Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Think im going to start dashboarding out of maps

OP iTz Bullz i

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
I've watched streams where champs back out of certain maps all the time.
They're not really champs then haha

A real champ should be able to perform well regardless of the map.
That's very subjective. People who are ranked champion are people, not robots. Everyone has a map or two, which they just don't perform well on.

Anyways, there are no penalties currently if someone dashboards during the map loading screen.
overgrowth gets the dash for me!!
FL Crysis wrote:
I've watched streams where champs back out of certain maps all the time.
They're not really champs then haha

A real champ should be able to perform well regardless of the map.
That's very subjective. People who are ranked champion are people, not robots. Everyone has a map or two, which they just don't perform well on.

Anyways, there are no penalties currently if someone dashboards during the map loading screen.
Its not really that subjective though. Greatness is being able to perform well over and over again. A good Halo player is good at playing Halo, not just a guy who can do really good on these specific maps.

I know there's not a penalty, but I still think its a little silly.
Enjoy your ban after you start dashboarding...
i dont think it counts as a quit if you do it in the pregame lobby
I guess you'll find out
the game will just replace you in the pregame lobby. You are not quitting because you never made it into the game.
I might just try this. I've always hated quitters but strongholds on BTB is making me lose my marbles. The game type is somehow boring if your winning and absolute misery if your losing. I'll only do it on social though, doesn't hurt anything.
FL Crysis wrote:
I've watched streams where champs back out of certain maps all the time.
They're not really champs then haha

A real champ should be able to perform well regardless of the map.
That's very subjective. People who are ranked champion are people, not robots. Everyone has a map or two, which they just don't perform well on.

Anyways, there are no penalties currently if someone dashboards during the map loading screen.
Its not really that subjective though. Greatness is being able to perform well over and over again. A good Halo player is good at playing Halo, not just a guy who can do really good on these specific maps.

I know there's not a penalty, but I still think its a little silly.
But it is. [Insert any sport star] can't win [insert place, tournament/event, etc]. Even top/dominant sport stars struggle in a certain event. It does not make that person not great at what he or she does.

Speaking from experience at the champion rank, I have maps that I just can't do well on, (eg FFA fathom and overgrowth). Those maps are not suited for my playstyle. Like I said before, everyone has that one or couple maps which are there bane. Does not make them not a good player.
FL Crysis wrote:
FL Crysis wrote:
I've watched streams where champs back out of certain maps all the time.
They're not really champs then haha

A real champ should be able to perform well regardless of the map.
That's very subjective. People who are ranked champion are people, not robots. Everyone has a map or two, which they just don't perform well on.

Anyways, there are no penalties currently if someone dashboards during the map loading screen.
Its not really that subjective though. Greatness is being able to perform well over and over again. A good Halo player is good at playing Halo, not just a guy who can do really good on these specific maps.

I know there's not a penalty, but I still think its a little silly.
But it is. [Insert any sport star] can't win [insert place, tournament/event, etc]. Even those this star struggles in a certain ecent, it does not mean that person is not great at what he or she does.

Speaking from experience at the champion rank, I have maps that I just can't do well on, (eg FFA fathom and overgrowth). Those maps are not suited for my playstyle. Like I said before, everyone has that one or couple maps which are there bane. Does not make them not a good player.
A place is different than an event though. Plus, sports stars don't go into a match and say "Oh we're playing in City A today, their grass doesn't really work for me and I might not do well, so I'm going to leave".

That's fine to have maps that you don't do well on, but if a player is just as good as you on every other map, and that same level of good on that one bad map you have, they're better than you. You're right, it is subjective, but not to the point that a player can use a map as an excuse. I'm not saying that a player is bad at Halo because they have one bad map, but a great player is good on any map. I guess that's the point I'm trying to make.

I mostly made that comment because he said that they would back out just because of that map, that shows a lack of greatness more than playing on it and not doing so hot in my mind.
Enjoy your ban after you start dashboarding...
You dont get banned for dashboarding, been there done that.

Works perfectly fine.
You guys need to just play the game.
Enjoy your ban after you start dashboarding...
It doesn't count if you dashboard before the countdown starts, it'll find someone else to replace you. I dashboard everytime I get torque slayer and haven't been banned. I also quit occasionally and everytime I do that I get a nice hefty ban.

I've watched streams where champs back out of certain maps all the time.
They're not really champs then haha

A real champ should be able to perform well regardless of the map.
I have some bad news for you...champs aren't these good guys with high moral standards. Check champ 1 in slayer, played him last night. Pretty bad, he was boosting with 3 silvers, we beat them by 10. He was 2 when we played him, he's 1 now.
JCrysis86 wrote:
overgrowth gets the dash for me!!
Feel like overgrowth is harder to play as a team
Enjoy your ban after you start dashboarding...
i dont think it counts as a quit if you do it in the pregame lobby
Yes it does. Any sort of disconnect counts towards your ban. I know because I started doing that when I got Pegasus and I was slapped with a ban right away.
v Stoney v wrote:
Enjoy your ban after you start dashboarding...
It doesn't count if you dashboard before the countdown starts, it'll find someone else to replace you. I dashboard everytime I get torque slayer and haven't been banned. I also quit occasionally and everytime I do that I get a nice hefty ban.

I've watched streams where champs back out of certain maps all the time.
They're not really champs then haha

A real champ should be able to perform well regardless of the map.
I have some bad news for you...champs aren't these good guys with high moral standards. Check champ 1 in slayer, played him last night. Pretty bad, he was boosting with 3 silvers, we beat them by 10. He was 2 when we played him, he's 1 now.
Wait what? What's your point? I didn't say anything about morals...
Twizery wrote:
Enjoy your ban after you start dashboarding...
You dont get banned for dashboarding, been there done that.

Works perfectly fine.
Really? I swear I've been banned after only dashboarding...
Twizery wrote:
Enjoy your ban after you start dashboarding...
You dont get banned for dashboarding, been there done that.

Works perfectly fine.
Really? I swear I've been banned after only dashboarding...
you must of waited for the countdown
I've watched streams where champs back out of certain maps all the time.
They're not really champs then haha

A real champ should be able to perform well regardless of the map.
Some maps like riptide are one sided. The team that spawns at blue room and dunes has the advantage big time. Good luck trying to get a good team out of that set up as they pick you off with the beam rifle.
That doesn't change what I said. Being good is still the ability to be good on all maps.

Just because you spawn on the unbalanced side doesn't mean you have to stay there.

Anyways, I think its silly that you're going to dashboard out of matches based on the map.
When two teams are very closely matched, the initial spawn can determine the outcome of the game if the map is 1 sided.
I've watched streams where champs back out of certain maps all the time.
They're not really champs then haha

A real champ should be able to perform well regardless of the map.
Some maps like riptide are one sided. The team that spawns at blue room and dunes has the advantage big time. Good luck trying to get a good team out of that set up as they pick you off with the beam rifle.
That doesn't change what I said. Being good is still the ability to be good on all maps.

Just because you spawn on the unbalanced side doesn't mean you have to stay there.

Anyways, I think its silly that you're going to dashboard out of matches based on the map.
When two teams are very closely matched, the initial spawn can determine the outcome of the game if the map is 1 sided.
Still doesn't change what I said haha

In this scenario of the evenly matched team, one team was better than the other, regardless of the variable of the map. The better team will win.
I've watched streams where champs back out of certain maps all the time.
They're not really champs then haha

A real champ should be able to perform well regardless of the map.
Some maps like riptide are one sided. The team that spawns at blue room and dunes has the advantage big time. Good luck trying to get a good team out of that set up as they pick you off with the beam rifle.
That doesn't change what I said. Being good is still the ability to be good on all maps.

Just because you spawn on the unbalanced side doesn't mean you have to stay there.

Anyways, I think its silly that you're going to dashboard out of matches based on the map.
When two teams are very closely matched, the initial spawn can determine the outcome of the game if the map is 1 sided.
Still doesn't change what I said haha

In this scenario of the evenly matched team, one team was better than the other, regardless of the variable of the map. The better team will win.
it can give one team a couple easy kills in the beginning of the match so they can just sit back and keep that spawn. The losing team now is in a bad spot because they are the ones that have to chase a kill because they are down.
I've watched streams where champs back out of certain maps all the time.
They're not really champs then haha

A real champ should be able to perform well regardless of the map.
Some maps like riptide are one sided. The team that spawns at blue room and dunes has the advantage big time. Good luck trying to get a good team out of that set up as they pick you off with the beam rifle.
That doesn't change what I said. Being good is still the ability to be good on all maps.

Just because you spawn on the unbalanced side doesn't mean you have to stay there.

Anyways, I think its silly that you're going to dashboard out of matches based on the map.
When two teams are very closely matched, the initial spawn can determine the outcome of the game if the map is 1 sided.
Still doesn't change what I said haha

In this scenario of the evenly matched team, one team was better than the other, regardless of the variable of the map. The better team will win.
it can give one team a couple easy kills in the beginning of the match so they can just sit back and keep that spawn. The losing team now is in a bad spot because they are the ones that have to chase a kill because they are down.
So what? I understand what and unbalanced map is. Stop trying to define it for me. One team is still better than the other.
My initial post was about me dashboarding because of teammates quitting. Winning a game like that with teammates in party chat or not talking is pretty hard. No one picks up one shots which really sucks.
I unfortunately have to dashboard out of certain maps in BTB because the filters make it hard for me to focus and cause me to have seizures.

Please tell me you don't get banned for dashboarding...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5