[Locked] This Radar is terrible!

OP Rock Solid069

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 19
I've been a Halo fan since Combat Evolved and love all the games. I like most of the gameplay elements of Halo 5, but this radar range is ridiculously small.

I can't even tell there's somebody there before i hear the spartan charge behind me and boom its either too late or I just make it out of the way in the nick of time via thrusting.

I can't tell you how many times I find myself cussing this radar for the lack of range it has!
It's not it works just you have to check it
The radar seems fine to me. Just be aware of your surroundings.
Nooga wrote:
The radar seems fine to me. Just be aware of your surroundings.
Exactly! The tools you have don't work if you are unable to check them...
Come on guys..it's not even close to the range of Halo 4...
It's terrible. I passionatly hate H5 radar. Useful radar is partly what makes Halo unique. 343 took a huge step backwards with this one.
I've been a Halo fan since Combat Evolved and love all the games. I like most of the gameplay elements of Halo 5, but this radar range is ridiculously small.

I can't even tell there's somebody there before i hear the spartan charge behind me and boom its either too late or I just make it out of the way in the nick of time via thrusting.

I can't tell you how many times I find myself cussing this radar for the lack of range it has!
It's terrible. I passionatly hate H5 radar. Useful radar is partly what makes Halo unique. 343 took a huge step backwards with this one.
Agree with both of these statements whole heartedly.
But at the same time..
Nooga wrote:
Just be aware of your surroundings.
It's terrible. I passionately hate H5 radar. Useful radar is partly what makes Halo unique. 343 took a huge step backwards with this one.
THIS!.
It's terrible. I passionately hate H5 radar. Useful radar is partly what makes Halo unique. 343 took a huge step backwards with this one.
THIS!.
EXACTLY!! I don't understand the logic of making the Spartan's faster and making the radar smaller...just makes no sense!

Also, why in the heck are the other team unable to be seen on the radar unless sprinting!
The lack of radar is part of what makes automatics so powerful. An increased radar would widen the skill gap (with maybe the exception of pro teams) and even further demoralize new players. I agree that it would be awesome FOR ME AND YOU, but it would hurt the game overall.
It works fine for me...
It's actually a motion tracker. Not a radar.
The lack of radar is part of what makes automatics so powerful. An increased radar would widen the skill gap (with maybe the exception of pro teams) and even further demoralize new players. I agree that it would be awesome FOR ME AND YOU, but it would hurt the game overall.
I disagree, I think it would close the skill gap. Simply because you would see a lot less people getting jumped from behind within a split second of turning their backs. I have lost count of the times I literally turn my back and out of nowhere somebody is assassinating me. This NEVER happened to me in any of the prior halo games.
Absolutely. Especially with all the new movement mechanics and.......spartan charge.

One of my favorite parts of previous Halos was the motion sensor. It was good fun using it to outsmart your opponent.
Absolutely. Especially with all the new movement mechanics and.......spartan charge.

One of my favorite parts of previous Halos was the motion sensor. It was good fun using it to outsmart your opponent.
I agree. I firmly feel like this is one of the reasons why some people say - "It just doesn't feel like Halo". Because from that perspective they are right. One of the beauties of Halo's past was you didn't have to worry about people sneaking up on you like what you see in COD and BF. It was a great way of leveling the playing field so to speak. now that's more or less gone. You have either have to camp in a corner to avoid somebody walking up behind you Or constantly run to avoid it.
Stop -Yoinking!- whining about motion sensor range. Time and time again, it's been explained, stop depending on it. It's only intended for close range. Otherwise, use your brain.

Spartan charge is meant to counteract motion sensor, but at a cost of risk.

Haters hate because they can't adapt.
Stop -Yoinking!- whining about motion sensor range. Time and time again, it's been explained, stop depending on it. It's only intended for close range. Otherwise, use your brain.

No, haters hate because the stupidly small radar is terrible and promotes a style of gameplay that is super competitive for the pro teams. But what about the rest of the world who don't want to me super competitive? With this ridiculously tiny radar, you're forced to communicate with your teammates, and to do that, you need to play with friends. But... All of my friends have given up on Halo because this is 343i's third failure in a row.

The radar has always had a range of 25m in Halo. Always. Until now, where it's 18. But wait, not only is the radar smaller, but Spartans move around faster due to Sprint, and maps are bigger. So how does it make any bloody sense whatsoever to have a smaller radar?

I can adapt, but it sucks. Hard.

So, it's been explained time and time again that the small radar is not accepted by many fans. You like it? Good. I'm glad. But many people don't, so don't go and belittle people and tell them to "adapt" because they disagree with your condescending opinion.
weird i havent noticed anything wrong with the radar yet
Hotrod192 wrote:

No, haters hate because the stupidly small radar is terrible and promotes a style of gameplay that is super competitive for the pro teams. But what about the rest of the world who don't want to me super competitive? With this ridiculously tiny radar, you're forced to communicate with your teammates, and to do that, you need to play with friends. But... All of my friends have given up on Halo because this is 343i's third failure in a row.

The radar has always had a range of 25m in Halo. Always. Until now, where it's 18. But wait, not only is the radar smaller, but Spartans move around faster due to Sprint, and maps are bigger. So how does it make any bloody sense whatsoever to have a smaller radar?

I can adapt, but it sucks. Hard.

So, it's been explained time and time again that the small radar is not accepted by many fans. You like it? Good. I'm glad. But many people don't, so don't go and belittle people and tell them to "adapt" because they disagree with your condescending opinion.
If halo is too competitive, play battlefront or battefield, plain and simple. I play with friends and solo equally and it still doesn't make the game any harder.

EDIT: Better yet, I can play with you and 2 other randoms just to prove that the radar doesn't affect me. Feel free not to talk, it's not necessary.
Meh, I can adapt. That doesnt mean the motion tracker doesnt suck.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 19