don't you? In the game you can leave, you can camp and wait it out at the expense of time, you can fight back which will make time go faster, you can play arena or customs. In that scenario, there is really not escape unless the alley was avoided from the start, and the consequences are much worse.
You responded to my post stating good people don't do bad things. You then stated farming wasn't 'bad.' By definition something that is unsporting is bad. And Farming is unsporting. The idea that it is not is not a defensible position. Now if you agree that farming is bad, then you've been wasting my bloody time.

I Just because someone hasn't declared a position (even though 343 have), doesn't mean you can then claim they think it's okay. Just because something hasn't been explicitly forbade doesn't mean it won't be in the future.

I don't think you know what you actually wrote. I can only respond to the rather pathetic arguments you've presented not whatever 'perfect' one is in your head. When you declare it is somehow important that some randoms farm, despite it's irrelevance what conclusion am I supposed to draw? If I"m wrong, show me. Provide a decent argument and evidence to support it. I welcome being shown when I'm wrong, it means I am closer to reality as it is. However, you have in no way done that.

Minimization of farming doesn't change anything. If I steal something that is a worth a dollar or a pound, there is no inherent difference between that and stealing a car. It is the same act and is unethical regardless. Being able to run away or mitigate damage doesn't change the fact that farming is unethical.

Farming isn't just losing badly. If I play a game of warzone and the enemy team cores in two minutes. I've lost badly. If they capture all three bases and sit on the spawns in order to artificially boost their stats or because they enjoy they are acting unethically. They could core quickly, they are obviously organized enough to do it. Instead they prolong the situation, that's the equivalent of playing a game of basket ball scoring 99 baskets in the first half, then not stepping on the court in the second just to let the other team catch up so it will go into overtime and you can twist the knife. How is that okay? How is that a good thing? How is that not bad?

The 'extremeness' of my examples doesn't change anything. I wasn't comparing Farming to Rape. I was comparing blaming the victim to blaming the victim.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL SKILL?
Spoiler:
Show

Not defending farming but it absolutely takes skill. How did they get all 3 bases capped to start with? How did they get to a higher req level than you at the beginning of the game? The farmers were better than the opponent or else they wouldn't have had a chance to farm. There are strategies to farm or core, but the strategies are worthless if you are losing the 1v1's. I've played solo with good randoms and beat bad teams. In the end the communication advantage only goes so far, bad players can't farm.
The players flocking together usually is decent players. And its not skill when the decent players flock together in large sausage parties vs randoms. Then the "hardcore coordination" and "advanced strategies" of rushing the armory at the start of the game taking different "advanced" positions around the armory. Then starting the top secret req spam strategy of 3-4 wasps then banshees and tanks and the answers .....
LUKEPOWA wrote:
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL SKILL?
It does take skill although it's very minimal. If you have basic communication, coordination, and average to even below average gun skill, you could potentially farm a team. The terribly designed home base areas can make it easy for a team to hold power positions and having powerful REQ's will obviously just make it that much easier to do.
"It does take skill"

Holding down a few positions near the enemies spawn and holding down the right trigger with the answer takes NO SKILL at all. Just stop defending farming. Unless you're admitting to using it as a crutch, you shouldn't be defending it. Plain and simple.
True. Yeah, it is a complex issue but one that can definitely be fixed somehow.
Lol at "they do it because they're good"

90% of time they're not good, it's just when you have a team of randoms vs 6-10 decent players, of course the decent players are going to win.

I've got messages during the game from them telling me to quit or to stop ruining their game because I was killing them.

Ok so you're being an a-hole, trying to farm and I'm supposed to not try and help my team win or take the bases?
I'm not proud, I just don't think everybody is such a baby to leave a game they actually enjoy due to one bad experience.
Please, don't underestimate the tremendous negative impact that farmers (like you) have had upon the Halo 5 online community.

First of all, this isn't merely "one bad experience." This has been occurring over several months, and even when we look at it strictly from your perspective, you have affected thousands of Warzone players with your horrendous sportsmanship.

As I have said before, within my own Xbox Live friends list I know at least 30 people who either refuse to play standard Warzone or quit playing Halo 5 completely because of the childish behavior of farmers. Those same farmers who would label them as "babies" need to to take a long look in the mirror first.
Being an -Yoink- who doesn't let the enemy team even play the game isn't being a "good person".
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 11