Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

To all pros, what sensitivity and control setting?

OP aDRE ONE

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 25
I use 2 with look acceleration 3
I'm champion
I use
10 sensitivity
5 acceleration
0 inner deadzone
15 outer dead zone
halo 4 control scheme
Bumper Jumper (unless you have a xbox elite controller) and I'd say use a sensitivity somewhere around 4-8 or whatever feels comfortable for you,
I'd consider myself on the level of a semi-pro. I use 3-5 sensitivity it really depends how you feel like playing at the time. I use 5 when i play free for all and 3-5 when playing team games. Use 3 if youre staying back and defending or whatever and if you are in between or rushing then its up to you if you want 4 or 5 or maybe sometimes a little higher but i only go to 5 no higher.
Not a pro by any means but Onyx-level... I would strongly recommend higher sensitivities in Halo 5. I played at 4 in previous games, but now I play at 7 with look-sensitivity set to 2... feels very natural.
erickyboo wrote:
I'm champion
I use
10 sensitivity
5 acceleration
0 inner deadzone
15 outer dead zone
halo 4 control scheme
Thank you very much!
Going to try this and see if it's making my aim any better. Impressive service record by the way!
I use halo 4 controls and send 3-4 depending on what I'm playing but mainly on 3 if I put the sebs too high my shots get spread to far apart. Find a setting you're happy with and use it. Constantly changing your set up messes everything up.
aDRE ONE wrote:
I'm struggling finding my comfort zone for aiming. I'm using the default settings (3 sensitivity and default controller).

Was pretty good at Halo 2, 3, Reach and 4. But I think the Aim Assist in those games has royally screwed me over. I'm just sucking big time at Halo 5 right now.
I haven't find my comfort zone yet. Playing it for about 5 months and the controls is still stupid. In Halo 4 i loved SWAT because the controls were really good. (I played on default). My score was like 15 000 kills and 8500 deaths thanks to SWAT. But in Halo 5 i HATE swat, because the aiming system is really screwed. It just needs to remove the zones and make it like in Halo 4.
4 sensitivity: keep it low
2 look acceleration
Auto stabilize OFF
Hold to clamber OFF
vibration OFF
inner deadzone 0%
outer deadzone 0%
Hoped this helps
if you want to join my company
im not pro haha but 7 and recon seems normal to me
((I'd consider myself on the level of a semi-pro.))I use 3-5 sensitivity it really depends how you feel like playing at the time. I use 5 when i play free for all and 3-5 when playing team games. Use 3 if youre staying back and defending or whatever and if you are in between or rushing then its up to you if you want 4 or 5 or maybe sometimes a little higher but i only go to 5 no higher.
LOL WHAT?
If you're new to Halo definitely don't change your settings learning the game first then do it because this is the first time they Incorporated look sensitivity along with acceleration. I however have always played on the lower sensitivity that way the head shots are better but the br however on this one I did keep it at 3 default sensitivity but raise the acceleration to 4 and it is like awesome and I'm probably going to go acceleration 5 watch a YouTube video on what exactly acceleration is because it's not anything to do with sensitivity. I also changed my dead zones to 0-0 the way it's supposed to be. If you can put them on 0-0 and set your controller down and the reticle not move on its own then leave it is 0-0 if it moves on its own change it until it stops. In the worst mistake you can do is change your settings have a bad game and change it back if you got to play a few games to get used to it
on mcc i use reclaimer. w/ sens 7.
same on halo5. or maybe 8 not sure. around there somewhere. about the same in cod.
Default controls, 4 sensitivity.
3 for sends, 2 for acceleration, dead zones at 0, hope this helps :)
5 sensitivity and bumper jumper
Most pros use either 3-5 or 4-2 (sensitivity-acceleration).

Most pros use either a scuf controller or an elite. The reason being you can have more control without removing your fingers from the sticks.

I recommend using hell jumper if you only have standard controller. Reason being you can jump and clamber without removing your finger from right stick, but also because you can aim with LT.

Aiming in with LT is physically faster than stick click and is recommended.

Dead zones set to zero, unless your controller is messed up.

Disable assassinations, disable auto stabilize, disable maintain sprint, disable toggle crouch.

My personal set up:

• 4-2
  • Button layout default
  • Elite controller
  • Left paddle jump, right paddle boost.
  • I only use the small paddles, but I put them on top and facing up (upside down) this prevents me from hitting accidentally.
  • Swap right and left stick clicks. This puts crouch on left stick and sprint on right stick which makes it easier to crouch shot.
  • Dead zones 0
  • Toggle crouch, maintain sprint, auto stabilize all disabled.
It took me a while to figure out these controls but they're by far the best I've ever seen or used.
Most pros use either 3-5 or 4-2 (sensitivity-acceleration).

Most pros use either a scuf controller or an elite. The reason being you can have more control without removing your fingers from the sticks.

I recommend using hell jumper if you only have standard controller. Reason being you can jump and clamber without removing your finger from right stick, but also because you can aim with LT.

Aiming in with LT is physically faster than stick click and is recommended.

Dead zones set to zero, unless your controller is messed up.

Disable assassinations, disable auto stabilize, disable maintain sprint, disable toggle crouch.

My personal set up:

• 4-2
  • Button layout default
  • Elite controller
  • Left paddle jump, right paddle boost.
  • I only use the small paddles, but I put them on top and facing up (upside down) this prevents me from hitting accidentally.
  • Swap right and left stick clicks. This puts crouch on left stick and sprint on right stick which makes it easier to crouch shot.
  • Dead zones 0
  • Toggle crouch, maintain sprint, auto stabilize all disabled.
It took me a while to figure out these controls but they're by far the best I've ever seen or used.
Oh, and definitely vibration off.
erickyboo wrote:
I'm champion
I use
10 sensitivity
5 acceleration
0 inner deadzone
15 outer dead zone
halo 4 control scheme
Thank you very much!
Going to try this and see if it's making my aim any better. Impressive service record by the way!
Lol 10-5 is insane and no pros use that. I think he may be trolling you or is freakishly good with the highest sensitivity in the game.
aDRE ONE wrote:
I'm struggling finding my comfort zone for aiming. I'm using the default settings (3 sensitivity and default controller).

Was pretty good at Halo 2, 3, Reach and 4. But I think the Aim Assist in those games has royally screwed me over. I'm just sucking big time at Halo 5 right now.
3-4 sens
No vibration
standard controller
bumper jumper
aim hover disabled
assassinations disabled
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6