Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Thoughts on Cartographers Gift

OP DesertRecon417

I love the new update so far but a couple areas of forge really lacked.
  • I was hoping to see a good size map relating to previous forge maps. Although, I can't really complain but they don't feel as roomy as previous ones.
  • The lack of ai to spawn, I saw this as longshot anyway but it would have been an amazing feature. Make your own firefight kind of deal.
  • Last but not least is there are no REQs whatsoever. This really bothered me, no themed vehicles for certain maps. You won't be able to make as many interesting maps without them. We all know what gamemode we'd make if we had the Void's Tear ect ect.
So, while I'm not trying to seem like a entitled man minor, I'll cover the plus sides.
  • A big plus is that we have free DLC for once, for Halo. (although I don't support DLC for obvious reasons so it's good that it is free)
  • It should have come with the game as a standard, kind of a neutral point.
  • Forge got better, as always :)
  • Got a new Warzone map.
  • New REQs are b0ss.
What are your thoughts?
No AI to spawn? Seriously we need Firefight and Warzone to be reworked to be closer to Titanfall's AI presence.
No AI to spawn? Seriously we need Firefight and Warzone to be reworked to be closer to Titanfall's AI presence.
Oh god, an AI-piloted mantis... Don't tease me like this.
It's alright.
Can't wait to see what people make with Forge, the two new maps seem good and I like the new controller settings.
I was really looking forward to finally having social playlists, but what on earth is the point when most of the time it's team snipers. I wanna play Halo, not bumb dumb look how mlg I am rubbish. I really like halo 5 but I can't help but get the feeling that 343 are populously making bad decisions like this just so that they can leave people wanting more. They know exactly how to make this game perfect, but I feel they're just stringing it out to keep people waiting. Each update makes it more evident, it's pathetic.
Oh god, an AI-piloted mantis... Don't tease me like this.
Well there was that one gametype in Halo 4 that mimicked Titanfall. We might get a repeat here.
Warzone?
I want Forge World back. I like the massive canvases but Forge World gave you stuff to work with.
I want Forge World back. I like the massive canvases but Forge World gave you stuff to work with.
This guy!!!
No but seriously I think Forge World was the biggest map in existence. I liked it.