Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

To all pros, what sensitivity and control setting?

OP aDRE ONE

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 25
As far as my personal testing goes, the problems with aiming are not related to the sensitivity are generated by the aim assist that is way lower than in past games.
Use the.same sens you used in past games but go to TMCC and play h1 or h2 with the no aim assist skull to get you used to low-nonexistent aim assist.
MandalsTV wrote:
aDRE ONE wrote:
I'm struggling finding my comfort zone for aiming. I'm using the default settings (3 sensitivity and default controller).

Was pretty good at Halo 2, 3, Reach and 4. But I think the Aim Assist in those games has royally screwed me over. I'm just sucking big time at Halo 5 right now.
3-4 sens
No vibration
standard controller
bumper jumper
aim hover disabled
assassinations disabled
This may be a dumb question, but why do so many configs turn off aim hover?
I'm by no means a pro but my main settings are:

Sens: 4 (sometimes 5)
Aim accel: 1
button layout: Recon
Toggle Crouch: Off
RDub78 wrote:
MandalsTV wrote:
aDRE ONE wrote:
I'm struggling finding my comfort zone for aiming. I'm using the default settings (3 sensitivity and default controller).

Was pretty good at Halo 2, 3, Reach and 4. But I think the Aim Assist in those games has royally screwed me over. I'm just sucking big time at Halo 5 right now.
3-4 sens
No vibration
standard controller
bumper jumper
aim hover disabled
assassinations disabled
This may be a dumb question, but why do so many configs turn off aim hover?
It's not turned off. It's just not automatically applied everytime you jump and zoom in. You can control when it happens with your sprint button. Jump zoom sprint = stabilizers
3, with acceleration to 1, default controls, but play with an elite controller.
Same all the way, tried almost every setting and simply can't enjoy halo 5... I switched to pc a few years ago and haven't played much halo since they removed local co-op but even when i want to play some halo by myself the controls are so clunky and unreliable for me that i simply can't play.( Tried from lowest to highest setting, all different deadzone % but no succes) I heard something about keyboard and mouse coming to xbox so i hope this will include playing certain games like halo with it. (If it is even legit ofc ) ^^
Not a pro here but I use default layout with sens 4 and acc 3
I use the settings I have always used
10 sensitivity, keep the acceleration minimum unless you're playing on PC. With no aim assist you're gonna need quick turn speeds
The best sens on halo 5 is 3 or 4 with 5 look speed and deadzones need to be at 0%.

Halo 5 is alot bigger than any other halo so accuracy matters. There will be more times that you need accurate long range shots than it is that u need a high sens for close range battle.

I am onyx in FFA and Slayer

I run 4 sens with 5 look speed and on close range maps like truth I may bump it to 5 sens with 4 look speed.

Its all preference though.
VVarrioR L wrote:
Sensibility 3
Acceleration 1 (5 in swat)
Deadzones both 0%
Fishstick
I struggled as you to find the right configuration. And I'm not a pro but I recommend that instead of probing all possible configurations you stick with the one you fell more comfortable with and try to adjust to that one and make only small adjustments because no configuration is going to be perfect.
I recently changed my layout and is the one with I have improved the most :
Bumper jumper
Sens 4
Acel 2
Deadzones both 0%
Also a paddle for thruster.
Later I found that some pros use this layout so this may help you, but you have to try on your own to find the layout that suits the most to your playstyle.
8 and Halo 4.
I had the same problem, I was so good at other Halo's until Halo 5 came out. I think maybe it's the 360 controller.
i use recon buttons and 10 sensitivity...anything else feel too slow
I use 3 horizontal and 4.5 vertical, bumper jumper, 0% deadzones, elite controller with 1 paddle.
Not a pro but I keep my sensitivity to the lowest setting. I am incapable of finessing the controls and lack the quick reactions I once had when I was younger. Pretty sure this has resulted in my death an unfathomable number of times. Good thing I'm not as competitive as I used to be or I would be upset. lol
I use 9 and recon.

I find anything below hard to make quick reactions with, and 10 is a bit too much

Also recon because I started with halo 3
I wouldn't concider myself a pro by any means, but I use Sen and accelleration 2, inner and outter dead zones 0. Bumper jumper with elite controller with abxy mapped to the back.
I'm no pro, but I play 4 sens, Boxer, default controller
Honestly, helljumper is the best and I use sensitivity 5
3/1/0/0
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 25