Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

This is the first Halo ever I cant(not won't) play

OP xXnightm4re 1Xx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Look! Another split screen complaint thread.
. And somewhere in there I met the girl who would become my wife. She hadn't played much for videogames, but eventually she got the hang of it and even enjoyed it.
Without a doubt you need to just buy your wife her own tv and her own X1. Seriously. You will have the time of you life and she will have her very own tv and X1. :)
Excellent idea! Can I borrow $1500? :-)
Its actually closer to $500.00 for a new X1 and an HDTV. I guess unless you are looking at getting a 60" 3d HDTV. No way you will spend $1,500 on a new X1 and hdtv.
Hey, go big or go home right? Thought I'd try.
Just think about it. How awesome of a surprise would that be for her to have her own X1 and her own TV. :)
I just had xbox One. Mine experience online with MCC was really bad.
But this halo, is magical. I find matches very fast (10sec or less). Lag free. No complain.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
So what do you do when you and her don't want to play the same game? If you can afford two tvs you can afford two of the same consoles. You are still very lucky in the fact that your wife is into gaming. My wife curses gaming even though I never play when she is at home. Count your blessings my friend and there is always COD which I am also a fan of.
Yes I do count my blessings she is a gamer, and like I said for now I will stick to MCC and GOW.
ShortySL wrote:
So when your thread title says can't (not won't) play, what you mean is that you won't play it? Nothing is preventing you from playing, you choose not to. I feel for you as I enjoy LEGO games alongside my wife, but your thread title is misleading.
Sorry to be misleading, just meant that I want to play the game, but can't make it the better decision in my mind.
. And somewhere in there I met the girl who would become my wife. She hadn't played much for videogames, but eventually she got the hang of it and even enjoyed it.
Without a doubt you need to just buy your wife her own tv and her own X1. Seriously. You will have the time of you life and she will have her very own tv and X1. :)
Wow dude. Like everyone has to spend around 1000$ just to play together. That's just not right bro.
So you missed the huge giant thread about splitscreen on this forum that has been at the top of page for many months before release and you say you follow waypoint? Granted it's not there now the game is about but for months before release the split screen thread was always at the top of the page pretty much. Sorry I can't really feel sorry for you. It will teach you though in future assume nothing and maybe read the back of the box next time you run to the store to pick a game up.
People shouldn't have to come to a forum
when purchasing a product. Items that were in the game once are now gone.
Splitscreen
fileshare
lobby is different, can't see other Spartans.
you can only use 1 req pack bundle
Etc, etc......

you wouldn't know any of this if you had not visited the forums.
I'll throw $10 your way if you create a "need another xbox to play halo w/wife" fundraiser. My halo story began exactly as yours, freshman in college never heard of the game until some buddies showed me. But it ended differently; my gf at the time, now wife (2 kids), could never get the hang of a fps!

And yea yea, its 1st world problems so don't flame me but I get where the OP is coming from.
Br4k3d0wN wrote:
Yeah, I wish they'd all just title them "Split Screen Rant Thread #45670" so we know what we're getting into. I'm all for criticisms, but this horse was beat to death, resurrected, beat down again, Frankensteined back together, beat down again, pureed and glued back together and is catching another flogging and not one of them has had any effect on 343's decision to drop it in favor of 60fps and other goals.

And it's not like it was unknown that this wouldn't be in here, so it all comes off like little children moaning about not getting their #1 gift on Christmas morning, while staring at a whole living room full of other really good gifts. "But I wanted my pony!"
Excellent idea! Can I borrow $1500? :-)
Its actually closer to $500.00 for a new X1 and an HDTV. I guess unless you are looking at getting a 60" 3d HDTV. No way you will spend $1,500 on a new X1 and hdtv.

And seriously you really don't want her to have her own X1 and her own TV? You would rather watch her sit and play on Facebook while you play H5?
Agreed, it must be viewed as an investment. Esp playing as long as they have been and how much enjoyment they both get out of it.
That is mocrosofts and 343 plans... Don't do it it's a trap
About fourteen years ago now (it's really been that long!?) I was a freshman in college. Not knowing a whole lot of people I happen to stumble in on a couple of guys playing this game called Halo. I sat down and was automatically hooked. I ended up spending most of my college years sitting around a tv with three friends trying to beat the four guys in the next room. And somewhere in there I met the girl who would become my wife. She hadn't played much for videogames, but eventually she got the hang of it and even enjoyed it.
Fast forward ten years, my now wife and I have beat every single Halo game together, as a team. We've played countless multiplayer games. We've laughed, cried, cursed each other, and given many high fives.This was the one thing that always brought us together, as most of our other hobbies differed.
I was unbelievably excited to go out and get Halo 5, I took off my lunch hour to go buy it and let it load so we could play it Tuesday night. We ate, put the kids to bed, and rushed downstairs. Only we could not sign in my wife's account on the game. I quickly searched google only to find an article from a couple months ago saying that Halo 5 will not have split screen. I thought it was a joke. My entire adult life had seen 6 halo games all with split screen. Almost every single hour of Halo I've ever played had been on split screen. I was amazed I hadn't seen this before, I follow waypoint and youtube, watch the halo channel, ect. Maybe I had seen it but not even realized it, brushing it off in my mind like it was uncontainable, developers would never take away this fundamental of the game.
So now here we are, I haven't even looked at my xbox since Tuesday night. What do I do? I only get a couple of hours a night, maybe twice a week, to spend with my wife (granted we aren't hauling the kids around somewhere and getting back too late anyway), and now I'm just supposed to sit by myself and play this game while my wife sits on facebook and pinterest, totally disconnected from each other for the next couple of years? No. I guess that's it then. While I could care less about Spartan abilities, loadouts, and all the other crap players complain about, 343i has taken away the one fundamental piece of this game that made it fun for not just me, but from what I can tell countless other players.
I realize that not everyone will care about split screen, and I have read the reasons why 343i took split screen out to make a better game, and I see how they can justify that in their minds. I know this post has been written a hundred times already, but I can only hope that if enough people speak up about it that 343i will take a good look at what they want to put in the next halo game. So please if you read this far and feel the same way, post a reply, hopefully 343i is listening. Until then I guess I'm going out to buy the GOW trilogy, play some MCC with my wife, and wait for GOW 4 to come out next year (which has been confirmed to have split screen), and cross my fingers that in 3-4 years I can play halo again.
I wish my wife would play Halo with me. :(
AKdave0 wrote:
So you missed the huge giant thread about splitscreen on this forum that has been at the top of page for many months before release and you say you follow waypoint? Granted it's not there now the game is about but for months before release the split screen thread was always at the top of the page pretty much. Sorry I can't really feel sorry for you. It will teach you though in future assume nothing and maybe read the back of the box next time you run to the store to pick a game up.
People shouldn't have to come to a forum
when purchasing a product. Items that were in the game once are now gone.
Splitscreen
fileshare
lobby is different, can't see other Spartans.
you can only use 1 req pack bundle
Etc, etc......

you wouldn't know any of this if you had not visited the forums.
Erm did I say that? Nope the guy cleary said he regularly follows Halo news and comes to waypoint. I was only pointing out a fact and due to that fact have no sympathy for OP. Had OP not said they regularly follow Halo news etc and just really enjoy the games so always buy the next one etc I may have felt some sympathy but in the case of the OP I just cannot have any.
It sucks, yeah, but all the graphics people kinf of forced their hand. Maybe take turns every death? Its still a fun game.
or do what Battlefront does and limit the game to 30fps on split screen, yes you will be at a disadvantage but at least you could play.
You mean the lesson of noy trusting 343i? Yrah I shall never trust them again and not take the most fundamental features for granted. Not everyone checks these forums daily like a creep.
Well, the wife is more important anyways, so at least you have your priorities straight! I commend you!
Thats going to be me with halo 6 :P
Br4k3d0wN wrote:
Yeah, I wish they'd all just title them "Split Screen Rant Thread #45670" so we know what we're getting into. I'm all for criticisms, but this horse was beat to death, resurrected, beat down again, Frankensteined back together, beat down again, pureed and glued back together and is catching another flogging and not one of them has had any effect on 343's decision to drop it in favor of 60fps and other goals.

And it's not like it was unknown that this wouldn't be in here, so it all comes off like little children moaning about not getting their #1 gift on Christmas morning, while staring at a whole living room full of other really good gifts. "But I wanted my pony!"
Once again as I said I'm just using this platform to voice my opinion in the hopes that 343i will hear enough to make a good decision based on feedback (which they tell you to give on this site) for the next game. If it was I would be asking for my money back and bashing 343i, which I am not trying to do.
Oh look its this topic again!
I feel your pain OP. My older brother introduced me to Halo when Halo: CE came out. He actually played Halo: CE multiplayer (I know it never 'came' with multiplayer) on the PC. He was in military school and I guess some military hacker guy told everyone how they could play against each other. Fast forward a few yrs later, and I get an Xbox for xmas. My bro gets me a copy of Halo 2. I play, love the hell out of it, and by the time Halo 3 comes out my younger brother is old enough to understand the concept of video games and how to play. We'd play countless split screen. & I always had that sh*t talking friend who would complain I only beat him in customs because 'his connection sucks', so we'd always settle the score via splitscreen. Can't do that anymore. Really hope they add it down the line
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3