Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

To all pros, what sensitivity and control setting?

OP aDRE ONE

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. 22
  6. ...
  7. 23
I use 4 in sensitivity and the halo 4 controller :p
I have 8 sensitivity.
Actually a nine
Each pro will say something different my advice for anyone struggling is find something comfortable that feels just right.
So, I gotta ask. Am I the only one who holds the Xbox controller normally, but uses their right index finger to push the buttons (x y a b) and middle finger on the trigger? People see me and act like it's strange, but I feel like that's the only comfortable way to do it. How else can you jump, turn, and shoot at the same time?

EDIT: Google "claw grip" that's basically what I am doing. Is it fairly common?
Each pro will say something different my advice for anyone struggling is find something comfortable that feels just right.
That's exactly right. But if you're looking for a good button layout, I recommend Recon.
So, I gotta ask. Am I the only one who holds the Xbox controller normally, but uses their right index finger to push the buttons (x y a b) and middle finger on the trigger? People see me and act like it's strange, but I feel like that's the only comfortable way to do it. How else can you jump, turn, and shoot at the same time?

I think my friend has a "Claw Grip", I think it's fairly common. But you could practice holding the controller "Normally", I think it may make you a better player (at all games, not just H5). But that's just my opinion, really, you can just hold it how you want. I personally think it's easier to hold the controller the most common way.
Hunter5362 wrote:

I think my friend has a "Claw Grip", I think it's fairly common. But you could practice holding the controller "Normally", I think it may make you a better player (at all games, not just H5). But that's just my opinion, really, you can just hold it how you want. I personally think it's easier to hold the controller the most common way.
Huh. I just use default and 10/max sensitivity... for pretty much all games that have those kind of customization options, including all the Halos, Destiny, and even Minecraft. At this point, anything lower just seem weird and sluggish to me.
I play 4 sens 2 accel.

Nah, I use to do this on the regular until I got my elite controller. The friends I grew up with playing halo always thought it was weird too. Then they seen my right thumb never left the thumbstick.

Nah, I use to do this on the regular until I got my elite controller. The friends I grew up with playing halo always thought it was weird too. Then they seen my right thumb never left the thumbstick.
Yeah, I think it's the best way to do it. Allows you to maneuver better.
What i use us a 6 look sensitivity with a look acceleration of 3.
I find sensitivity best at 5 but have seen people play amazing with higher, got used to it playing swat
why ask the pros?.....they only play ...for the most part custom games...and they can't tell you what's best fot you...play with your settings,you'll figure it out
8 is the sensitivity im playing on
Shoot I use 2.5 on both axis and mostly a 1 acel...sometimes I feel like playing at 2. 0% zones inner and outer. passhooter layout, on scuf 4 paddle with Long domed right and medium domed left.

It it should be noted that I make awareness a priority. As I can't turn as fast. Good headset helps with hearing sprints and such. And I am mostly a swat or Fiesta player so I do t need the in close firefight. Passhooter lets me melee with the Right thumb and Gahandi hop with the left.

for me the accel is what feels more in turning around quick. But for some it will still feel like the axis settings do it. I just like having a true round axis.
I usually play on 7-8 sensitivity, but it really all just depends on the player.
I usually play on 7-8 sensitivity, but it really all just depends on the player.
bumper jumper 4 sens 2 accel
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. 22
  6. ...
  7. 23