Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

This will fix Halo. 343, please read.

OP PurplePowErX6

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
It has come to my attention that Halo 5 has become less and less satisfying for me and my friends. We have resorted to playing other games, such as Battlefield 4, because it is a strong multiplayer game that sticks to its core values as an original game series.

I want to make a few suggestions for the next Halo game, so the game can be found more satisfying for more people, old and new halo fans.

1. BETTER ARTSTYLE AND SOUNDS
- This can be done my combining the art styles of Halo 2: Anniversary and Halo Wars 2 (trailer, very gritty, etc). This game went from M to T ratings because they removed blood from the game. I enjoyed the gritty-ness of the older halos. The sounds in H5 also sound too poppy and gross as my opinion. The sounds could be fixed by also sounding grittier and more realistic.

2. FULL GAME AT LAUNCH
- It is a huge irritation how 343 had to be given so many tips just to get a couple things right and back in the game, such as color customization, and original game modes. Game modes and Halo-needed originals need to be in the game by launch, including Infection and all other original game types, like race, and weapons and vehicles as well.

3. MORE VARIATION OF WEAPONS AND VEHICLES
- And no. I do not mean the same weapons with faster fire rate. I mean more types of assault rifles and DMRs with different stats of things such as RoF, recoil, range, damage, etc. There could also be more and different vehicles, particularly flying vehicles and TEAM vehicles. The falcon was a great example of a team-needed UNSC vehicle. Most of the vehicles are mainly one-man-only operations.

4. SPRINT AND SPARTAN ABILITIES TWEAKED
- Sprint should just be LIMITED to solve the problem. Done. I remember there not being nearly as many complaints about sprint back in the days of Halo 4 as there are now. Spartan abilities should be a bit different as well. In my opinion, Spartan Charge should be removed, because of its non-sensical way of boosting and floating across a floor to hit someone and sometimes killing them instantly. Not very realistic.

5. MORE GAMETYPES
- OK. Here's the thing. If you add more game types, people will want to play Halo more, building a bigger fan base, then growing the community together. 343 needs to not be afraid of not having players in a few servers. JUST ADD MORE GAME TYPES. Simple.

6. LESS ARMORS AND MORE UNIQUE
- When you have this many armors in the game, it gets hard to tell them apart, because there are so many. Half of the armors in H5 should be deleted from the game. The other half should be made more unique and different in variation so they can be told apart more easily.

SUMMARY
I like Halo, and I do not want it to die out because there were a lot of screw-ups, yet these things NEED TO BE CHANGED. I want to help fix Halo, and you can help too. Here below are the list of grievances that this community has been holding onto. Feel free to list more grievances in a positive feedback response in the comments.

List of grieves:
Gamemodes
Artstyle (Make them more realistic and gritty WITH BLOOD)
Sounds (Again, more realistic and gritty)
Spartan Abilities
Sprint (JUST LIMIT IT)
Warzone (If planned on keeping it, add more bases and things that can't screw your team over so easily and different objectives, just my suggestion)
Full game at launch (!)
Better Campaign (Story fell apart so easily)
Gametypes
Better maps (Be more creative instead of taking pieces of other maps and shoving it as one "new" map)
OP weapons
Spawn killing in Warzone (Again, add bigger spaces to take objectives with, and more of them)

Please, share what you think. Be respectful.
It's good to see ideas like this. Agree with most, but to top the list, removal of RNG unlocks. This is my biggest problem with the game. I've been playing since launch and I still haven't unlocked what I want (and no it's not the mythic blue team/ Osiris gear). Note- I'm not talking about the Microtransaction, I'm referring to unlocking everything completely randomly.
Halo 2 anniversary was very clean and polished looking. There was nothing gritty about both the campaign or multiplayer.

Halo looks best when it's bright, colorful, and visually clean. That's why Halo CE/A and Halo 2/A Keep up so well on a graphics standpoint.
Oh look, it's THIS thread again.
This game doesn't need a fix. The game is building on what everyone is complaining about. Every art style has been different between Halo games yet still reflect Halo, just like this game does. Is it different? Yeah. Tailored to your preference? No. Variations in weapons and vehicles? Umm...there is, quite a bit actually. The Spartan abilities do not require tweaking, whatsoever. The mechanics are balanced enough. Game modes are being added, catering to both casual and competitive. The sound in this game is crisp. The maps are designed to the abilities. The maps are designed for Halo 5, not previous Halos. These maps are unique, challenging. Yes, go play Battlefield that is repetitive and lacks any advancements in anything, but they're "sticking to core values". Halo 5 is Halo. It's just, well...5..and not CE or 2 or 3 or 4..as it shouldn't be. I play one Battlefield game and the next one feels the EXACT same. And the campaign is more of a series..a build up for the next game. It wasn't difficult to figure that out. And you can easily counter all the problems in Warzone just by playing smarter alone. Halo 5 > Battlefield.
  • Pretty sure more gamemodes are being worked on. As said by them when they first teased about Grifball and assault. They are probably remaking it and refining it. They don't want just a straight up remake, they want to make it special. You could essentially make king of the hill with strongholds however but it would be more team based
  • Art style did not change that much. There is blood, when you slash someone with energy sword it comes right out of them. It just doesn't end up on the floor. Gritty made my eyes hurt a lot. Halo 3 was very vibrant
  • And a regular melee someone that lunges you 4 feet makes sense too? Spartan charge makes the most sense for a cqc attack. And at least you can miss too unlike a melee. And the recovery phase oh man, you would be dead by the time you fire after a spartan charge. So you better make sure you hit someone lol.
  • Sprint is limited to your shields. If you want your shields up don't sprint. If you want to run then your shields better be up. Not only that you can also be knocked out of sprint if you get hit enough.
  • There are a huge variations of weapons and vehicles... And I'm pretty sure they are adding hell of a lot more. Pretty sure they want to keep team-based vehicles only to warthogs.
  • What came at launch was something you should have expected to get as it was listed. And I'm pretty sure bungie had to cut stuff out of their games for it to be finished too. And then what, we have to pay for it? Yeah no. Here if you have a guilty conscious then go buy a warzone req bundle or an arena req bundle. You are still getting a large worth of your money. 343 did not know what we wanted so we had to make posts of it in many different sites so they can get an idea of it. Forge was the obvious thing and was largely being developed but at least we didn't have to pay an extra 20 dollars for it.
  • Only way to make armors more unique is by having more armor customization.
I disagree with just two thing: 343's artstyle is way better in my opinion (Hydra launcher is badass). The sounds are very satisfying. They don't need to change it just for nostalgia. (why do you want blood so much?)
And, limit the sprint is not very cool idea.
Agree with other points.
I disagree with just two thing: 343's artstyle is way better in my opinion (Hydra launcher is badass). The sounds are very satisfying. They don't need to change it just for nostalgia. (why do you want blood so much?)
And, limit the sprint is not very cool idea.
Agree with other points.
I'm just giving ideas. I want to make a change to Halo that both old and new fans can agree on.

Also, blood I only want in Halo so bad because it was in every other Halo game. It was one of those little things that made Halo, Halo. At least to me it did.
TeNASTYY wrote:
The Spartan abilities do not require tweaking, whatsoever. The mechanics are balanced enough
Spartan charge would like to have a word with you
OP, completely agree. Just if this was for Halo 6, keep all the spartan abilities except sprint, which should go back to Halo 4 style (recharges while sprinting) because it makes for faster gameplay. Definitely with you in the team bit, cause since 343 took over we are getting more solo things, like removing splitscreen and having the warthog the only teamworking vehicle. Would like to see more team stuff. How about a ramped up warzone? like 20v20 or something? BF supports like 32v32, so i dont see why it couldnt be done. They also need more PERMANENT matchmaking options. Temporary weekend playlists just aint gonna cut it. All in all, I like the gameplay, but for me, its too plastic looking. Btw, 2/3rds of the armour are remixs. Next time they need just more entirely different ones, rather than same ones with a different colour scheme.
It has come to my attention that Halo 5 has become less and less satisfying for me and my friends. We have resorted to playing other games, such as Battlefield 4, because it is a strong multiplayer game that sticks to its core values as an original game series.

I want to make a few suggestions for the next Halo game, so the game can be found more satisfying for more people, old and new halo fans.

- This can be done my combining the art styles of Halo 2: Anniversary and Halo Wars 2 (trailer, very gritty, etc). This game went from M to T ratings because they removed blood from the game. I enjoyed the gritty-ness of the older halos. The sounds in H5 also sound too poppy and gross as my opinion. The sounds could be fixed by also sounding grittier and more realistic.

2. FULL GAME AT LAUNCH
- It is a huge irritation how 343 had to be given so many tips just to get a couple things right and back in the game, such as color customization, and original game modes. Game modes and Halo-needed originals need to be in the game by launch, including Infection and all other original game types, like race, and weapons and vehicles as well.

- And no. I do not mean the same weapons with faster fire rate. I mean more types of assault rifles and DMRs with different stats of things such as RoF, recoil, range, damage, etc. There could also be more and different vehicles, particularly flying vehicles and TEAM vehicles. The falcon was a great example of a team-needed UNSC vehicle. Most of the vehicles are mainly one-man-only operations.

- Sprint should just be LIMITED to solve the problem. Done. I remember there not being nearly as many complaints about sprint back in the days of Halo 4 as there are now. Spartan abilities should be a bit different as well. In my opinion, Spartan Charge should be removed, because of its non-sensical way of boosting and floating across a floor to hit someone and sometimes killing them instantly. Not very realistic.

5. MORE GAMETYPES
- OK. Here's the thing. If you add more game types, people will want to play Halo more, building a bigger fan base, then growing the community together. 343 needs to not be afraid of not having players in a few servers. JUST ADD MORE GAME TYPES. Simple.

- When you have this many armors in the game, it gets hard to tell them apart, because there are so many. Half of the armors in H5 should be deleted from the game. The other half should be made more unique and different in variation so they can be told apart more easily.

SUMMARY
I like Halo, and I do not want it to die out because there were a lot of screw-ups, yet these things NEED TO BE CHANGED. I want to help fix Halo, and you can help too. Here below are the list of grievances that this community has been holding onto. Feel free to list more grievances in a positive feedback response in the comments.

List of grieves:
Gamemodes
Spartan Abilities
Sprint (JUST LIMIT IT)
Warzone (If planned on keeping it, add more bases and things that can't screw your team over so easily and different objectives, just my suggestion)
Full game at launch (!)
Gametypes
Better maps (Be more creative instead of taking pieces of other maps and shoving it as one "new" map)
OP weapons
Spawn killing in Warzone (Again, add bigger spaces to take objectives with, and more of them)

I agree with most of what you say. My exceptions are 3 and 4.
3) More variations of weapons and vehicles: This is actually one of my biggest annoyances with Halo 5; the amount of slightly different variants of weapons and vehicles. We have 24 different types of warthogs, several of which are merely just reskins! It's annoying because it decreases my chance of obtaining other reqs besides wathogs. We simply have too many vehicles. Less variants, more unique vehicles. Why not add vehicles to the game that no one has seen in a main title?? Like vehicles from Halo Wars. That would be interesting at the least. As for weapons, same applies. We need more interesting weapons with new mechanics, not upgraded variants(even though the gravimetric vortex variants are sweet, but I digress).

4) Sprint and Spartan abilities tweaked: Sprint has a special place in my heart. The deep, dark corner in which all the things I strongly dislike in life reside. Sprint does not need to be limited, it simply needs to be removed. It disrupts map design heavily, and every game mechanic has to be tweaked to accommodate Sprint. It doesn't make sense to change the fundamental mechanics of the game so that one, overly used, generic movement feature can be shoehorned in. Tweaking Sprint will not help map design, weapon mechanics, health mechanics, etc, because it is still present.
Spartan abilites are something entirely different. I'm glad 343I is experimenting with new things, and that's fine, but these mechanics don't work for Halo either, at least in their current state. Spartan charge should involve a charge up time, same with thruster packs, and players should be able to see another Spartan's ground pound impact point. If none of these changes are possible, which I don't see why, then at least add a classic playlist that doesn't include any of the Spartan abilities or Sprint. This would satisfy many players, and may even bring some disappointed fans back into the mix, which ultimately helps population, growth, and longevity.
Oh look, another one of these threads, time to nullify it with one statement. *Ahem* This is only your OPINION, this is not FACT, don't try to validate your opinion as fact with "This is what NEEDS to be changed, because I can't take off my nostalgia goggles". I am not saying that you can't have your opinion, that is fine, I for one agree with some parts of your statement, but for the most part I like Halo 5, and looking forward to Halo 6. The problem is when you decide to say "This is what NEEDS to be changed", you cannot say this, this is only your OPINION, you do not speak for other people, maybe a few, but not for everyone.

Anyway, on topic:
1. Personally I like the artstyle, and the sounds. Halo is supposed to be a futuristic shooter, right? Also, blood is in the game, just lesser amounts.
2. 343 chose quality over quantity. Instead of shoving maps that don't flow well and gametypes that don't play well down our throats, they chose to perfect maps around Spartan Abilities, Power Weapons, and CQC-Long Range combat.
3. I'm going to be honest here, even though Halo Reach was my favorite Halo, the Falcon was absolute garbage. The gunners could barely get any kills if the driver kept moving around the place like they were driving a Banshee, and it was practically a free triple kill for anyone with rockets, or a Spartan Laser, or a tank, which would be impossible to play with in Warzone.
4. Unbalanced sprint, yay, lets have everyone run around the map while they can regen their shields infinitely.
5. Go play Halo Reach. You can practically only play launch playlists, BTB, Multi Team, Doubles, Grifball, and MLG. Everything else is pretty much ABANDONED.
6. You can tell different armors apart from on a scale of 1-10, how ugly it is.

2. FULL GAME AT LAUNCH

5. MORE GAMETYPES

SUMMARY

List of grieves:
Gamemodes
Spartan Abilities
Sprint (JUST LIMIT IT)
Full game at launch (!)
Gametypes
OP weapons

1. No issues with current sound or art style, but a mix of 343 and bungie art could work.
2. Agreed on launching with everything complete, delay (game, not a game mode like they did with btb or forge)it if you have to as the first impression matters a lot.
3. Disagree with this as it adds even more redundancy to the sandbox
4. Even limiting (and it's already more limited now than in reach due to the panalties put on it) still doesn't resolve the issues that effect the game. Limiting it won't stop people from running away, won't stop combat readiness, don't stop map elongation, ect ect.
5. I agree on this as well. It'd be awesome if they can make a new gametype never done before in gaming or even just something new in halo.
6. Not really any comment as I don't care to much for custimization in a fps but that's just me.

in short 343 just needs to make h6 launch with functionality, as many gamemodes as possible, and adding in some new concepts that mesh well with the game while making sure the campaign is executed well with no false advertising.

This is halo, not dead space. I like the artstyle as it is. Btw, halo 2 anniversary's only major art style difference is the flood. And you can't reach trailer levels of grit for a six hour game.

2. FULL GAME AT LAUNCH

Fair play, the launch was abit light. Idc about forge and love warzone so I was happy but each to their own here.

- And no. I do not mean the same weapons with faster fire rate. I mean more types of assault rifles and DMRs with different stats of things such as RoF, recoil Jet stabilised variants, range Like laser sight, damage Kinectic bolts, etc. There could also be more and different vehicles, particularly flying vehicles and TEAM vehicles. The falcon was a great example of a team-needed UNSC vehicle. Most of the vehicles are mainly one-man-only operations.
Scorpian, wraith, hogs, mongeese. That's 4, if we don't count gauss and rocket hogs vs Ghost, wasp, phaeton, banshee and mantis. How many vehicles do you want?

Also note this is the first Halo where all weapons are a viable threat, and has a huge number of weapons.

- Sprint should just be LIMITED to solve the problem. Done. I remember there not being nearly as many complaints about sprint back in the days of Halo 4 as there are now. Spartan abilities should be a bit different as well. In my opinion, Spartan Charge should be removed, because of its non-sensical way of boosting and floating across a floor to hit someone and sometimes killing them instantly. Not very realistic. Yep ramming a ton of armour into someone wouldn't kill them. It's like a car hitting you. It's range is daft though. Sprint, eh meh. I think it's limited very well by crippling your shields, because it means running away leaves you stripped of advantage.

5. MORE GAMETYPES

Like what? We already have loads. Think of BF4: Has loads of game mods, only conquest and rush are really played. The rest are like 90% a waste of time.

I agree.

SUMMARY

List of grieves:
Gamemodes
Artstyle (Make them more realistic and gritty WITH BLOOD) Haemophilia much?
Spartan Abilities Charge you mean?
Sprint (JUST LIMIT IT)
Full game at launch (!)
Better Campaign (Story fell apart so easily) Not really, it was a great story bar it completely killing Halo 4s ending.
Gametypes
Better maps (Be more creative instead of taking pieces of other maps and shoving it as one "new" map) Oh god remixes are the worst. 100%. That's what forge is for.
OP weapons I can only think of one OP weapon, the answer.
Spawn killing in Warzone (Again, add bigger spaces to take objectives with, and more of them) I find spawn killing to be a very minor problem. Inless you want spawn protection, don't think it can be avoided inless you go "Ok, if you're base is being capped you can't spawn on it.

Commented in post.
OP, completely agree. Just if this was for Halo 6, keep all the spartan abilities except sprint, which should go back to Halo 4 style (recharges while sprinting) because it makes for faster gameplay.
No, being able to run around and have your shields recharge lowers game play speed because everyone runs away more. If you run in 5 it leaves you pants down if you hit another player, making running really hard.
finally someome came with some good arguments for making halo better, not like the others that just want a reskinned halo 3. Unlock system needs to change. Req sistem is very bad:

• Weapons and amor combined
  • Just focusing their work only on a few gamemodes( warzone)
  • Only rewards people that have played a lot of time or the ones with a huge wallet
  • Randomess
People need to open their eyes. Not by just eliminating things like sprint halo will be good.
Op I agree with you.
  1. A slight tweak to the art style, mainly the Spartan undersuite and all the stupid looking armors that we now have as well as all the stupid visors.
  2. Better ground textures.
  3. In my opinion H2A had the best weapons sounds; we need more of that.
  4. More game types at launch.
  5. A greater variety in weapons and vehicle designs and not just a change in color.
  6. Split screen and a better camping.
Okay, allow me to respond to your post with the fact that you like "strong multiplayer games which stick to their core values as original game series," in the front of my mind while reading.

I agree. The art style of H2A and Halo Wars 2 are vastly superior to those of Halo 4 or 5.

2. FULL GAME AT LAUNCH
I'm slightly concerned that 343 doesn't know what a full game is. We still don't have Team Snipers, Action Sack, Multi-Team, or an objective playlist, and that's just in matchmaking. Correct me if I'm wrong, but currently in Halo 5, there is no option to create one-sided objective variants for game types such as CTF or Assault. We still don't have Race, or KOTH, and fun game types such as VIP, Regicide, Headhunter, and Ricochet have yet to see a return. Returning content is expected by a returning player base. When it's not there, you lose fans. New content is great, but as a game developer, you cannot fail to recognize that what players enjoyed in previous games is what they expect in upcoming games.
I dont see a need for a wider variety of weapons. Halo 5 pushed it, and previously special and iconic weapons become one of a vast majority of colorful killing machines. I do think that more vehicles with a focus on teamwork would create a multitude of fun and fresh vehicle encounters. The warthog is a good example of an existing "team vehicle." I would love to see the falcon return, as well as anything new 343 thinks up.
...so you just completely disregarded realism in your first point, but then use it as a ploy to convince others of your second point's validity. You also totally contradict what you said at the beginning of your post, "We have resorted to playing other games, such as Battlefield 4, because it is a strong multiplayer game that sticks to its core values as an original game series." From the beginning Halo's success has been largely attributed to its barebones style of gameplay which is implemented through Halo's golden triangle of guns, grenades, and melee. It's like Halo's secret recipe to success. It is a fact that sprint compromises the golden triangle, the very aspect which Bungie, the creators of the franchise, recognized as the key ingredient of what had set Halo apart. You obviously don't care all that much about games that stick with their core values, as you're asking Halo to continue down a path leads further and further away from its most important core value.
5. MORE GAMETYPES
Could not agree more. 343 has more or less stated time and time again that they have to appeal to a wide audience of Halo fans who all want different things. It seems almost that it's a pro-active half--Yoinked!- apology on behalf of their incapability to create a full Halo game. It's really not that difficult. COD does it on a yearly basis. COD has playlists like demolition, because they know they have players who buy their game to play demolition. COD has entire playlist tabs reserved for minority groups who buy the game so that they can play hardcore gamemodes and party gamemodes. Halo has players who buy the game to only play grifball, or only play BTB, or Competivive, or Action Sack, or Infection, or Swat. The list could go on. Why don't Halo players get the same sort of support COD players do?
I also agree with you here. The implementation of more unique armors paired with a change in the overall art style could do wonders for the franchise.
SUMMARY

List of grieves:
Gamemodes
Spartan Abilities
Sprint (JUST LIMIT IT)
Full game at launch (!)
Gametypes
OP weapons

I do appreciate your dedication to the franchise, and salute your effort to create a constructive thread for the future of Halo.
No offense, OP, and it's not your fault, but this same exact thing has been said many, many times. You're right, though.
IrishLaws5 wrote:
No offense, OP, and it's not your fault, but this same exact thing has been said many, many times. You're right, though.
What's wrong with him critiquing his favorite game on a portion of the site dedicated to talking about Halo? Please elaborate.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2