Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

The Wasp needs to be Faster than the Pheaton

OP SaneMountain212

I think it needs to be faster than the Pheaton, its already weak in armor and guns.
I have to agree. Aside from the shield, its made of glass. Both its weapons are weaker than the Banshee and Phaeton analogies. Being a VTOL, it should be able to dance about the air effortlessly.
It's fairly quick if you fly straight ahead, but slow otherwise. The key to using it is to go on strafing runs. The Phaeton is more like an AC-130 gunship; it can stay up in the air and dish out heavy firepower from a distance. The Wasp is more like an A-10; close air support, get in and get out is where it shines. If you want to utilize its hover ability, make sure you have cover to hide behind.
Or the phaeton needs to be more powerful and slower maybe
It's fairly quick if you fly straight ahead, but slow otherwise. The key to using it is to go on strafing runs. The Phaeton is more like an AC-130 gunship; it can stay up in the air and dish out heavy firepower from a distance. The Wasp is more like an A-10; close air support, get in and get out is where it shines. If you want to utilize its hover ability, make sure you have cover to hide behind.
I know that the Wasp is close air support vehicle and hideing in cover is good but I still see it to be faster than a Pheaton. Not fast as a Banschee but faster then the Pheaton.
Nope, the A10 dishes out firepower the Wasp wishes it had. The Wasp is more like AH 64 Apache, albeit with rubber ammo.
I agree that the Wasp should be faster than the Phaeton. The Wasp was and is an incredible fighting machine but can only be used by an experienced flier for maximum destruction. It lacks both firepower and speed making it a lesser choice behind the agile Banshee and the powerful Phaeton. The shield and armour is also incredibly weak compared to most other vehicles in the game.
Haha, god I wish the Wasp was like an A-10. It's like an A-10 in assigned role only. Now, an ONI Wasp...

That might actually be like an A-10.
The Banshee is like a fighter Jet
The Phaeton is The AC-130 Attack Gunship
The Wasp is the Helicopter or the Apache
Only thing the WASP has going for it is that it's a REQ lvl 3 so if you have one you can pull it pretty early.
But really, if were going up against Banshee's that can one shot insta kill you with their bomb with next to zero travel time for you to dodge, or were going up against Pheaton's with homing rounds that can semi teleport out of the path of your missles... Yeah, they need to either buff the WASP or release it's upgraded versions and boost how frequent they can drop in REQ's.
I've seen 1. 1 out of all the REQ's I've opened in the past two weeks.
Wasp needs a 1 mph speed increase forwards, 3-5 mph increase in other directions, faster acceleration and deceleration, slightly increased missile damage (not radius, so that it isnt uber powerful to infantry) to help deal with heavy resistance, and 10-15% more accuracy to the chain gun. Instead of beefing up armor and stuff, lets play with the Wasp's strengths.

Essentially in my opinion, more speed overall with enhanced strafing, much more responsive maneuvering/ switching movement directions, and weapons adjusted to help play more of a long range nimble support than a risky dash vehicle.
The only thing I think that needs to be changed is how accurate the machine guns are. Sometimes it seems even less accurate than that of the Mantis.
I have to agree. Aside from the shield, its made of glass. Both its weapons are weaker than the Banshee and Phaeton analogies. Being a VTOL, it should be able to dance about the air effortlessly.
That's what I thought the Wasp would be.