throwing knife

OP nekocchi36

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5
I don't think throwing knife would be usable in halo.
...A one hit kill throwing knife?

W h y t h o u g h ?
Yes COD has stolen allot of things from Halo but i think Halo should still continue to be more original. its like the saying " be the better person" except in this case it would be " be the better game". Also like a few people have mentioned throwing a knife at a super soldier with titanium armor. the only reason knives are used is in assassinations when they stabbed the unarmored areas and body parts like the throat usually. so i don't think it would work too well. maybe it would if it was energy based like the energy sword or bayonet
KCD0DGER wrote:
...A one hit kill throwing knife?
y tho
fixed ^
anyways what if they brought back the spike grenade and if you stick someone with it they die instantly then they explode?
I mean you're going to die anyways if you're stuck so may as well make it overkill because...
Spike Grenades have blades on it, just enough to satisfy your lust for badasseries caused by blades thrown at the henchmen.

If you're going to make blade weapons throwable including the Trailblazer (ZDoom mod) style Machete-rangs or the Staves that Honor Guards use (As seen in Halo Wars cutscenes), it should be treated as equipment (which are one of the throwable objects other than greandes except are swapable) gameplay wise.
NO. It should remain as assassination weapon only.
MarMaruh wrote:
Ballomachairophobia, the irrational fear of throwing knives, even appearing in a First Person Shooter (counting Action Quake II and Goldeneye 007 for the N64, which are games predating any modern shooter franchise spawned in the 2000's) or an Action movie.
Muryay wrote:
MarMaruh wrote:
Ballomachairophobia, the irrational fear of throwing knives, even appearing in a First Person Shooter (counting Action Quake II and Goldeneye 007 for the N64, which are games predating any modern shooter franchise spawned in the 2000's) or an Action movie.
I get that you want throwing knives as a usable weapon in Halo, I really do. But the fact that you keep trying to rationalize their addition by using other games is something a disagree with greatly. Just because it worked in Goldeneye 007 doesn't mean it'll work for Halo. If it's a one-hit kill, it'll be redundant because Plasma Grenade. If it takes more than one hit, it'll be redundant because then you'd be better of just using a gun.

Furthermore, just like dual-wielding, throwing knives for offensive and defensive purposes is generally impractical. There's almost no good reason to do it, outside of being showy.
Just can't see it being a thing in Halo, I'm afraid...
Muryay wrote:
MarMaruh wrote:
I get that you want throwing knives as a usable weapon in Halo, I really do. But the fact that you keep trying to rationalize their addition by using other games is something a disagree with greatly. Just because it worked in Goldeneye 007 doesn't mean it'll work for Halo. If it's a one-hit kill, it'll be redundant because Plasma Grenade. If it takes more than one hit, it'll be redundant because then you'd be better of just using a gun.

Furthermore, just like dual-wielding, throwing knives for offensive and defensive purposes is generally impractical. There's almost no good reason to do it, outside of being showy.
Who needs knives when we've got blue spide- I mean blue sticky grenades of death? :P
I have an alteration to this idea. You can tomahawk your energy sword at an enemy player, but only if the sword has 1 shot left on it and if you miss the enemy can pick up the sword, but if you hit then the sword runs out of ammo. Kind of like a last minute surprise for the energy sword.
I was thinking the same. But what button to throw it?
Sounds way too much like COD and I'm not sure how much damage a throwing knife would do against MJOLNIR armor anyway.
One hit kill weapon is broken to begin with, plus why?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5