2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 19
It's not that the range of the motion senor is too short, in face in theory a smaller motion sensor is better for competitive play

What really makes the motion tracker useless is all the gimicky movement crap that's in the game
On its own the 18m motion tracker is fine
but when you add the 18m motion tracker with a spartan charge from 25m away with super huge magnetism, sprint, slide and automatic weapons that function a little too well at mid range, well that's when the 18m motion tracker becomes a proble
It's not that the range of the motion senor is too short, in face in theory a smaller motion sensor is better for competitive play

What really makes the motion tracker useless is all the gimicky movement crap that's in the game
On its own the 18m motion tracker is fine
but when you add the 18m motion tracker with a spartan charge from 25m away with super huge magnetism, sprint, slide and automatic weapons that function a little too well at mid range, well that's when the 18m motion tracker becomes a problem
Science
Just when I see a red dot coming at me there was no way I could avoid his spartan charge so yeah they need to buff it up to 25 meters.
The magnetism of the charge is wide!
I just want a little bigger radar, not too large
halo 3 it was 25m. now its 12.5 or something. basically useless.
if they made it 20M meters I would be fine with that.
If they made it 16m I would be fine with that.
That's way too small to be useful. doing that will make everything too call of duty.
So having something that doesn't aid the player as much and forces the use of "skill"......is CoD-ish? smh
Yeah I hate it too, like I don't pick anything up from behind me on the radar
The ability to feel like some hunter, going 90% off of the motion tracker is mostly gone. People sprout up out of thin air, its ridiculous. I must say Reach/H4 also spoilt me with the great addition of shape difference so I could tell people were above or below, now with this tracker its ambiguous - heck the amount of times the tracker says someone is on the same level as me and the next thing I see them CLIMB up to get me, WHAAAAT?!?!

The tracker is very broken. Lore wise, yeah pretty cool, with Spartan's being faster than the trackers ability to track, the whole 'trust your eyes, machines break' ethos Mendez instilled; but for gameplay? No fun, feels like I get killed cheaply too many times by people literally running around with no fear of their blundering assault being discovered and countered...and they are right/rewarded thanks to the piss-poor motion tracker in H5
I try to rely on my hearing and situational awareness more. Helps a lot if you have a headset or surround sound. You can hear them behind you 7 outta 10 times.
once I was playing zombies and I saw on the radar that a bunch of zombies walked past me I was hehe suckers the radar works fine just learn how to use it
I've been a Halo fan since Combat Evolved and love all the games. I like most of the gameplay elements of Halo 5, but this spartan charge range is ridiculously huge.

I can't even see the guy on my radar before i hear the spartan charge behind me and boom its either too late or I just make it out of the way in the nick of time via thrusting.

I can't tell you how many times I find myself cussing this spartan charge for the excess of range it has!
Fixed it for you OP.
when i first started playing halo 5 i was always looking at the radar to find any ambush opportunities, but it turns out i got constantly killed because the range was to damn small, unlike halo 4, which had about double the range
I agree it doesn't have enough range anymore
Agreed, the Halo 5 radar is only useful for close quarters. 343 seemed to have screwed up everything.
The range sucks.
I've been a Halo fan since Combat Evolved
Course you have mate, just like every single one of us has on waypoint.
Get a grip, we can check if you really have played the classics by simply checking whether or not it shows in your service record
In the beta the radar was 30m
That was quite OP really, eventho everyone had it
Emblyne wrote:
Come on guys..it's not even close to the range of Halo 4...
Halo 4's radar was a little to strong in my op. There was little / no opportunity to surprise people.
Historically speaking that is one of the things that separated Halo from other shooters. In prior games in was more like a high speed chess match in that you always fight your opponent head on and you would try to maneuver to coax them into a fight where you had the advantage or think you had the advantage. Now that is completely gone. Now its very Call of duty like in that you do your best to get First shot. First shot wins if both players are equal in skill. That is the reality. the crap radar encourages camping because a player wants to play the area of the map that fits their play style, so they at least have a good chance at not being charged. the elite players on here don't understand this or care, simply because they have superior skills and the lack of radar actually helps them due to their play style.
Tintreg wrote:
It's actually a motion tracker. Not a radar.
Really you're gonna pull that but wait dont they work the same way just Radar has the spinny line.
I've been a Halo fan since Combat Evolved
Course you have mate, just like every single one of us has on waypoint.
Get a grip, we can check if you really have played the classics by simply checking whether or not it shows in your service record
Ever heard of losing accounts?
I have to admit I believed it to be a motion senser rather than a radar, i might be wrong tho
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 19