1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. ...
  6. 12
Stammer wrote:
small advice:

use the magnum - this is your primary weapon not the assault rifle !
BR>magnum
assault rifle is for CQC
lower your sensitivity - (mine is 2)
play on a small screen (21 - 24 inch)
use bumper jumper
when you play solo - stick with your mates - no lonewolf
Quality advice in a few lines. All of this is spot on. I just play on 3... I think. And if you must use the assault rifle for longer ranges, crouch to significantly increase accuracy; but only do if you have element of surprise.
I'm done with multiplayer because i unlocked everything already.
So I just played a whole warzone where I couldn't use any reqs the whole damn game! It was processing data where the reqs usually are the whole game.... Which is just awesome. Personally I am done with warzone completely now I will stick to arena because between the fact that half the time you get halfway through a game and then get randomly dropped out or this now where you cant even use any reqs I am done.
I really was psyched for this game and really played a lot of it after release, but have not since Christmas. For me, a lot of it has to do with the lack of split screen, the fact I get destroyed most of the time and the overall quality of the Arena maps. As someone who likes BTB, Forge maps are not a substitute for actual studio created maps. They just aren't. Warzone was fun for a while, but has really gone towards the Pay to Win model.
Scobra 808 wrote:
Stammer wrote:
small advice:

use the magnum - this is your primary weapon not the assault rifle !
BR>magnum
assault rifle is for CQC
lower your sensitivity - (mine is 2)
play on a small screen (21 - 24 inch)
use bumper jumper
when you play solo - stick with your mates - no lonewolf
Quality advice in a few lines. All of this is spot on. I just play on 3... I think. And if you must use the assault rifle for longer ranges, crouch to significantly increase accuracy; but only do if you have element of surprise.
Yeah, one of my friends uses the AR over pistol for 9/10 situations and he still got Onyx in slayer, so it's at least viable... especially with the crouch + zoom in, it has an incredible range. For beginners, I think it's probably the better way to go for a bit until aiming becomes more consistent. But once you get the hang of things, pistol shreds because of the single-headshot kill & more versatile effective range.
So much bad blood, I think this game is great. and with the modded guns, you can get them too and tbh the br is beast against most of them
So much bad blood, I think this game is great. and with the modded guns, you can get them too and tbh the br is beast against most of them
meh some of the bad blood is warranted though. A lot of changes are one step forward and 2 steps back from other titles.
movement, free content, forge, machinima controls- 1 step forward
lack of colors, original maps, customization, hypercompetitiveness, simplified forge controls, lack of game types and social playlist, lack of a proper file browser that rivals Reach.lack of UNSC flying vehicles- 2 steps back.
keep in mind some of these issues can be addressed before the end of 5's content creation and I feel some of these should be addressed by 343i in great lengths directly to the fanbase instead of these monthly update articles on waypoint.
You said it yourself: you think it is due to being from Europe and playing on US servers. That is exactly the issue for all of us. It needs to be addressed but in all likelihood probably won't. It has been too long since release. H5 is going to end up just like MCC.
I'll weigh in... My experience with the Halo franchise is vast and Halo 5: Guardians is no exception.

I found the matchmaking CSR (Competitive Skill Rank) used to dictate a player's credential skills in comparison to the community within their region is slightly disorientating and unbalanced, only slightly though.
  • I'll first state a huge factor is playlist, or even matchmaking, populations; simply put you can't play or match with fellow skill players if they aren't online, in the end the bottom line is finding and filling the lobby from the pool provided.
  • Now secondly the CSR needs to constantly allow players of similar skills, an equal and competitive match, but also provide tests, or bouts, of advancing their skill sets; so simply put players are given like, higher skilled or lower skilled CSR teammates and opponents (usually attempting to even the team skill) sometimes resulting in uneven matches, however this mathematical algorithm is dependent upon two factors the player's own CSR and evening the overall team skill integer:
    1. If a player's CSR in any tier (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Onyx, Champion) is ranked as a 1 - 2 they usually get like or lower CSR opponents and teammates, as a 3 - 4 usually like or possibly a mix of lower and higher CSR opponents and teammates, and as a 5 - 6 they usually get like or higher CSR opponents and teammates. This methodology is not always 100% however it is around 85% - 95% probability.
      AND
    2. Think of the CSR tiers as values so Bronze is 1, Silver is 2, Gold is 3, Platinum is 4, Diamond is 5, Onyx is 6, Champion is 7 and the team skill balance as a mathematical problem simply using addition and subtraction.
      EXAMPLE
      So lets consider that a player has a CSR of Gold 4 the searching pool is open to Silver 4s, 5s or 6s, all Golds and Platinum 1s, 2s or 3s. Now lets say he matches against an opposing team consisting of four Platinum CSR which would mean, from a integer stand point, the competitive skill of the team is valued at 16, so deducting the player's CSR, an additional 13 skill points is needed or as close to...
But it is a given that the simple win to losses is not a truthful summation of true player skill, it should be more based on wins to losses and kills to death, objective accomplishment medals and just overall team play.
  • However on the stand point of player skill improvement, I suggest if you do get beaten hard, go into theater and re-watch your match from your's, your teammates and opponents perspective to learn techniques, map layout etc.
  • waiting for some uber 343 fanboy to call out this supposed blasphemy. As for me, I have to agree. it isn't as fun as games previously due to the intensity. use to be I could play a few rounds (either alone or with friends) and if I lost I just shrugged it off and tried my luck again. but now it seems I fall into a losing streak and I rage. these things happen when you turn an fps into a competitive arena styled game.
    if you mean lack of social playlist i understand, but up until reach halo was always a competitive arena game. Reach started the downfall but was still at least playable, even though it was a chore, and 4 just killed it.

At least now its way better, halo is supposed to be a competitive arena game, I wouldn't mind a social playlist but don't alter the core arena game
    My only problem is mismatches. I will play games where I get obliterated, and the next match we dominate. The games are rarely close and unfun. I have almost stopped playing arena now.
    The problem with warzone right now is the one fireteam lead by pingy called osiris the problem is that because they always go in groups of 12 and they are all around lvl 120 every solo player gets -Yoink- on, I can stand up against them in a one on one but the problem is they never one on one they run away if they are alone and because they dominate warzone with there req spam everyone else just quits and you'll only be matched with them
    That's the point of warzone? U coordinate and work as a team to dominate?
    Can not relate to OP.
    I recently got back into Halo 5 to find I can now adjust deadzones and acceleration speed. Dropped zones to zero (I look after my controllers, so there's no drift) and I upped the acceleration to 5 (max). I left sensitivity on 7.
    My KDR has skyrocketed. I still need a little practice with snapshots on the Sniper due to the extra sensitivity allowed, but damn.. It's like a whole new game to me.
    It's a great competitive game, it really is. Hopefully the player base remains solid in Australia with all these whiney 12 year olds I'm demolishing :P
    H5 multiplayer has been the best it's been since H3 IMO
    I will be honest. You just suck, no offence. I used to have a very great aiming when I was grinding for req points. I stopped playing for over 2 weeks. When I got back to the game again, my aiming skill came back very quickly.
    This is the kind of -Yoink- that happens when 343i decides to turn halo into esports galore ):
    I'm done with halo 5 multiplayer, every single match I find in any game mode always has several people that are above rank 100, and when I use the focused search preference to find people who are closer to my skill level I still find people who are above rank 100, and I'm only rank 8!! I'm sick of only getting 1 to 4 kills in every single mode because there are pro and mlg players who always slaughter noobs like me. The worst part is that someone could just pay for req packs in order to get great weapons and better stuff with the micro transaction system that 343 has added into the game! From now on I will not be buying anymore games that 343 has either made themselves or that they have helped make.
    From what it sounds like, you described every reason as to why YOU are probably the limiting factor in your enjoyment. You are getting beat by better players because you play casually. Regardless, hopefully you'll find a gamemode or other game you enjoy more.
    Please don't revive old topics thanks
    1. 1
    2. ...
    3. 10
    4. 11
    5. ...
    6. 12