3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 12
M4T wrote:
I'm sorry, but how do you end up with a 0.8 K/D being a SR50?
What does his XP rank have to do with his KD?
he played nearly 300 arena games and still can't improve himself to at least 1.0 K/D?
I mean, it's fine to have a 0.8 K/D and play 20-40 games because you're still learning, but 300?
What does that have to do with anything?
Hes already said hes from Europe, the aiming and auto aim just dosent work at all with a 300ms ping.
Its pathetic that anyone should be forced to play on servers from a different region in 2016.
Its labelled as a 'competitive" multiplayer then force half the population to play at a disadvantage, then just ignore their paying fanbase and just ignore our questions on their own forums about such issues.
Worst developers
That is pretty much it, I doubt he is as "bad" as he thinks he is (Although I wouldn't call a 0.8 kd bad). It is the servers that are holding people back. I am from europe too and when you get a good server it is like night and day. Sure you have games with people that are just better than you and they will destroy you. But when you play average players and you put an entire magnum clip into them and they turn around and five shot you that is a problem. Has nothing to do with skill but with the horrendous latency. An option to choose dedicated servers would be great and that is the only think 343 can do about it. The dedicated servers belong to Microsoft and they can't be bothered to install more eu servers.
Nope I'm loving it hate on it but your all missing out yo
the ping is because the servers are in america because Microsoft is an american company and so is 343
the ping is because the servers are in america because Microsoft is an american company and so is 343
True but a company as big as Microsoft should be able to install dedicated servers in europe since Halo is their flagship title too. 343 is not really in charge of that.
Try adjusting things that you can control..
1. Plug in controller; response time will be slightly better
2. Get a decent monitor 18" - 22"; movement/aiming will feel much better
3. Try out different sensitivity and deadzone settings to what feels best
4. Warm up with warzone or something before instantly expecting to compete at your rank in Arena
Don't know what your problem is, dude. If headshots is what your complaining about, listen to this: I think the sniper rifle is the best weapon in the game. I, with over 200 sniper headshots, came in first in a winning snipers game with about 8 more kills than the guy in second, WITHOUT aim assist. H5 sniper rifle is the best, CE and Reach's are the worst, in my opinion, so suck on that! So if headshots are your problem, remember SuperSniper871!
I am in the U.S and feel a lot of your frustrations. The international lobbies are super frustrating. The lag is minimal, rarely see rubber banding, grenades and melee seem to be delayed at times but the real "killer" it the "Time to Kill". Some players seem to kill really quickly but can take a huge amount of damage.

Team balance also seems off. Complete blow outs are not uncommon.

I do think tweaking the controller setting help with the aim. It's all a personal preference. The adjustments are there to help.

I plan on sticking it out until after the January update to see if it improves. Otherwise there are other FPS out there.
I know the feeling I go off for a game of fifa come back on and my aim is so off that I get rekt
Dont sell it in other countries then? Or definitely dont sell it saying it will have optional regional servers when it doesn't.
I agree with everything you said OP. It wouldn't bother half as much if I could get my free silver packs by participating in like, 3 matches without quitting, but no, I have to match up with randoms and hope I get a good team. I'm not all out horrible at this game, but I'm not great by any means.
xp rank has nothing to do with it. dont start that crap.
1. The aiming is bad, I've changed the settings so many times but it's still broken.

2. The servers, I live in Canada and any other game I play works great online. Halo 5 is the only game I have this much trouble with. It's the main reason I hate this game. I know they're reasons why they did it this way, but it's stupid because halo is a game played world wide not just in the USA. Everyone else gets screwed over because of this.
Do not post spam.

Spoiler:
Show
I personally find this game very frustrating for the same reason that the OP posted, but one thing I find even more frustrating is the fact they give you the stupid boost reqs and then you use them and they get over halfway through a long warzone match and then all of the sudden you're back to the playlist menu!? WHy even put the stupid boost things in if you cant even get the game to work properly half the time. So frustrating and to think I was gonna not buy COD and just have halo 5 be my online multiplayer game, I think I will trade halo in for COD now after all the issues this game has online.
After 100+ hours it may be time to switch out a little bit. You may have just burned yourself out. I try to play different games throughout the week to make sure I can truly appreciate the uniqueness each gme possesses.
Thanks for keeping us in the loop OP.
I personally find this game very frustrating for the same reason that the OP posted, but one thing I find even more frustrating is the fact they give you the stupid boost reqs and then you use them and they get over halfway through a long warzone match and then all of the sudden you're back to the playlist menu!? WHy even put the stupid boost things in if you cant even get the game to work properly half the time. So frustrating and to think I was gonna not buy COD and just have halo 5 be my online multiplayer game, I think I will trade halo in for COD now after all the issues this game has online.
battleborn is likely to be good based on the closed technical test.

the division looks promising.

halo 5 could be great with some effort.
Man, I tried really hard to like this game, but I'm sadly just not finding it very fun to play online..
After 100+ hrs, I give up.

Here are the reasons why:
1) Aiming - After 100+ hrs play time in multiplayer, I still can't aim reliably for ****. Dunno what is going wrong, but just feels like I am constantly fighting the controller to stay on target. However, I find myself regularly getting DESTROYED by certain individuals who kill me with headshots EVERY SINGLE TIME they see me. I dunno if they are using mouse/keyboard or are just insanely skilled, but I have practically 0% chance to beat them. Which is fair enough. But why am I CONTINUOUSLY getting matched vs this level of player..? Which takes me to my next point:

2) Matchmaking - I am a relatively casual Halo player / FPS player, I don't have a lifetime of experience with this type of game, but I do play a lot of competitive PC games. I am getting absolutely destroyed in arena game after game by at least 1 member of the enemy team who goes like 20+ kills and annihilates me every time we cross paths. Yet despite all these losses, and terrible KDR, I am not dropping in matchmaking rating. I am currently ranked mid-gold. And getting destroyed in vast majority of my games. Most of my matches have at least one platinum opponent. I think I'm at like 40% win rate or something like that. So why isn't the system booting me down to silver, where I can learn to play the game against similarly skilled opponents???

3) Servers - I'm not sure where these dedicated servers are hosted. I'm not sure what my ping is. But I am getting destroyed, despite being on a wired ethernet connection with a wired xbox controller. I'm from Europe. I've got a really bad feeling vast majority of my games are taking place on servers in America (due to accents on voice chat). I'll have a ping of 200-300 to US servers, which means I won't stand a chance in hell in a game like this where reactions and ability to aim mean everything.

4) Intensity - If I practice the game every single day, for 1-2 hours, I feel like I can "stand a chance" in some matches. If I take a break from the game, even for a few days, then come back to play a couple games, I get absolutely REKT SHREKT and EREKT. This game just feels way too intense to me. It feels like it ONLY accomodates for the 24/7 MLG style of player. Not the semi-casual player. And certainly not the casual player.

And for those reasons, I think I am out..
I will keep an eye on patch notes and see if anything changes, but I'm not holding my breath.
Cya guys.

p.s. I play majority Warzone or Arena (team, team slayer, free for all). I was ranked mid gold in team and plat in FFA.
p.p.s. 90% sure this is what my problem is - https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/dedicated-servers-eu/a65cf801-460d-49f5-abcc-4b172f736b3a/posts
Some people just don't have the knack for it. Hope you find a game you like.
One particular problem I constantly run into in matchmaking is the aim assist. I have had so many moments where I have this 1 on 1 fight with another player, getting his shields down I am about to finish him off for that perfect medal... but then one of his teammates walks behind or in front of him across my reticle, therefore causing this bloody annoying as hell aim assist to kick in and pull my aim off my target. Then I die, when I know I should've won that 1 on 1 confrontation. I hate it.
Do not make nonconstructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 12