Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Things you miss from Halo 5 beta

OP MKFREYA

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
i miss some things from the beta, like the low and recharge shields sounds, the extra ammo in the battle rifle, the magnum (is better than actual magnum in my opinion), the celebration after the match, the first Pegasus map, etc. What about you?
ew the celebration after the match was gross and unnecessary
I miss the weapon bolt moving on the AR, and the great lighting effects. The final product's lighting doesn't feel as good as the beta (sacrifices were made for performance).
I miss the audio hit markers, and the celebration after the match, that was fun, would've liked to unlock some of those via reqs, like stances. I want my spartan to dance after a victory. :)
Maybe gross but not unnecessary
I miss the weapon bolt moving on the AR, and the great lighting effects. The final product's lighting doesn't feel as good as the beta (sacrifices were made for performance).
RIP lighting effects, atleast we have the 60 fps smooth gameplay
MKFREYA wrote:
tell me in what way a random animation of the winning team in necessary. Heck the standing crap that exists not isnt even necessary.
MKFREYA wrote:
tell me in what way a random animation of the winning team in necessary. Heck the standing crap that exists not isnt even necessary.
What? I can't enjoy my victory?
MKFREYA wrote:
MKFREYA wrote:
i remember the days that one enjoyed a victory by merely winning, not a superficial showing through an animation. If you need an animation to enjoy a win I feel sorry for you.
The lighting definitely, everything shined so brilliantly and beautiful. Except the prophets bane, that was blinding.
Lightning for sure.
About the lighting, didn't people complain it was too dark in the beta?
MKFREYA wrote:
MKFREYA wrote:
i remember the days that one enjoyed a victory by merely winning, not a superficial showing through an animation. If you need an animation to enjoy a win I feel sorry for you.
That's a bit much, it's just an animation. I'd feel sorry for you for being so negative, but nah...
MKFREYA wrote:
MKFREYA wrote:
This^

That animation in the beta was an absolute cringe every time. I can only imagine how annoying it would have been after every match for a year and a half...
The aiming. Remember when it wasn't heavy and you could actually aim?

I don't think spartan charge had magnetism. We should bring that back.

The lighting was alright, but it was too dark on some maps. I remember Eden having problems and Truth was bad.

I don't miss the post-game animations. They should've just gave us an option to turn it off or not.

I'm glad all those extra shield noises are gone.
MKFREYA wrote:
MKFREYA wrote:
LOL I never thought like that, however I still can t-bag my enemies :P
I miss the celebration after the match. Not to the extent it was in the beta but stuff like hand shakes and 'bro' shakes. That stuff really does happen in the army. Even fist bumps.
So many uptight Halo veterans about the post-match celebrations. Celebrations were SO bad, but the new "food" and "cat" skins were just SO great. I hate that more. Either all of the sillyness is okay or none of it is okay. We don't get to have silly skins if we don't get to have the silly celebrations. But I digress, I'll always defend the celebrations.

I miss the aiming mechanics that were in the Halo 5 beta; they changed something that's for sure, and the new customization for the controls doesn't bring it back to how it was. Always have to tweak my aim settings in Halo 5. Also miss how you can't see the players in the matchmaking lobbies anymore, or their rank. Actually, I prefer the Halo 5 Beta theme than I do the original Halo theme on the menu. I feel like Halo 5 didn't warrant the original theme to be put in as our main menu opener. Felt it was just put in for nostalgic fan service.
I miss the weapon bolt moving on the AR
THIS.

It makes the weapons look so much better, IMO.

All Halo 5 beta weapons. ( AR at 0:40)

BR looks awesome as well!
The killcam would be cool fro social games
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2