Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] The truth about farmers.

OP Enlightening966

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 11
They may be nice people, but what they're doing isn't (And that is, forcing them to quit if they wanna continue having fun, and risking a ban by doing so.)

The spawnkilling itself isn't bad, but as long as WZ has quit bans, then it kicks off a bigger problem.
Agreed
I know and play with lots of farmers. I personally prefer quick core . I find farming companies pretty sad actually as they are just stat padding.
I don't really enjoy farming, but I'm not above it. If I can get to your core I'll usually destroy, but I do know people that will literally kick you from their fire team if you kill the core before they are ready to be done. There's nothing fun about running around the core room killing people who just spawn, I don't get it. It's more fun when the enemy team actually fights back and captures bases. Close games are the best.
Haven't been able to actually find 11 other halo players to do this.

-xCarmineRulesxX AKA Luke the Duke
Are you actually serious right now?
There is too much contradiction in OP for me to take it seriously.

A really good team of players who steamrolls the competition can do so without farming. People don't farm "because they're good", and not all farmers are expert players. Being unable to defend against a good team is not the same thing as being farmed; if you are truly unable to defend at all, then the game will just end. Then there are the cases where you are not getting farmed and are just barely defending against a really good enemy. This can get mistaken for farming because the game can drag on, but not because the enemy team is farming; they are trying to core but are being kept just barely at bay. But they are still trying to end the game. Then you have the true farmers. These are the cases where the enemy team manipulates your teams spawning to trap you and prevent you from getting away. They then proceed to ignore the core and AI bosses and focus strictly on Spartan kills with various weapons. And really any reason a farmer has for doing is selfish. They do it for filling out commendations, padding stats, getting Achilles, etc. You can be a farmer who is polite and nice but your reasons for farming are still selfish. There is no altruism in farming.
Farmers deserve to only fight farmers, I love getting farmed, spawing a base level shotgun in the vain hope of salvaging my dignety and not throwing my controller at the screen. Only to be shot in the back my gun stolen and teabaged by people who are not deserving of the Achillies armour. 343i should change the name, add a brimmed hat and whearmt stalk and force farmers to wear it. If i quit a match I didn't ask to join in progress i get penalised. Even COD doesn't let JIP losses effect Stats, so why can't Halo. IRATE VICTIM OF EXCESSIVE FARMING RIGHT HERE. JUST CAUSE I DON'T HAVE A GAZILLION FRIENDS ONLINE ALL TIMES AND SUFFER FROM LAG DUE TO BROJEN REGION FILTER DOES NOT MAKE ME A BAD PLAYER OR NOOB. rant over don't huminise the evil bad guys.
I know and play with lots of farmers. I personally prefer quick core . I find farming companies pretty sad actually as they are just stat padding.
Totally true
Yeah they do. Yesterday after a good assault game(no farming) a guy invited me and 10 other. Went into warzone and triple capped and blew to core. 2 game, same thing happenbut they decided to not core until they farm kills. ( i heard them say farm ) i took that oni chaingun turret and tore the core down, left the lobby and reported all of them. XD!.
BEFORE THAT I HAD A CONVERSATION WITH THEM. HERE IS WHAT I FOUND OUT ABOUT FARMERS.
These guys are not some pshchotic gamers who enjoy buy hurting other. The dont farm Achilles. They do it because they are good at game. You kniw when you go randoms against organized fireteams of 4 in slayer who are in onyx/ champion.
Tyese are just good player. They do what normal players do, capture bases,kill people. They are good thats why we are not able to defend. So yeah they are not some jerks, but they are just normal guys. Some of them are so friend and nice people to be with. I met one guy, he was farming yet he was a very good person, he didnt use any bad word but instead funny comment or line just like I do. he is very Friendly as well. He is in my favorite friends now.
SO DONT JUDGE PEOPLE BY THE GAME BUT BY THEIR PERSONALITY. YOU CANT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER.
Exceptions. There are some like most of us imagine them. But not all are like that. If 6ou really want to report someone, join their lobby, talk to them in a friendly manner. Be parient, they will give away everything you need for proof without asking a question.
So please DO NOT REPORT GOOD PLAYERS IF YOU CANT FIGHT THEM.
ALSO I AM NOT LIKE THAT. I AM JUST A CASUAL WHO HAPPENS TO BE BETWEEN DIAMOND/ONYX.( droped in rank become of running solo and 300 ms latency in my country )

I hops this helps any of the good player out there( you can thank me if it works)
If you are not like them and reportjust anyone, please stop. You are not being nice but you yourself are becoming a part of the ill side of the community, by runing someones profile. That make you no better than the true bad guys out there.
So please, I beg you to stop.
Maybe they're nice, but it's an unsported game. Definitely.
Farming can happen even in a team of randoms though it plays differently.
You say they are nice people?
But their actions arent.
An criminal can be a nice person,but that dont change what he has done.
actually the real truth about farmers dates back way in the 1800s
JohannDB wrote:
Neyrra wrote:
JohannDB wrote:
Neyrra wrote:
JohannDB wrote:
Neyrra wrote:
Dude, I've farmed before and I can assure you, it's for kills and kills only.
Was the time you said not to triple cap?I don't understand what it is.
Yeah. Most people prefer a double cap farm. Unless it's a bad map, the we core and hope for a better map.
I wanted to core.I get one core win every month because the enemy team always triple caps.
Not when you have a team of 12. We establish a line on the map. No one crosses that line. The line also moves, depending on how good the enemy team is/ how many people the enemy team has. It's a deathlock no one can escape.
I am totally gonna accidentally cross the line.
This made my day xD
The truth (the way I see it) is farming on halo ruins the fun for those being farmed. A lot of halo farmers will recognize that fact, but it seems those folks don't care, and that kinda makes them psychotic. The farmers will say people don't even know when their being farmed, but it's not hard to figure out when it's happening.

Farming is unsporting. An organized team of 12 communicating well against a bunch of randoms probably not using mics is like a middle school basketball team that doesn't cut anyone facing off against the cavs. I can't believe winning an online match in a video game that went out of style (for good reasons) means so much to some people. I have mixed feelings about farming. On one hand it's kinda sad, on the other, it's kinda funny; but it's only funny because it's really sad.
As an Australian giving everyone a fair go is our way of life so it angers me when I have to face a full team of Mexicans who have to rely on their boyfriends to win. Its messed up that a group of farmers with upto 99.1% win rate across 2k games are allowed to face randoms that average out 48% wins.
Farming is a scummy move and is dishonourable and honestly a waste of time. There's no challenge on slaughter.
Just because they could be a morally good person or a friendly person to talk to makes them immune to bad behavior. You could have men who are nice at their work place but when they come home they abuse their wife and children.
Is there actual skill in triple capping, no not really its really just unfair coordination where a team of 12 boyfriends bullying 12 randoms trying to have fun. Real skill is stopping the advance of these boyfriends.
If my team triple caps, I will usually spam ghosts and go for suicidal attacks on the core as it'll be the honourable thing to end it fast as its a show of mercy.
Lmao I stay judging, farmers are scum, period. They're the reason why people don't play warzone anymore
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
LKG Gluby wrote:
actually the real truth about farmers dates back way in the 1800s
Domestication of plants brought communities together for almost 10 millennia. Not this community though :'(
I have joined a lot of teams, and never have I seen people farming. I see the same things. They are just good.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 11