Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

To all pros, what sensitivity and control setting?

OP aDRE ONE

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 25
7 and Recon here! Not a pro however...
I know the feels. I was a 8 user in halo 4 and a 7 in halo 2&3. I am actualy trying to drop it down below 5 per a recomendation from a twitch broadcaster named Ninja for h5 just for the shot stability. (I feel the shot box is less forgiving).

the button layout is killing me as a scuf user though. Still trying to get a maping for how i play.
If you have the new dashboard, you can remap buttons in "devices and accessories" in the settings, even with a standard controller. I play on 8 sens bumper jumper with x and left stick swapped. This swaps thrust and crouch. Crouching in gunfights doesn't seem that important in this game.
aDRE ONE wrote:
I'm struggling finding my comfort zone for aiming. I'm using the default settings (3 sensitivity and default controller).

Was pretty good at Halo 2, 3, Reach and 4. But I think the Aim Assist in those games has royally screwed me over. I'm just sucking big time at Halo 5 right now.
i'm playing at a 2 and i'm in onyx and diamond 1 for team arena and slayer. the aim acceleration has been whats really been screwing me over. the other halo's never had this much acceleration, halo 3 had lower aim assist, just like h5. the beta had nowhere near as much acceleration.
While I'm not exactly a pro and I'm just some player who can hold his own in the fight (Although I can really boost most teams to the top on Strongholds), I use default controls and 10 sensitivity. I typically use 8 in the other Halo games, but here, 8 felt too slow, so I went to 10, but something felt off. Went to 9, something is still off. Aiming is different than the previous Halos and I'm still trying to get used to it. Settled with 10 and it seems to fit well, but sniping is rather unpredictable as a result. I'd say an 8 for snipers and 10 for closer range.
bmxxmikexx wrote:
How do people like bumper jumper with the Jetpack dash? I need to get an elite controller...
I think jetpack dash didn't change halo mechanics enough to make me change button layout from Bumper Jumper to the default settings... Bumper jumper is just so ... Perfect.. You don't need to move fingers go jump which is way more important than thrusters.. So I think the best is still bumper jumper ..
aDRE ONE wrote:
I'm struggling finding my comfort zone for aiming. I'm using the default settings (3 sensitivity and default controller).

Was pretty good at Halo 2, 3, Reach and 4. But I think the Aim Assist in those games has royally screwed me over. I'm just sucking big time at Halo 5 right now.
There needs to be complete controls mapping. I'm so used too a certain layout for shooters now my mind and hands are all sorts of confused. Can't get used to any of the control themes
Get the Elite controller.
Recon, 10. Set it that way as soon as I got the game, played that way since 3. Still working great.
hopefully, advanced settings are coming soon.
most of my friends already switched to call of duty again because of the stick sensy...
my god.. beta was so good what were they thinking.
No sensititvity and controls layout is more pr0 than other.

Just experiment and find one that feels comfortable to use. That's what pros do.
not pro... but elite controller. default layout with all 4 paddles
tr - melee
br- jump
tl- boost
bl - reload

play on sens 3 but thinking of bumping it back up to 4
For recon how are you suppose to ground pound/melee aim if you lift your finger from the right stick?
I just cant comprehend how people play shooters with high sensitivity on controllers. I play this game with a 1 sensitivity lol.
H4 & sens.10 (H5 is very slow with turning so if you wanna respond fast you have to use 10)
Do you play with high sensitivity just for turning? I feel like I cant keep my crosshairs on mobile targets unless my sensitivity is really low.
Not pro by any means, but I have my days haha I play on 7, sometimes I'll bump up to 8
Currently ranked Onyx in FFA, Diamond in swat, and platinum in everything else. I use sensitivity of 7 which I consider to be about perfect for my style but your mileage may vary. I do recommend doing at least 5+ it will be hard to use at first but you will get used to it in time and your performance will reflect that. I would like to use 8 sensitivty but I feel the aim reacts oddly with it. The game seems to add wonky acceleration at 8 that doesn't exist at 7 so that is what I am using.

I use the Halo 4 layout with the Xbox elite controller running it in the halo arena config, I take off the bottom two bumpers and only really use the top right one for jumping and mantling but it is a huge advantage not needing to take your finger off the aim stick to jump/mantle! I also use the hair trigger mode. (Even though using the full normal trigger is more satisfying, the shorter distance has probably netted me a few twitch kills in swat)

Little known fact about the Elite controller the bottom controls aren't extra buttons, they are just mapped to other existing functions so you can't have a function on the paddles that isn't already on a button. It find the software that comes with the controller hard to use and suboptimal for halo out of the gate.
Not exactly a pro, but i use 10 sen and bumper jumper ever since i used it in halo 3
Not a pro but I have a pro tip I've heard said before. Set your sensitivity to something that feels close to right and leave it there for at least 10-20 games. It comes down to muscle memory and how long it takes your brain to really get used to the setting. The more you change it, the more you are messing yourself up because your brain and hands never have time to fully adjust to the sensitivity. Also, I agree that Halo 5 feels weird, but just practice it and you'll eventually adjust to the new aiming. I just can't wait for forge so I can make an Octagon to practice on :D
I jump from bumperjumper and helljumper. They are essentially the same thing. As for sensitivity, I am anywhere between 3-5.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 25