Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

This is by far the best iteration of Infection.

OP omarlotrc

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 19
I have never had so much fun on a Halo game. I might be exaggerating a little, but seriously, this game mode is the most fun I've had on Halo 5: Guardians. I was skeptical about the AR starts at first, but after seeing the damage that the pistol can do, I'm very glad that we do not spawn with it. And for once, being an Infected is actually fun, and surviving is a lot more intense, which is how it should be! Good job, 343. Seriously, bravo. I can't wait to see what game variants and maps we'll be getting in the future!

EDIT 1: For those of you wondering, Alpha Zombies are not supposed to be completely invisible. The whole point of Camo is to make Alphas both invisible on your radar and harder to shoot.
Cool. I haven't gone in on infection yet but may do so tomorrow.
Cool. I haven't gone in on infection yet but may do so tomorrow.
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Deleted. I don't need to explain my reasoning.
I personally don't like it but its to each his own. Ill wait for custom games to get into matchmaking like it did with 3.
Yea I have not tried it yet. Still has to update. Can't wait
Must be nice. Meanwhile, my download has about another 17 hours to go to finish downloading. Not even exaggerating. I did the math.
Really? I like Halo 3 and Reach iterations a lot more. I don't like the weapon pick-ups at all and they make it so that the Humans are very overpowered. The exact thing that taking the starting Pistol away was supposed to stop. The maps aren't that good either. I don't know. It just doesn't do it for me.
Credit where credit is due. I think 343 have pulled off a very good iteration of infection in Halo 5. Many will be upset that they didn't go with traditional pistol starts, but I think they ultimately made the right call. The rush to scavenge weapons on the map leads to less camping, and the severely limited ammo makes sure that no camper survives too long. I was a bit concerned about the last man standing at first as I thought he might be too OP with infinite ammo and the extra shield, but he goes down surprisingly quick as long as the zombies rush him with numbers. The custom made maps in the playlist are also really good. I've played about 15 games so far and have enjoyed it very much.
It feels very campy to me. Depends on the map though.
Infection, Campy?
I feel that infection improved as well....because those headshots were crucial I played H2A infection on ascension and it was horrible.
It feels very campy to me.
Every Infection mode, ever...

You simply go into the mode expecting camping. It is a fundamental part of Infection.
AR does the job! Infection was a blast for me tonight. Good times.
I was surprised. I was mostly looking forward to customs but the default mode is awesome. Being able to customize starting ammunition is great. Ammo is a genuine concern for once. It creates tension and makes the game exciting.
Nothing can replace alpha zombies from reach, but this infection is epic!
Nothing better than tbagging campers that don't even camp well. haha.
Must be nice. Meanwhile, my download has about another 17 hours to go to finish downloading. Not even exaggerating. I did the math.
That sucks.
It's clear they've put a lot of effort in.
I don't like that there's always an alpha.

And the alpha has camo, and isn't on radar.

But at least you can pick up ammo.
Alphas only have 1/2 camo, you can still see them quite clearly due to the pestilence (greenish black wavy air) effect surrounding them. But I agree, this infection playlist is fun, it is pretty similar to Hivemind... plus, they remade the Halo 4 Hivemind map "Drillsite" in Halo 5, which is some nice fan service.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 19