Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] This is not Halo CE...Nerf the Pistol...

OP BBT2014

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 28
The pistol should not 3-4 shot across the map that's ridiculous...They should make it more like the Halo 3 one or H2A one...

Pistols should never be ran as a primary weapon...

Halo CE gets away with it because there is no BR or DMR
Pistols not a primary weapon? Excuse me!?!?!?!?!??!
completely disagree
lol
pistols in halo 2 and 3 were worthless....
the pistol in halo 5 has a huge skill gap...
better start practicing buddy!!
BBT2014 wrote:
The pistol should not 3-4 shot across the map that's ridiculous...They should make it more like the Halo 3 one or H2A one...

This pistol is 5-shot.
Make it like the Halo 2 or 3 pistol....please...GOD...no. The pistol being a viable mid-long range weapon is perfectly fine. Heck the weapon balancing across the board is pretty good. A good BR/DMR/Carbine player should be able to outshoot and Magnum more often than not.
completely disagree
lol
If they don't nerf this stupidly OP weapon I'm returning the game

So I'm not practicing -Yoink-
Ho. Le. -Yoink-. Shut up about the pistol. If you cannot compete, well, thats your fault. From distance, the DMR/BR is still better. The pistol allows you to have a chance against the range weapons at spawn.
BBT2014 wrote:
completely disagree
lol

Relax man - you'll get better and it'll start to click!
BBT2014 wrote:

Pistol is a 5sk and is probably in its niche perfectly as far as the H5 sandbox goes,

Pro-AR users were -Yoinking!- and moaning about BR starts, so we got AR/Pistol starts
The pistol needs to be a weapon that you can defend yourself against automatics with a higher ROF higher damage output AND now zoom capabilities
The pistol is probably right where it should be, strong enough to defend yourself but still uselsss enough that you should pick up a BR or DMR or Carbine when you see one

If you nerf the pistol then you have to nerf all the autos as well
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
The weapon you start with should be able to destroy people if used properly, and you should be able to control the map with it.
It's unfortunate 343 thought making that weapon be the pistol was a good idea. Starting weapon should've been a BR, and why they felt the need to change that, I'll never know.
BBT2014 wrote:
completely disagree
lol

Please do no one will be missed.
Erik L wrote:
The weapon you start with should be able to destroy people if used properly, and you should be able to control the map with it.
It's unfortunate 343 thought making that weapon be the pistol was a good idea. Starting weapon should've been a BR, and why they felt the need to change that, I'll never know.
Because then it just becomes a long range battle the whole time maybe? I think the pistol start is perfect because it promotes flow through the maps both by picking up weapons, and having to deal with range limitations at spawn.
I like the epic pistol worth AR starts better... More interesting games with better weapon diversity.
Erik L wrote:
That weapon should be the AR...

Pistol should be brought out if you run out of AR Bullets or need to switch to a secondary in a gunfight
onkruid26 wrote:
BBT2014 wrote:
completely disagree
lol

Please do no one will be missed.
If they don't fix problems the population will drop like flies

Not only I will leave there has been several threads on this issue
BBT2014 wrote:
completely disagree
lol

So instead of practicing and getting better you would rather just return the game? Sounds like halo isn't for you then.
The pistol is essentially a mini DMR. It takes 5 shots to kill (assuming the last shot goes to the head) but has a lower capacity, less range, and (I think) a lower rate of fire. I like it this way, all weapons should be useful.
BBT2014 wrote:
Erik L wrote:
That weapon should be the AR...

Pistol should be brought out if you run out of ARA Bullets or need to switch to a secondary in a gunfight
Why on earth should that weapon be a spray and pray weapon?
Halo has never been about rewarding randomness and it never should be

Sorry my friend but I'm going to use a pro-sprint argument on you here
"Its here to stay you either need to adapt or play something else"

The population probably won't sustain but pistol starts won't be the main cause of that
BBT2014 wrote:
completely disagree
lol

So instead of practicing and getting better you would rather just return the game? Sounds like halo isn't for you then.
How can I practice to solve a problem with the game?..

Ive played every Halo game Halo is for me

No Halo game since CE has had pistols this OP and CE had a valid reason...no BRs or DMRs
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 28