1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
nekocchi36 wrote:
would you guys like to see a power weapon that is a knife you can throw and its a one hit kill , ik you might say thats such a cod thing but like they stole all of our stuff in cod:infinite warfare so what would guys call it and what rarity should it be in and probably what level of req?
Good idea for an assassination but not gameplay. Even a spartan can't throw hard enough to penetrate energy shields AND armor.
xl Lazurus wrote:
  1. One, these Spartans are in Titanium armor, do you know how strong that is? It would just bounce off unless you hit one of the Kevlar areas, such as the neck and hips.
The "unarmored" areas aren't even made of Kevlar. It's actually a titanium nanocomposite weave... meaning that it's also armor.
True, but it's still more vulnerable, being the area that gets stabbed during most assassinations.
xl Lazurus wrote:
xl Lazurus wrote:
  1. One, these Spartans are in Titanium armor, do you know how strong that is? It would just bounce off unless you hit one of the Kevlar areas, such as the neck and hips.
The "unarmored" areas aren't even made of Kevlar. It's actually a titanium nanocomposite weave... meaning that it's also armor.
True, but it's still more vulnerable, being the area that gets stabbed during most assassinations.
Fair enough. Even then, it'd take considerable force and precision to kill someone with a knife that way.
They might as well add it in. This game is.already so codified it will fit right in along with ads and the new COD motion tracker they're implementing.
I'm gonna have to ask you to take a few steps back and rethink what you just said. I must also ask if you have even played a recent Call of Duty, and if you have, you are just lying here in this thread.
I don't need to rethink anything facts don't lie.
1. Thruster pack copied from advanced warfare
2. ADS, can't argue that at all
3. New motion tracker changing to only show where players are when they fire a weapon, ripped right from COD.

Nuff said
Thrusters were in Halo 4 which came out in 2012, 2 years before Advanced Warfare. This "ADS" isn't a normal FPS aiming system, it's the same it has always been just with a different look. And the radar is the same as always, and I'm sure they won't change it to the CoD radar after this test period.

So do a bit more research next time, bub. I didn't even need to look this up because your "facts" are just so outlandish and false.
Has ANYONE here played a Gunslinger Hunter from Destiny (raises hand) Yeah, the throwing knife is ONE of only two things I miss about that game. The other being cool looking hand cannons. I think it would add an interesting dynamic. & For those who complain about the armor, then the bullets & assassinations can't possibly matter. I mean stabbing someone in armor? How the heck could THAT work?
No. Keep the melee weapons strictly melee.
But... But I think throwing knives are cool. There should be an assassination where you throw a knife in someone's face, maybe. But as a weapon? Hell no.
Halo has already sacrificed too much realism for effect, in the form of melee and assassination. It's one thing to punch through Spartan shields with your forearm, but if there is intended to be any projectile speed at all on these throwing knives, they would not be able to penetrate a spartan's undersuit, let alone plate armor, let alone shields.
But... But I think throwing knives are cool. There should be an assassination where you throw a knife in someone's face, maybe. But as a weapon? Hell no.
How would a knife being thrown from point-blank range do anything? Throw in the air and stab them ala pistol whip sure, but throwing a knife wouldn't make sense.
How would a knife being thrown from point-blank range do anything? Throw in the air and stab them ala pistol whip sure, but throwing a knife wouldn't make sense.
3:32
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
That's not close enough to be an assassination and that was on an Elite, armor doesn't cover their full body like a Spartan does.
That's not close enough to be an assassination and that was on an Elite, armor doesn't cover their full body like a Spartan does.
That was a Brute tho. Also knives are obviously capable of piercing MJOLNIR as shown by several assassinations in Halo 5. It would just look cook, all I'm saying.
What about a spike grenade that if directly hit is an insta kill
you see i think they meant a knife gun not just a knife
That was a Brute tho. Also knives are obviously capable of piercing MJOLNIR as shown by several assassinations in Halo 5. It would just look cook, all I'm saying.
Either way, Covenant never fully cover their bodies with armor unless they are rangers.

Also the Spartan can piece MJOLNIR armor with a knife but because they are holding it, not throwing it.

It would look pretty cook though ;)
Either way, Covenant never fully cover their bodies with armor unless they are rangers.

Also the Spartan can piece MJOLNIR armor with a knife but because they are holding it, not throwing it.

A knife-throwing assassination would only work if you threw the weapon into someone's visor, after knocking them away somehow.
nekocchi36 wrote:
would you guys like to see a power weapon that is a knife you can throw and its a one hit kill , ik you might say thats such a cod thing but like they stole all of our stuff in cod:infinite warfare so what would guys call it and what rarity should it be in and probably what level of req?
Always good to try and think of something bud, but I agree with others that this wouldn't work well in Halo.

I could see a mechanic where if 343 adds back the spike grenade the blades kill the target when stuck and then it overkills by exploding.
I could see something like the Spike Grenade (or maybe even the actual Spike grenade!) coming back in Halo 6, as suspect we will see the brutes again... I'm hoping anyways lol I haven't played HW2 yet so say nothing to me people!

We have an assassination where someone knees a knife through someone's face even though the handguard would have made that impossible without imploding the head. I don't think realism matters when it comes to assassinations. Spinal Tap, for instance, defies the laws of physics.
So you want to throw a knife at someone in titanium plated power armor? Ever throw a knife at a metal wall before, it doesn't work that well... plus we have energy shields, so yeah. And yeah, as you said, keep that CoD stuff out of here.
I agree with this dude
A Super Soldier, in powered armor that boosts strength & speed, I find the idea of a throwing knife kill very believable. But perhaps if you had to break the shields first. I mean, whatever they make the blade out of has to be amazing for it to survive the punishment of multiple assassinations. & I'd definitely believe it with the Kurki on Wrath armor.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5