Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

This is why Warzone assault isn’t permanent.

OP Nofunnyideas

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
This

I just don’t know how anyone could enjoy this. Especially a casual warzone player or someone who is trying out halo on the gamepass and decided to check out the featured playlist. Most of the gamers who are just trying out assault will likely run into one of the 12 stacks and get spawn killed repeatedly. They would just simply be done, never toplay the mode again, ever. I had a level 22 teammate who went 1-13. Highest kill total on my team was 5. Why would they want to come back for some more of the same?

How is this still a thing? I mean teams were pulled from assault because of this spawn manipulation and “dogpilling objectives” (a very easy spawn system to manipulate btw) and nothing was changed when they were allowed back in? I don’t get it. Most of my former company stopped playing when teams were pulled from warzone. Was that all for nothing? Did you not fix anything?

Warzone assault is the closest thing weve had to invasion since reach. That’s why I love it so much. It’s a blast. But the glaring issues that needed fixing are still there. The playlist will never improve until fixes have been made. You’ve had over 3 years and the spawns are still a mess.

If you allow a team of 12 to match against randoms and allow for them to spam wasps. To spawn trap and slay while the req snowball grows bigger and bigger. Guess what? They’re going to spam wasps, spawn trap, and spawn kill and req heavy. I mean why wouldn’t they? They don’t give a crap about the health of the playlist, they don’t need reqs, most of them are already 152, they’re stats are already insane. They’re farming the playlist because you’re spawn system and matchmaking allow them to do so. That’s it. It starts and ends with 343.

Ive played 3 games today and all 3 were against teams of 12. Maybe, if you’re never going to actually fix some of the spawn issues in this game those 2 teams of 12 I played against could be matched against each other and I can play against the other small fireteams and solos currently searching. It’s a radical idea I know. But it just may be better than this mess that assault currently is in.

I just want my favorite social playlist back and somewhat functional.

Thanks.

Edit- farming and statting posts have been very common place in this forum. I want to be clear that my issue is with a spawn system that allows me to spawn with 4 players looking directly at me well within red reticle range. These guys have at least been ending games quickly and not statting for full games. I don’t want teams punished. I want spawns and matchmaking fixed. There has to be a better way.
bump to this, it is insane and ruining halo 5 warzone
I dunno, this round of assault has been the easiest for me in a long time. I have had very little spawn camping to deal with.
WZA is my favorite playlist (I recognize the OP as much from that gamemode as the forums) and since they removed the fireteam limits you have to contend with the toxic game that comes up now and then. For those of us that are used to this being the deal you know you have to cope with it, but for new players getting their feet wet our the regular players that went into hiding in Firefight to not ever have to contend with this kind of curb-stomping it's just not good for the gamemode/population.

My first game of this month's WZA was on Friday and it was immediately against a stacked 12 man fireteam. They rolled us and were efficient with a quick core when there was like 8 or 9 of us left. Kind of sucked that was my first game out of the gate, and I could mope about the other team having their top guys already at 152 and why they need a full team of 12 to deal with us randoms, but they can so I just have to deal with it. What I can't deal with is that after that ordeal was on the books when the next game was booting up in the lobby it was the same emblems for the same 12 man team that I was just fodder for. Something is very broken to get that draw twice in a row and I backed out to find some more balanced games. Fortunately all the games I've played since then have been normal as far as WZA pairings go.

It's not going to be fixed seeing that they haven't fixed it yet, the core spawns on Temple for the red team was pointed out over a year ago as arguably being one of the most broken things ever in the Halo franchise and they haven't done a thing except lift the fireteam limits. What really sucks that I'm grinding for 152 and when using the legendary XP boost cards I get trapped in matches not wanting to lose the XP so when I get a bad one I'm stuck in it to the end. For those of use willing to pony up actual cash for those boost packs it's not good business to lock us into broken matches, maybe they'll learn from that for Infinite.
Wow, I've never seen it that bad before.
qlimm wrote:
Wow, I've never seen it that bad before.
That’s nothing. You should see what 2 gauss hogs can do on prospect.

Im just blown away they Havnt adressed any of the spawns in assault. Like HLR Phoenix mentioned. Temple has been busted since it was added to the playlist
I have always said any one sided game type is total toilet. The only thing good about assault is games can end quickly and you get good XP/RP payout. One sided objective it has always been easy to spawn trap and farm. That has always been a thing in Halo, especially with organized teams. But what makes warzone assault worse is as they farm their req level goes up giving them better weapons faster to keep the pressure on. One thing I would like to see is maybe have every one's req level raise at the same rate so at least every one will have access to the same level of weapons. Would probably help some.
Warzone assault was honestly the only thing i played in H5, when they removed it I stopped playing. I never had issues w=like the ones you came across unless I played against a stacked team but even then you can always just find a different lobby when that one game is done. I dont know I just found it really fun and great way to get some kills when you're defending.
The one game I've had this month against a 12 stack was bad, but at least they cored us quickly (in 2 minutes and 21 seconds to be exact). It was frustrating, but it's Halo. Going against full teams as a solo is just something you have to deal with. Especially in social playlists.
Sadly common problem. I don't mind the mode usually for quick exp but when people are cheating in WZA then the only people that get punished is the people staying in-game or people that have to quit to get out of being spawn trapped. WZA general state is poorly handled and I'm surprised 343i hasn't found a way to prevent this type of behaviour, ban these type of players that are frequently using these to exploit the game-type since in it's current state it can become unplayable, for the people who can't fight back there stuck with 'afk' penalty's or quitting penalties while the people exploiting this game-type can get no punishments whatsoever. Seriously who thought this was a good idea to not change this?, it's been nearly 4 years roughly, nothing has been done to fix these issues. When they put it into 'rotation' I originally thought it was never coming back and I was even more surprised when it returned, found that nothing was changed...despite it being an unbalanced/broken game-type.

Sometimes the game-type is ok to play but the problem is these type of match's that OP has mentioned, shown proof of it physical proof that people are using this to exploit the game, ruin it for others.
ronnie42 wrote:
Sadly common problem. I don't mind the mode usually for quick exp but when people are cheating in WZA then the only people that get punished is the people staying in-game or people that have to quit to get out of being spawn trapped. WZA general state is poorly handled and I'm surprised 343i hasn't found a way to prevent this type of behaviour, ban these type of players that are frequently using these to exploit the game-type since in it's current state it can become unplayable, for the people who can't fight back there stuck with 'afk' penalty's or quitting penalties while the people exploiting this game-type can get no punishments whatsoever. Seriously who thought this was a good idea to not change this?, it's been nearly 4 years roughly, nothing has been done to fix these issues. When they put it into 'rotation' I originally thought it was never coming back and I was even more surprised when it returned, found that nothing was changed...despite it being an unbalanced/broken game-type.

Sometimes the game-type is ok to play but the problem is these type of match's that OP has mentioned, shown proof of it physical proof that people are using this to exploit the game, ruin it for others.
Well I personally wouldn’t go as far to say it’s cheating.
Are they exploiting a poorly designed spawn system? Absolutely yes.

Does the current matchmaking allow for grossly uneven games? Absolutely yes.

Do the gamers who run on these teams and spawn trap and kill like this care at all about the playlists population or health? Absolutely not.

But it I don’t see how any of the above could be close to bannable at all, and don’t see how they’re cheating. They’re not manipulating network or game coding or using modded controllers. . Sadly the only action that may be taken to address these things is the reimplementation of a fireteam size restriction is assault. I wish 343 would have just made changes to the gamemode itself and the matchmaking parameters but were way past that point. Either nothing gets done( most likely ). Or teams get kicked again (also bad for the playlist).

Assault hasnt really recieved much of any tlc in its lifespan. It’s too bad. Almost every other playlist has been tweaked and refreshed at least once.
ronnie42 wrote:

Do the gamers who run on these teams and spawn trap and kill like this care at all about the playlists population or health? Absolutely not.

But it I don’t see how any of the above could be close to bannable at all, and don’t see how they’re cheating. They’re not manipulating network or game coding or using modded controllers. . Sadly the only action that may be taken to address these things is the reimplementation of a fireteam size restriction is assault. I wish 343 would have just made changes to the gamemode itself and the matchmaking parameters but were way past that point. Either nothing gets done( most likely ). Or teams get kicked again (also bad for the playlist).

Assault hasnt really recieved much of any tlc in its lifespan. It’s too bad. Almost every other playlist has been tweaked and refreshed at least once.
Tell me...how is 'exploiting the game to gain an advantage' not cheating?...it's stated "game glitches to gain an advantage or disrupt the game for others", which is defined by Microsoft as cheating. Sounds like it's both exploiting a game, disrupting a game for others, that's a fact.
"Do the gamers who run on these teams and spawn trap and kill like this care at all about the playlists population or health? " of course they don't care, are hurting the game.
The fact that you don't believe this is 'cheating' makes no sense
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

Tell me...how is 'exploiting the game to gain an advantage' not cheating?...it's stated "game glitches to gain an advantage or disrupt the game for others", which is defined by Microsoft as cheating. Sounds like it's both exploiting a game, disrupting a game for others, that's a fact.
"Do the gamers who run on these teams and spawn trap and kill like this care at all about the playlists population or health? " of course they don't care, are hurting the game.
Because they’re not exploiting a glitch. They’re using a very poorly implemented spawns to their advantage. Anyone can do so and I don’t see the rules that make this illegal. It’s just as frustrating to me to deal with as it is to you. But we can all push a enemy spawn and it’s something I do routinely in assault. It’s up to the game designers to make sure that you don’t spawn with 5 guys looking at you when you spawn.

I dont think punishing these players is the answer. Tweaking the game and tightening matchmaking is.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

Because they’re not exploiting a glitch. They’re using a very poorly implemented spawns to their advantage. Anyone can do so and I don’t see the rules that make this illegal. It’s just as frustrating to me to deal with as it is to you. But we can all push a enemy spawn and it’s something I do routinely in assault. It’s up to the game designers to make sure that you don’t spawn with 5 guys looking at you when you spawn.

I dont think punishing these players is the answer. Tweaking the game and tightening matchmaking is.
Except they are...how is it that many good teams never have this issue?, yet these teams can do them flawlessly?, because there are exploiting the glitch to gain an advantage.
Maybe the word needs a better definition.... like "disrupting the game for others"....hence what it does.

So you don't want a punishment for people cheating but oddly ok with punishments for people being exploited, that makes sense because?....sounds kind of shady to me.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

I have never seen a rule against spawn trapping so it is not cheating IMO. Sure it sucks when a team can do it but they are playing the game as it's designed. They aren't doing anything outside the rules really. Spawn trapping has always been a thing in Halo. It's just that warzone has a poor design so it's easier to do.
LethalQ wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

I have never seen a rule against spawn trapping so it is not cheating IMO. Sure it sucks when a team can do it but they are playing the game as it's designed. They aren't doing anything outside the rules really. Spawn trapping has always been a thing in Halo. It's just that warzone has a poor design so it's easier to do.
Literally just quoted a rule........ "game glitches to gain an advantage or disrupt the game for others". Spawn camping leads to an advantage by exploiting a 'game exploit', 'disrupts the game for others'. Every developer has to deal with possible problems like spawn camping and is a common issue with any/all dev's to try fix it. It makes no sense whatsoever to try claim this isn't cheating. Just because it exists in most games...does not mean dev's don't try to prevent them, it shouldn't be used as an excuse to cheat, ruin it for others. Anyway obvious where this thread is going... /thread for me.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

Except they are...how is it that many good teams never have this issue?, yet these teams can do them flawlessly?, because there are exploiting the glitch to gain an advantage.
Maybe the word needs a better definition.... like "disrupting the game for others"....hence what it does.

So you don't want a punishment for people cheating but oddly ok with punishments for people being exploited, that makes sense because?....sounds kind of shady to me.
I think anyone who cheats at a game needs to be system and gt banned for life from that franchise. I’m definitely not for protecting cheaters at all. You code on pc. Use a modded controller. Ddos in ptp connections. All those things should have you removed for life.

However i maintain that this video I posted , however toxic and absurd it is currently is not against the rules, it is terrible for the gamemode and is in desperate need of addressing, but these guys are not cheating. Now weather or not microsoft needs to discuss changing those rules is another conversation.

In the life of halo 5 I’ve only really seen 2 issues that I think are ban worthy. 1 is using a modded controller in online pvp. The other was glitching into the armoury walls from a mongoose. Those are both perfect examples of cheating in this game and the individuals who have ever done them should have been removed from halos existence. Period.
ronnie42 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

Literally just quoted a rule........ "game glitches to gain an advantage or disrupt the game for others". Spawn camping leads to an advantage by exploiting a 'game exploit', 'disrupts the game for others'. Every developer has to deal with possible problems like spawn camping and is a common issue with any/all dev's to try fix it. It makes no sense whatsoever to try claim this isn't cheating. Just because it exists in most games...does not mean dev's don't try to prevent them, it shouldn't be used as an excuse to cheat, ruin it for others. Anyway obvious where this thread is going... /thread for me.
The game doesn't glitch though.... That is worded more for network manipulation...or breaking out of maps... Not just knowing where players may spawn to attack them right away. That is playing the game as it is designed.
It’s not cheating IMO. More a ‘don’t hate the player but hate the game’ kind of thing.

Its just a poorly implemented design exasperated by a matchmaking system that doesn’t take any real variables into account. Fortunately it doesn’t happen enough to stop me playing the mode and an equally matched game is a lot of fun when you get them.

I do think there were WZA tweaks done on the Temple map. The red team’s initial spawn outside the armory with their backs to it isn’t how I recalled that map when it launched. I had a fairly reliable trick I used to do for the first strike medal that is now impossible if you’re not the one guy who actually spawns near the armory. I have my thoughts why they would tweak it but they certainly overcooked it when you factor the red team spawn location for the core.
WZA can become highly unbalanced with organized teams v randoms - fixed spawns, highly dominant vehicles and weapons. The worst part is where you have just had 5 minutes of spawn killing and they let the objective be taken to just repeat it all again. I tend not to spawn in at all - generally there's a 60 counter that forces you to spawn - and go do some housework. Alternatively spawn in with Invis and go sit somewhere under cover on the map if possible.

There's not much of solution with a thinning population - I'm struggling to get games in Team Arena and FFA and used to really enjoy WZA until facing the same team 3 games in a row. Went to Star Wars BF2 instead for a while.

I'd actually like to see this game mode free of vehicles - Ghosts are annoying at lower tiers and then there are some truly skilled players that can use the Banshee or the Wasp far beyond what an uncoordinated team of randoms can manage.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3