1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
As a regular weapon, no. But for an assassination animation, heck yeah.
9, Remember Goldeneye on the N64?, It's already got Throwing Knives plus splitscreen and dual-wielding in the mix, because we might as well be able to see throwing knives be used in a Halo game. Goldeneye is such a beloved game yet throwing knives and dual-wield did absolutely nothing to hurt it.

Fact #1: Goldeneye 007 for N64 had Throwing Knives as a usable weapon predating the Call of Duty franchise, Goldeneye is possibly the first FPS game to ever feature throwing knives as a usable weapon.

Fact #2: Goldeneye 007 for N64 had splitscreen as a playable option predating the Halo franchise, Goldeneye may be the first 3D FPS game to ever make use of the splitscreen mechanic.
No, even in game where we use knives to assassinate Spartans throwing the knife is waste since you would probably miss throwing it.
Graz34 wrote:
This is an Idea that would cause some drama from the Destiny community and I think that a throwing knife should just stay out of Halo.
Knife throwing isn't exclusive to Destiny so I don't see why it would, but yeah keep that out of Halo.
They might as well add it in. This game is.already so codified it will fit right in along with ads and the new COD motion tracker they're implementing.
I'm gonna have to ask you to take a few steps back and rethink what you just said. I must also ask if you have even played a recent Call of Duty, and if you have, you are just lying here in this thread.
I don't need to rethink anything facts don't lie.
1. Thruster pack copied from advanced warfare
2. ADS, can't argue that at all
3. New motion tracker changing to only show where players are when they fire a weapon, ripped right from COD.

Nuff said
Thrusters were in Halo 4 which came out in 2012, 2 years before Advanced Warfare. This "ADS" isn't a normal FPS aiming system, it's the same it has always been just with a different look. And the radar is the same as always, and I'm sure they won't change it to the CoD radar after this test period.

So do a bit more research next time, bub. I didn't even need to look this up because your "facts" are just so outlandish and false.
I'm not sure if this counts but Reach's evade was pretty much a thruster and that's back from 2010.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
What does that even mean?

Wait, why did I even ask? It means "I'm wrong but too childish to engage in an actual conversation because... I dunno, ego?"

The facts don't lie, games sponge games off of each other all the time. CoD has copied Halo before, Halo has copied CoD before. And countless other games, too, as countless other games have copied Halo. There's no such thing as an original idea.

OT: No thanks to the throwing knives. Why would I bring a knife to a 400lb titanium super cyborg fight?
Muryay wrote:
9, Remember Goldeneye on the N64?, It's already got Throwing Knives plus splitscreen and dual-wielding in the mix, because we might as well be able to see throwing knives be used in a Halo game. Goldeneye is such a beloved game yet throwing knives and dual-wield did absolutely nothing to hurt it.

Fact #1: Goldeneye 007 for N64 had Throwing Knives as a usable weapon predating the Call of Duty franchise, Goldeneye is possibly the first FPS game to ever feature throwing knives as a usable weapon.

Fact #2: Goldeneye 007 for N64 had splitscreen as a playable option predating the Halo franchise, Goldeneye may be the first 3D FPS game to ever make use of the splitscreen mechanic.
Wait, I'm confused. What does Goldeneye have to do with this?
Muryay wrote:

IMO, History of Video Games (including FPS's) is a better way to determine validity/justifications of certain gameplay designs than to reference more relevant modern games.

When it comes to referencing other games, Goldeneye 007 had things before modern shooters had and i already explained that even though Goldeneye is irrelevant today. I find it dumb that people compare COD and never bothered to compare other games, even retro games when it comes to throwing knives. Goldeneye was as a innovative as Halo can get, and people are mostly forgiving Goldeneye for letting players use throwing knives because it's a very old game and no body complained about throwing knives being a usable weapon which is a good thing. MW2 had throwing knives in it's respective franchise first, so it's stupider to reference COD (it's a poor excuse to have it stay out in other shooters because 1990's shooter might have it before COD) than it is to reference the laws of physics.

I've honestly tried to look up the first fps game to have throwing knives (from the 1990's not 2000's/2010's), and the closest i've got is actually Goldeneye 007 for the N64, try googling First "FPS game to have throwing knives" and try find any retro shooter with throwing knives if you're so kind.
Muryay wrote:
Muryay wrote:

IMO, History of Video Games (including FPS's) is a better way to determine validity of certain gameplay desings than to reference more relevant modern games.

When it comes to referencing other games, Goldeneye 007 had things before modern shooters had and i already explained that even though Goldeneye is irrelevant today. I find it dumb that people compare COD and never bothered to compare other games, even retro games when it comes to throwing knives. Goldeneye was as a innovative as Halo can get, and people are mostly forgiving Goldeneye for letting players use throwing knives because it's a very old game and no one would ever mind throwing knives being a usable weapon which is a good thing. MW2 had throwing knives in it's respective franchise first, so it's stupider to reference COD (it's a poor excuse to have it stay out in other shooters because 1990's shooter might have it before COD) than it is to reference the laws of physics.

I've honestly tried to look up the first fps game to have throwing knives (from the 1990's not 2000's/2010's), and the closest i've got is actually Goldeneye 007 for the N64, google First FPS game to have throwing knives and try find a retro shooter with throwing knives if you're so kind.
Well Goldeneye is super different than Halo and COD. And most people reference COD just because it is one of the most mainstream FPSs out there.
Why not just use a plasma grenade. It's the exact same concept you throw something and if you hit them it's a one shot. The only difference would be the animation and a knife would make no sense.
would you guys like to see a power weapon that is a knife you can throw and its a one hit kill , ik you might say thats such a cod thing but like they stole all of our stuff in cod:infinite warfare so what would guys call it and what rarity should it be in and probably what level of req?
no way. otherwise we would just have a slaughter house with knifes laying around. Its just a bad idea overall.
sorry...
Danny Five wrote:
Why not just use a plasma grenade. It's the exact same concept you throw something and if you hit them it's a one shot. The only difference would be the animation and a knife would make no sense.
Amen to that. All sticky grenades basically do that, but they also explode. What's not to like?
No especially if it a one hit. It would ruin the halo feel
GOLD 4 wrote:
Just say one hit?, Maybe add four hits to balance it out, if you want one hit, use a sword.
Muryay wrote:
GOLD 4 wrote:
Just say one hit?, Maybe add four hits to balance it out, if you want one hit, use a sword.
I just don't think trowing knifes would be a good part of the game we already have sticky nades and the knife will make it feel like destiny or cod.
Nope, I know that thing from CoD, it may be good, but damn, if it got brought into Halo 5...there would be major camping to be either hiding from that thing or hiding to line up a 'cross map' throwing knife kill. Plus not to mention the fact with the Ability cards in the REQs in Warzone, and to mention the speed booster powerup....it would break the game in its own way IMO.
I wouldn't mind a covenant weapon that's like a hatchet and when you "throw it", a phantom hatchet of plasma goes out that wrecks shields but does no damage vs armor. Would increase lunge range but do no increase damage and hqtchet throws would have the damage of the ce pistol but at much shorter ranges.Also deplete a charge of it. Makes a melee weapon into a close range weapon. Don't think cod has done that and would fit with sanghelli or brutes.
xl Lazurus wrote:
No, because it's CoD and I want Halo to be unique.

Also, for a few lore reasons.
  1. One, these Spartans are in Titanium armor, do you know how strong that is? It would just bounce off unless you hit one of the Kevlar areas, such as the neck and hips.
  2. Spartans also have energy shields, which are bullet resistant, if you were going to kill someone you would have to be lucky, extremely lucky... You would have to hit the neck area and the Spartan's shields would have to be down to even hurt the Spartan
I don't think it would be very practical, although it could make a cool assassination animation.
Your right TrueHero808 lets just keep the knives within assassination animation.
This is like the worst idea I've ever had the pleasure of reading. First of all, it like wouldn't work at all. With the movement and everything it would be equivalent to a paper ball. Second, Why would we need a knife that can throw when we already have a knife that can stab people?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5