Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

To all pros, what sensitivity and control setting?

OP A1pha Dre

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 25
I play 10 sensitivity with recon, I wouldnt call myself a pro by any means but I feel being able to turn around fast is important in halo.
If you play smart and don't leave your back open then you shouldn't have to have it set to 10.
Lol, love the "get good" mentality here. There is always going to be a time when you get shot in the back and need to turn around fast to counter. Unless your backs always to a wall. I'm sure you're way better than me though so you probably can't relate.
I play 10 sensitivity with recon, I wouldnt call myself a pro by any means but I feel being able to turn around fast is important in halo.
If you play smart and don't leave your back open then you shouldn't have to have it set to 10.
Lol, love the "get good" mentality here. There is always going to be a time when you get shot in the back and need to turn around fast to counter. Unless your backs always to a wall. I'm sure you're way better than me though so you probably can't relate.
Well, if I were the person going towards someone's back, I would sneak up and assassinate them instead of shooting which would defeat the purpose of "turning around fast enough to kill them."
Well, if I were the person going towards someone's back, I would sneak up and assassinate them instead of shooting which would defeat the purpose of "turning around fast enough to kill them."
Oh, you misunderstood what I was saying. Lol I'm mostly talking about mid range combat. Basically someone shooting you from across the room. But I see what you mean about keeping your back covered lol.
To everyone in this forum who wants to know which professional sensitivity and control settings are the best.

There is none.

We are all different and play halo differently to other people. This can be due to the size of our thumbs and fingers, or being unable to control the speed.

So play around with the sensitivity and controls and get use to the settings you enjoy.

The reason why you guys will never get a true answer to this question is that not all pros in the halo community run the same settings.

Play your way and you will get your answer.
Hey there,
I'm a semi pro and my sensitivity is 2 and look acceleration is 5. I would try something out around there because you won't be flailing your shots all over the place. If you still have trouble, try not to chase with that sensitivity because it is low, therefor letting your opponents take you off guard and get an easy kill. Stay back, and if someone gets you from behind, drop a ninja on em.

Good luck Spartan!
I already have sensibility 3-4 ,recon :b
4 sensitivity, Fish stick :3
I use 10 sensitivity and default layout since I am use to it. I am thinking of moving my controller layout to HellJumper in halo 6
I'm thinking about playing claw. Is it beneficial to play claw rather than bumper jumper?
I'm not a pro, but I do well with a sensitivity of 6 and the Recon button layout.
5 sensitivity, default button layout
After a brief adjustment period, my game improved significantly when I switched to bumper jumper.
H5 default controls and 2 sensitivity
i'm switching from 2 to 3 for the sensitivity for snipers i use sensitivity 4 and my layout that i would recommand would be fish stick the reason is i got use to the default one and the closest to the default is fishstick and i got use to it after 2 days of playing and its working for my favor
most pros tend to use a sens between 2-4.It depends on your playstyle and what your comfortable with.Get a couple of friends together,play social or custom games warzone and try different senses out
sensitivity = a little -Yoink- sensitive
controls= normal
lemon cup wrote:
I usually use 6 in other Halos but when I started playing Halo 5 I had to bump up to 8. If you are having trouble, maybe try bumping up sensitivity?
Terrible idea. Ideally, you want the highest possible sensitivity you can get while still being accurate at long range. If he's struggling to aim, bumping it up will make it worse.
In my experience, 4 was the best comfort zone for H2, H3, H4 and Reach, But for H5 I find Recon and 5-6 sensitivity works best.
A1pha Dre wrote:
I'm struggling finding my comfort zone for aiming. I'm using the default settings (3 sensitivity and default controller).

Was pretty good at Halo 2, 3, Reach and 4. But I think the Aim Assist in those games has royally screwed me over. I'm just sucking big time at Halo 5 right now.
Same here. right now I'm on 2, but today I'm going to try and go super high and see what happens.
Pros usually don't go above 5-6 sensitivity... I stay at 4 because you NEED to do which ever you can aim most comfortably at, don't do a high setting like a bunch of people do just to turn around faster unless you can control it. 4 sensitivity and 2 acceleration is just perfect for me, play around 3 games each time on a playlist you do not care to lose your rank in when trying to discover which you like and the best of luck.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 25