Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

To all pros, what sensitivity and control setting?

OP aDRE ONE

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17
I'm struggling finding my comfort zone for aiming. I'm using the default settings (3 sensitivity and default controller).

Was pretty good at Halo 2, 3, Reach and 4. But I think the Aim Assist in those games has royally screwed me over. I'm just sucking big time at Halo 5 right now.
in the same boat with you
I'm nowhere near pro but i use 5 sensitivity and boxer layout
I usually use 6 in other Halos but when I started playing Halo 5 I had to bump up to 8. If you are having trouble, maybe try bumping up sensitivity?
You might be experiencing this issue if aiming feels different than it used to: here
aDRE ONE wrote:
I'm struggling finding my comfort zone for aiming. I'm using the default settings (3 sensitivity and default controller).

Was pretty good at Halo 2, 3, Reach and 4. But I think the Aim Assist in those games has royally screwed me over. I'm just sucking big time at Halo 5 right now.
There needs to be complete controls mapping. I'm so used too a certain layout for shooters now my mind and hands are all sorts of confused. Can't get used to any of the control themes
Yeah, I'm 5 Warzone games in (all loses) and I can't hit the sweet spot near as much as I want. I'm gonna monkey with it.
Just go up and down and run some games and see what feels better.
As for layout? I'm just gonna bull my way through it and learn what the default is for now.
8 and recon. Very hard configureation to uae butbi have been dominating
I had to try every sensitivity last night amd then go back a try them again. Hard to find what I like but I might have landed at 4. Bumper Jumper is obvious.
6 & bumper jumper ftw
I use the Halo 4 controls and a 10 sensitivity
On 5 I think. Still feels strange to me too.
Halo 5 default controls, 4 sensitivity.

3 feels a bit sluggish for me.
Deafult controls and 5/6 sens. Anything more is too fast for Halo
I recommend 4-7 sensitivity and Bumper Jumper.
How do people like bumper jumper with the Jetpack dash? I need to get an elite controller...
im comfortable with the default layout
aDRE ONE wrote:

There needs to be complete controls mapping. I'm so used too a certain layout for shooters now my mind and hands are all sorts of confused. Can't get used to any of the control themes
There is in the new dashboard update
No pros are going to repspond to this. But halo 5 is heavier, so I upped my sensitivity to 8 and did halo 4 controller setting because I'm used to h4. Pros would all say do what you're comfortable with, that's what they do. There's no clear cut best setting
7 sensitivity, bumper jumper. Also helps I have the elite controller, so I can map things freely. Still trying to find that ideaL set up though. Getting closer.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17