Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

There is a trick with the sniper rifle. What is it

OP iDPO

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Sniper rifle- I'm talking about the really long gun used specifically for sniping. Not any gun with a scope. I feel like it is luck to put the tiny aiming reticle perfectly on anyone's head regardless whether you're zoomed in or not. Some people get what seems two or three quick kills right in a row with the sniper gun. Or I will just turn the corner and bam got hit, only to respawn somewhere else and bam got hit again by the same dude. But if I pick up that gun up I can't even hit their moving torso unless they're standing still for a moment. Is there a trick to it? Is there a snap trick or something? How do you do it.
you just get a touch for it after a while, it's just practice, I'm ok at long range sniping in warzone, but i'm garbage at sniper only games, just need to find the right sensitivity settings for you.
its called getting good

sniping takes considerable timing and thumb skill to pull off shots like that

you dont have to lead/account for bullet drop in halo so it is essentially "easier" than other games with snipers
I tend to have feast-or-famine sprees with the weapon. Sometimes I manage to headshot several peeps in a row, and other times I unload a full clip and miss every bullet.
Honestly I feel like the trick on Halo 5 with the sniper is to just get the reticule in the general vicinity of someones head. Im not saying Im amazing because I'm not, I just feel that the sniper is quite easy to use this game.
you just get a touch for it after a while, it's just practice, I'm ok at long range sniping in warzone, but i'm garbage at sniper only games, just need to find the right sensitivity settings for you.
No dude. You have to get a feel with the other guns and adjust the right sensitivity settings according to your taste. But the sniper rifle is a whole other thing. Are you sure they're not some sort of quick-scoping snap to head trick. Like what was said about in the halo 5 beta and used in cod?
FupDup88 wrote:
I tend to have feast-or-famine sprees with the weapon. Sometimes I manage to headshot several peeps in a row, and other times I unload a full clip and miss every bullet.
oh I see.... hm. I just avoid it. Im intimidated by that weapon.
I'm callin total malarky on these snapshots being skilled. It's total fluke due to auto-aim, bullet magnetism and kill boxes. I've jumped, spun in the air, and just pulled the trigger without even looking and headshotted some poor git.
iDPO wrote:
No dude. You have to get a feel with the other guns and adjust the right sensitivity settings according to your taste. But the sniper rifle is a whole other thing. Are you sure they're not some sort of quick-scoping snap to head trick. Like what was said about in the halo 5 beta and used in cod?
No its just called skill. Practice and you can do it too.
iDPO wrote:
some people see to be able to do that, the bullet magnetism is pretty strong, I prefer hardscoping and picking my shots.
This is how I snipe.

http://youtu.be/Ax7_i2AJa5U
You must become one with the Sniper. Only then can you harness it's full power
icicicicicicicicic.... ok I will give it a chance and practice.
Tintreg wrote:
This is how I snipe.

Dang.... :/
Yeah it's just practice, I feel the Halo 5 sniper is slightly easier then all the other games.
iDPO wrote:
Tintreg wrote:
This is how I snipe.

Dang.... :/
It really is just practice. I'm by no means a pro! I'm ok ish. I find a low sensitivity helps on the warzone maps.
Try swiping......... the hit boxes are so large. You honestly only need to be near the head to get a head shot. Even then I've killed people when I clearly missed by at least 2ft.
Personally, it seems like everyone other than myself finds sniping to be easier in Halo 5, whereas I still struggle with it.

I don't think there's any trick to it. Probably just a matter of adjusting to it and finding the right feel for it.
The sniper will always take more skill to use than any other weapon.

But you may be taking more deaths from it because in H5 there are larger hit boxes and an obscene amount of aim assist/bullet magnetism.
You must become one with the Sniper. Only then can you harness it's full power
you must be the bullet
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3