Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] The Unicorn Fire and Ice Skins + How to Get Them!

OP Exenius

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
In this week's Community Update two new exclusive skins were revealed, and man do they look good. I look forward to attempting to earn them.

Unicorn Fire
Quote:
Unicorn “Fire” Skin – We will award this to players who create something awesome and get featured in the Halo Community Update here on Waypoint. Yes, this is highly subjective, and yes, we know the distribution audience is going to start small. We want to recognize and reward players who are creating great content and helping to enrich our community and this is one of the few things we have left to help do that. We’re going to go back through to the beginning of this year (2017) and will be retroactively awarding to players who’ve done something awesome that we’ve featured (this includes ‘Community Spotlight’, ‘Play of the Week’ and any other recognition we’ve included such as cool Forge creations noticed on Twitter, etc...). If you've been featured hang tight, we'll be rolling these out shortly but since it is a manual process we appreciate your patience.
Unicorn Ice
Quote:
Unicorn “Ice” Skin – This skin will be awarded to players we play with/against during 343 Community Playdates starting with last week's Valentine's Playdate. We logged those games so if you happened to match with us, you’ll get this skin soon. We’ll be doing another playdate next week when the next rotational playlist comes out and sometimes we’ll just play pre-arranged customs against community groups. Soon we’ll put together a more standard and recurring schedule to give you a heads up on how you can be a part of these Halo 5 sessions.
Personally I'm really glad more exclusive items are coming to Halo 5. What are your opinions on the matter?

Source - Wars, Worlds, and Weaponry
Sounds cool.
Are these only AR skins? It looks like I will never get the first one. :) If I am lucky, may get the second one.
Are these only AR skins? It looks like I will never get the first one. :) If I am lucky, may get the second one.
Yes I believe they are only for the AR.
Where's my Unicorn skin?? I needs it! :o
Where's my Unicorn skin?? I needs it! :o
My reaction was about the same way. I have a feeling I'm going to be trying pretty desperately to match 343 in the upcoming playdates. Lets hope I get lucky because those skins look really good.
Can I get a gold pack instead? These skins look terrible. lol

Still cool of you guys.
Sweet idea. Going to try and get that Ice skin.
CHRIS673 wrote:
I hope to see you in the Community Playdates!
Hopefully I could get the ice skin
Hoping...
Great ideas going for word. Minor things like this tends to go a long ways. Yes their will be tons complaining they will not get these. I know I prob never will but it's all good:)
Gratz 343 we love limited cosmetic. :)
I'ma gonna sweat until my sweat glands can sweat no more. I shall grind until I hit good clips for the Skilltacular submission thread
These skins looks kinda bad, but awesome at the same time... I don't really know what to think about their design.
But anyway, I want them ! \o/

Also, I don't really like exclusives like these. By that I mean the ones where you need to randomly fall on something/someone so you can get rewarded, or doing something that'll get noticed by someone ; because you basically can put all your hard work into something, but the end result is not in your hands. I prefer the exclusives like the Helioskrill armor (during H5 Beta), where you have to achieve something quite hard (in that case finish every missions of every games in MCC on Legendary), but where you know for sure you'll get rewarded for it in the end.
Cool
That's legit cx
I hope to earn these, but it will be a longshot for both. It's about the journey not the destination. Good luck to everyone!
Exenius wrote:
In this week's Community Update two new exclusive skins were revealed, and man do they look cool. I look forward to attempting to earn them.

Unicorn Fire
Quote:
Unicorn “Fire” Skin – We will award this to players who create something awesome and get featured in the Halo Community Update here on Waypoint. Yes, this is highly subjective, and yes, we know the distribution audience is going to start small. We want to recognize and reward players who are creating great content and helping to enrich our community and this is one of the few things we have left to help do that. We’re going to go back through to the beginning of this year (2017) and will be retroactively awarding to players who’ve done something awesome that we’ve featured (this includes ‘Community Spotlight’, ‘Play of the Week’ and any other recognition we’ve included such as cool Forge creations noticed on Twitter, etc...). If you've been featured hang tight, we'll be rolling these out shortly but since it is a manual process we appreciate your patience.
Unicorn Ice
Quote:
Unicorn “Ice” Skin – This skin will be awarded to players we play with/against during 343 Community Playdates starting with last week's Valentine's Playdate. We logged those games so if you happened to match with us, you’ll get this skin soon. We’ll be doing another playdate next week when the next rotational playlist comes out and sometimes we’ll just play pre-arranged customs against community groups. Soon we’ll put together a more standard and recurring schedule to give you a heads up on how you can be a part of these Halo 5 sessions.
Personally I'm really glad more exclusive items are coming to Halo 5. What are your opinions on the matter?

Source - Wars, Worlds, and Weaponry
Those skins look so nice.
Unyshek wrote:
CHRIS673 wrote:
I hope to see you in the Community Playdates!
When!!?? I want to play with you Uny, rep the Halo Collective!
All the good stuff is for the AR and Pistol. No BR's or SMG's :/

Does it mean "any" playdate? I'd love to see if they have a BTB playdate or a Super Fiesta playdate in the future that can grant the Ice skin~
Sylxeria wrote:
All the good stuff is for the AR and Pistol. No BR's or SMG's :/

Does it mean "any" playdate? I'd love to see if they have a BTB playdate or a Super Fiesta playdate in the future that can grant the Ice skin~
I assumed it meant any future playdate from the valentines one on.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7