Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Thoughts on the Anniversary Playlist?

OP MackenziesMind

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hey Spartans,

Just wanted to see how everyone is feeling about the Halo Anniversary playlist! My first match was a little rough but it was still fun. I'll be playing for a while haha
Got on the game to claim to my req pack (thank you). I noticed the playlist and was instantly excited. However, after I got into a match, I realized that sprint and spartan abilities were still present so I quit and am now going on MWRemastered.
Oh it's there now? Going to try it
Upset that it does well remaking the classic maps but has non-classic playstyle. I now know what the Star Wars community felt like when Lucas went back and changed everything.
We post to the forums about the "classic" game mode having the abilities turned on when they should be turned off, gets support by the community by them expressing their disgust about such an idea, community provides a link to "evolved settings" that would play perfect for this playlist, 343 still ignores the community and show their selfish pride and release this atrocious playlist still.

(Insert f word here) you 343i, glad your miserable attempts at creating your own vision of halo and milking the franchise is failing for you. Happy anniversary halo, (halo as in halo not 343's game they call halo)
We post to the forums about the "classic" game mode having the abilities turned on when they should be turned off, gets support by the community by them expressing their disgust about such an idea, community provides a link to "evolved settings" that would play perfect for this playlist, 343 still ignores the community and show their selfish pride and release this atrocious playlist still.
(Insert f word here) you 343i, glad your miserable attempts at creating your own vision of halo and milking the franchise is failing for you. Happy anniversary halo, (halo as in halo not 343's game they call halo)
I just wish Bungie was still running the Halo franchise . IMHO 343I sucks in the support area and in the No server browser and NO REAL DEDICATED SERVER NOR ANY RCON SOFTWARE for Halo 5 Forge For Windows 10.
Got on the game to claim to my req pack (thank you). I noticed the playlist and was instantly excited. However, after I got into a match, I realized that sprint and spartan abilities were still present so I quit and am now going on MWRemastered.
Completely agree. It's awful.
Yeah, I seem to be playing these maps like I use to.. so getting wrecked cause none of that works. All new playstyle on old maps.
Oh and my last game had a level 2.. with 25 kills..in slayer.... wth?
love the maps, but its not a classic playlist, don't get me wrong, I like Sparta abilities in h5, but classic should be like the evolved custom game type and not this mess
Oh and my last game had a level 2.. with 25 kills..in slayer.... wth?
hats weird about that?
Games are way too face paced for my liking. Bloodgulch is especially bad, the instant you poke your head around the corner you get sniped by the most powerful pistol in the galaxy. What's the point of having the plasma rifle or the pistol, you have a gun which can kill in 3 bullets.Oh and the Ar, yeah don't use that for long distance kills, I see this occasionally and it really grinds my gears.
I'm actually enjoying it its neat to play with spartan abilities on old map and before anyone asks i've played halo CE since launch.
I'm actually enjoying it its neat to play with spartan abilities on old map and before anyone asks i've played halo CE since launch.
Agreed
I had time for 1 game. We lost therefore classic sucks (but I went 11-8 so it doesn't). I thought spartan abilities would be turned off though, so it sucks. I like new maps though, so it doesn't. I think I may need to play more than 1 game to make an opinion.
love the maps, but its not a classic playlist, don't get me wrong, I like Sparta abilities in h5, but classic should be like the evolved custom game type and not this mess
I don't tried the playlist yet, I love the Spartan abilities, but I think the gameplay should be different this time.
but I think this evolved settings could divide the community again
I don't tried the playlist yet, I love the Spartan abilities, but I think the gameplay should be different this time.
but I think this evolved settings could divide the community again
agreed
Upset that it does well remaking the classic maps but has non-classic playstyle. I now know what the Star Wars community felt like when Lucas went back and changed everything.
I love this comparison, Amen.
I like how it plays just like CE but with spartan abilities. i feel it is a fresh take on the og experience. i played ce like crazy when i was a kid and i can say it is awesome. 343 nailed it in my opinion :)
I've been waiting for the h3 playlist to come back with no abilities, jumped on this and was confused as to why it had spartan abilities. Maps were fun.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2