Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

To all pros, what sensitivity and control setting?

OP A1pha Dre

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 25
Most pros have there sens at 3-5
I believe I use 4...maybe 5. Sometimes 3, but not much in Halo 5. so its 4 or 5, with Recon I think. I don't remember it off the top of my head. I remember Reach taking me a long time to learn because of -Yoinking!- bloom. Halo 5 took me a few months, but now I'm used to it. I like how it has the same speeds vertically as it does horizontally. Bungie's games didn't, and its really annoying.
Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text.

Creo que la mayoría de jugadores utilizan 4-3
I think you should bump up your sensitivity. I use 5 and my aim is pretty good. 3 is kinda low for Halo 5.
7 sensitivity but sometimes i change to 8 or 6 depending on my mood. boxer layout.
I play on bumper jumper and 4.5 x-axis sensitivity and 5 y-axis sensitivity with 3 look acc. I played on 2-3 sens until I figured out that I could hit so much more of my shots with the higher sens.
I think they use a sensitivity from 3-6
8 and recon. Very hard configuration to use but i have been dominating
I used to wield the fishstick, but I switched to recon due to relative continuity between games (recon is basically H3 controls). I like 6-7 sensitivity, but sometimes with 7 my aim is all over the place. I would be sooo happy if they had custom button mapping and put out HCEA2, H2A and H3A with the function.

EDIT: I just saw that this said pros. I am NOT a pro.
My sensitivity is 5, Recon controller (Halo 2/3/ODST), Aim assist is 1 for me.
I usually play on sensitivity 6 or 5 with the Halo 4 control settings.
A1pha Dre wrote:
I'm struggling finding my comfort zone for aiming. I'm using the default settings (3 sensitivity and default controller).

Was pretty good at Halo 2, 3, Reach and 4. But I think the Aim Assist in those games has royally screwed me over. I'm just sucking big time at Halo 5 right now.
So what you need to do, is to press A on the sensitivity option, and this will allow you to make custom sensitivities. This will allow you to get the LEGENDARY SENSITIVITY of... 0.5
Sensitivity: 10 (insane)
Controls: Boxer
Games with settings:
Halo 1, 2, 3, ODST, Reach, 4
I use Default and max sensitivity.
It may seem excessive, but it lets others see how sweaty I get in Infection when I turn my head around with a zombie behind me and kill it anyways.
If you try !settings or !controls in the pro's twitch streams, or check below the video, you can usually find what they use. Here are some I grabbed:

::Lxthul
Bumper Jumper, 4 Sensitivity, 3 Aim Accel, No Vibe, Claw, Maintain Sprint off, Auto Stabilize off, Deadzones both 0, Scuf Infinity with 1 left paddle
::Snakebite
Default controller (sometimes Scuf) with Bump Jump. Vibe on (sometimes off), auto off, maintain sprint off, Claw. Sens/accel varies but average is 4/2 or 3/4.
::Frosty
4 sensitivity, 3 accel, 0% dead zones, and bumper jumper
::Royal 2
3sens, bumper jumper, vibe.
::Snip3Down
Boxer 4 sens | Look Accel 2 | Deadzones 0 | Scuf infinity Left Paddle A Right Paddle B | Vibration On | Auto Stabilize Off | Toggle Crouch Off | Maintain Sprint Off
::Roy
Bumper Jumper. Custom sensitivity: Vertical - 2 Horizontal - 5. Look acceleration 1>Outer Deadzone 0% Inner 0%>Scuf Infinity X Left Paddle A Right Paddle> Auto Stabilize Off>Maintain Sprint Off>Toggle Crouch Off> Vibration Off
I am also not a Pro but Pro's are really all over the place too. It's finding a sweet spot for yourself. I ran default all the way until Halo 5. Then default seemed too slow so I jumped to 5. Eventually I settled on 4/2. Upon deeper investigation my biggest problem with Halo 5 was my terrible set up. I ran a 55" TV, wifi with a base HDMI cable. The overall loss was .288....combined lag. So I was losing almost 1/3 of a second. But the screen size was even more damaging to the lag. To get at proper distance from a 55" TV you are introducing almost 70% wasted vision. This is why all pros use between 20 to 24" screens. So I got a sweet BenQ monitor, 6a Ethernet cable, upgraded HDMI to 60hz and now I am sitting at .064 lag. My precision weapon accuracy increased by 10% per weapon.

I also dialed my dead zones to 0% and 0% which I believe helped too.
A1pha Dre wrote:
I'm struggling finding my comfort zone for aiming. I'm using the default settings (3 sensitivity and default controller).

Was pretty good at Halo 2, 3, Reach and 4. But I think the Aim Assist in those games has royally screwed me over. I'm just sucking big time at Halo 5 right now.
Try putting it down to 3. I know all high end players don't have high sensitivity. If you are above 6, your screwed. Put down sensitivity and put up acceleration to 4 or 5. My controls are sensitivity 2 and acceleration 4. I usually get diamond rank.
Try bumping up the sensitivity all the way
I usually run 5 with default, but I have used 5 since the first Halo. Maybe I should test the others some time.
A good sensibility is in a range of 3 to 6 but if you are pro you can use 10
Sensitivity also has to do with play style as well. If you are a Ranked FFA meat wagon sprinter with crazy melee and AR you may push 8 to 10 sensitivity. If you sit back with precision weaps you could be in the 3-5 range.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 25