Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Time Limit to Destroy the Enemy Core - WZ Idea

OP FletchUH

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hi guys,

I was intending on making a video at some point about what I think would improve Warzone looking ahead to the future. But I actually wanted to know what the community thought.
My thought was (in regards to farming) that there could be a time limit to destroy the core. This would prevent people getting farmed for 20 minutes straight, make capturing bases feel more significant for the team on the forefront of the attack and then it would give the other team a push to hold out and defend.
With that feature in mind, as a trade off perhaps there core could be a little more exposed or even more pathways to access it? This way the defending team at the time has to have a tighter lock on the area.

What do you guys think to my idea? Any good?
And it'd be great to hear any of your own thoughts on the topic :)
thanks!
No time limit, some teams are better at defence that offence. One Fireteam I was we all pushed into there core at once with a tank protecting use and we never got an inch in there.
TRON 092 wrote:
No time limit, some teams are better at defence that offence. One Fireteam I was we all pushed into there core at once with a tank protecting use and we never got an inch in there.
But in which case, why should a team be punished for being good at defense?
I think the game should encourage offensive and defensive gameplay but balance it so there's a flow.

For example, you are absolutely hammering their core, can't get to it because they're good a defense. Only problem is, the enemy team can't have a shot at winner because they're pinned back and the map design doesn't allow for easy escapes, especially on maps like ARC.
So if there was a time limit, then can then hold off until the time's run out, because let's face it, it's not easy capping back the bases, and then they can concentrate on getting bosses and objectives again.

I think this would make it more fun in general too.
Thoughts?
FletchUH wrote:
TRON 092 wrote:
But in which case, why should a team be punished for being good at defense?
I think the game should encourage offensive and defensive gameplay but balance it so there's a flow.

For example, you are absolutely hammering their core, can't get to it because they're good a defense. Only problem is, the enemy team can't have a shot at winner because they're pinned back and the map design doesn't allow for easy escapes, especially on maps like ARC.
So if there was a time limit, then can then hold off until the time's run out, because let's face it, it's not easy capping back the bases, and then they can concentrate on getting bosses and objectives again.

I think this would make it more fun in general too.
Thoughts?
So you lose because you have more points.. you have the better players, the communication, but because of a wall, you lose?
So warzone assault?
What happens when the time limit runs out? Who wins? Attackers/Defenders or draw?
How about just a warzone slayer gametype that lasts for 15 minutes, points to win is idk 200, and req leveling is faster.
They have that already, its called warzone assault
I like some of these ideas. Once all three bases are captured a separate timer starts at lets say 5 minutes. They have that time to destroy the core or the defending team has to capture back a base. If they don't destroy the core they lose. It's basically a hybrid of Warzone and Warzone Assault. Hopefully everyone in your company realizes they're being farmed and doesn't take the bait when that team gives them a free base to capture.
Warzone assault? :S
No time limit...I don't know know about any of you guys but I've only been farmed once or twice throughout all the war zone games I've played so I don't think it's that big of a deal. Plus it would make it so that a team who isn't very good at offense could just sit back and win and would promote another problem. Just play wz assault
This has been proposed in numerous ways. There was even a plea to have a "mercy" clause so that when you are being farmed, you and the majority of teammates can vote to surrender the core rather than be farmed. Something has to be done. They're losing players to this farming. What's the use of having a multiplayer mode no-one wants to play?
Warzone is fine the way it is, yes it sucks playing with randoms and then you waltz on into the east armory and there's already 3 blues shooting your face with carbines. Rushing has always been a strategy and we shouldnt punish players for it.
I've suggested a time limit numerous times. I think the longest game I've been in was like 24 minutes. I've personally never been in these 30-40 minute "farming" matches, but I think unless something weird is going on 25 minutes period is long enough for a warzone game.
There should just be an option to forfeit. A vote amongst team members. You still get all the points you normally would without the threat of farming or having to quit and get banned.
In all honesty, if you want to prevent farming you need to encourage teams to core, and quick. What if they gave more RP based on the quickness in which the other team cores. Instead of making it so as you get to 10 minutes (where the most RP is assigned). This would ensure that teams are pushing hard and fast to core as quick as possible. I have had my fair share of farming's and it sucks being stuck in your core room for 10+ minutes but I understand why it happens so I just hide in the back.

343 has made it so you can't quit (you'll be banned) so you have to stay and get farmed.
No, just no. Lol

why do people keep on about farming? It's rare. Most people around here have only had it happen a handful of times out of 100s, in my case 1,000s of games. It's not an issue. And even if it was, start playing with teams. Problem solved.
They have that already, its called warzone assault
Well no because what i meant was that a a garage would be re-capped or something. Idk
What's to stop a team from only capping 2 of the 3 and then farming you at the armory instead?

Oh wait, nothing. People already do that because it allows JiP players as long as the match isn't triple capped.
Maybe not a time limit but, a mercy rule. If all 3 bases are held by one team for X amount of time and the score difference is X amount then the game should be called. If the enemy team holds all 3 bases for lets say 8-10 minutes straight and the score difference is greater than 400-500 than call the game. Because at the far into the game 1 or more legendary enemies have already spawned and been killed so even if the other team kills Warden there's no way they could win unless they somehow got lucky and reverse triple capped and were able to win which I've never been able to do after being farmed for that long because people either give up and just sit there or quit. This way you don't have games going 15+ minutes and people staying because they "don't want to be a quitter" and are forced to sit through the B.S. because their team sucks.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2