Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

This Is Why The Veto System Should Have Returned

OP JOE DC 34

I literally have played the same map and gamemode 4 times in the row. It's ridiculous and seriously annoying. The amount of times playing the same map over and over makes me want to go to 343i, and choke slam the crap out of every employee.
But why would others veto that? The whole lobby probably didn't play the same thing in a row. If they vetoed, they would be risking playing the same game in a row lol
OP you're either lying or aren't telling the whole story. Halo 5 has straight up rotation. It is literally impossible to play the same map 4 times in a row unless you keep backing out or disconnecting.
But why would others veto that? The whole lobby probably didn't play the same thing in a row. If they vetoed, they would be risking playing the same game in a row lol
Gives them a chance if they don't want to play the map/gametype. Whether they already played it or not.
TJP37 wrote:
OP you're either lying or aren't telling the whole story. Halo 5 has straight up rotation. It is literally impossible to play the same map 4 times in a row unless you keep backing out or disconnecting.
No it's not lol

I've experienced playing the same map again and again with the same lobby, though I believe they patched it out so Idk
TJP37 wrote:
No it's not lol
I've experienced playing the same map again and again with the same lobby, though I believe they patched it out so Idk
I've played three consecutive matches on Deadlock for BTB. It is certainly not impossible. Unless there was a patch in the last 5 days, I'd rather not touch BTB, as half of my games were on Deadlock, so I'll stray away from it for fear of playing it for awhile.

Warzone is where I'll be if I want to play something with a lot of people in it, lol.
Veto would be better, but definitely don't put voting back. The rotation system we have now clearly doesn't do its job - people should never have to play on the same map three times in a row with no chance of input to change that, but I along with many have experienced this. Veto is the lesser of all three evils, ensuring variety to a degree but allowing strong influence on what is played especially when playing with teams who will usually decide collectively what they would rather keep or rather veto. I don't understand the argument against vetoes. It seems like the clear choice to me? It's essentially straight rotation with a "re-spin" option in case things go wrong.
I don't think your problem is lack of veto or voting OP, though it really needs to be implemented, instead I think what happens is after each game the server is reset or you enter another one, so the rotation restarts and you end up replaying maps and game types.
Agreed.
I've played Basin like 7 times in a row. I've played Truth 4 times in a row.
Here are a few more that are complaining (sorry if that sounds mean, I cant think of anyother word to describe this) about the crappy game rotation issues. I also am pissed with getting ONE gametype 90% of the time.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/75-of-swat-games-are-swatnums/d42af44b-1731-40bf-97cb-18c559caa4d0/posts

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/too-much-swatnums/fb2db97d-ad9b-459e-b9c2-01cfcc69b9ee/posts

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/lack-of-a-voting-system/e98027bd-48af-429d-b663-3144142467d5/posts
TJP37 wrote:
You haven't played much Halo 5 have you? It is quite common to play the same map 3 times in a row.
I used to hate the veto system, good maps and gametypes often got skipped in favor of playing the same garbage over and over.
Veto System? Why would we need that?

All we got are like 3 maps
I used to hate the veto system, good maps and gametypes often got skipped in favor of playing the same garbage over and over.
I don't know what game you were playing but the backup maps to a veto weren't always the same, and even that could be further randomized or attributed to what the players in the lobby have played least within a certain time period. Anything is better than a system that is completely random yet has the chance to pick the same bad map over and over and over. It's just as bad as in Reach where people voted The Cage over and over. In the veto system, there is the highest statistical chance to get a map everyone collectively likes and hasn't played in a while, because if the random rotation doesn't pick a map that fits those requirements, the players can ask the maps to be rotated again. The veto system is random rotation with regulation.
TJP37 wrote:
I find that more often than not ill play the same map I played last time, sometimes more 3-4 times before it changes.
I like having no veto system. I like more objective games and BTB/War Zone games, and I got tired of the constant Slayer games in previous versions. The only reason I'm not playing too much BTB, is the lack of REQ points rewarded.
I like the lack of a veto (who wants to play Haven/Lockout...again!) with that said, Everybody should have the option to stay in the lobby and wait for the next map instead playing Empire....again.

It would also help if we had more than 4 maps to play...