Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

To all pros, what sensitivity and control setting?

OP A1pha Dre

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 25
I'm not a pro, an actual mess really. I switch from 2/5 to 3/3 to 4/2 regularly.
I personally use 5, and its been going good so far, but if you like a faster sensitivity, I recommend 7 or 8.
I personally use 5, and its been going good so far, but if you like a faster sensitivity, I recommend 7 or 8.
I am similar, my sensitivity is WAY too high, so I can't hit the broadside of a barn when I trying to shoot a BR or magnum or DMR
StinkRat55 wrote:
double posting is considered spam, try not to do that in the future. Just a heads up. Don't want u banned
Star9434 wrote:
StinkRat55 wrote:
double posting is considered spam, try not to do that in the future. Just a heads up. Don't want u banned
sorry, that was an accident
StinkRat55 wrote:
Star9434 wrote:
StinkRat55 wrote:
sorry, that was an accident
yeah, figured, I just don't want u banned for something you did on accident
I prefer around 5 or 6 for sensitivity because it gives you the right amount of turn speed and aiming speed that anyone could ever need.
6 Sensitivity, bounce between Default and Green Thumb (Universal skrub here). Look acceleration is on 1. But use whatever is comfortable for you, don't try to get used to something like claw if you can't.
I've always used 7 since launch, I seem to do ok, Recon Layout.

This post has been hidden.

I think all the control schemes are a bit lame. I use the Default Scheme at the moment.

We desperately need a scheme like the following:

• A - Jump & Clamber
  • B - Melee: It's slow to move my finger from Right Trigger to Right Bumper to Melee after firing. Melee on B solves this.
  • X - Thruster: I need to be able to do this whilst shooting, so it should not be on the Right Bumper.
  • Y - Change Weapon
  • Left Analog - Movement (Hold to Sprint)
  • Right Analog - Look (Click to Crouch)
  • Left Trigger - Smart-Link
  • Left Bumper - Throw Grenade
  • Right Bumper - Action & Reload: Reloading is the best on RB because because putting Thruster/Melee on RB causes problems as above.
  • Right Trigger - Fire Weapon
Default settings.
Ever since I started playing with Halo Combat Evolved I set it too 3 but in Halo 5i set it to 2.
Honestly the best thing to do is to alternate between maps and game modes.
The most common from the pros is 4sens 2acc OR 3sens 5acc. Always 0% dead zones. But there is no perfect sensitivity and its personal preference.

Also it depends on the Server you are connected to. Some servers feel heavy and sluggish so a higher sens is needed. Other Servers feel amost perfect and feel snappy so you can get away with a lower sens. But over all the most consistent sensitivities with all the different servers are the two I listed above.

Another thing. You mentioned Aim Assist. The aim assist in halo 5 is very strong. You can really notice if you happen to fight two people or you are fighting one and their teammate flies out and your reticle tries to go to the other one like a damn magnet. However if you ever feel like you are NOT getting the aim assist and it feels like you're always fighting the reticle then you are probably connected to a bad server or a server too far from you or both. That is not a sens problem and is a Server/Net/Game issue. We have been complaining about the servers since this game launched.

I forgot to mention. Most pros use Bumper Jumper. Which is the best with a default controller if you don't Claw.
A1pha Dre wrote:
I'm struggling finding my comfort zone for aiming. I'm using the default settings (3 sensitivity and default controller).

Was pretty good at Halo 2, 3, Reach and 4. But I think the Aim Assist in those games has royally screwed me over. I'm just sucking big time at Halo 5 right now.
There needs to be complete controls mapping. I'm so used too a certain layout for shooters now my mind and hands are all sorts of confused. Can't get used to any of the control themes
I find it annoying how there isn't a custom layout. I hate having crouch and aim on the same stick but the other layouts change other things too much. 343 please create a custom layout.
I use a custom sensitivity. Horizontal is 3 and Vertical is 4.5. I normally use precision weapons so I need a lower sensitivity so that I don't screw up. As for my button layout I use Green Thumb since I am most comfortable with it and it is very similar to most FPS default layouts like Call of Duty and Battlefield. This way the chances of me getting controls mixed up after playing another FPS and coming back to Halo lowers. Also my look acceleration is 1 and my dead zones are 0.

The best advice I can give is to go into custom games and mess with the options a bit and find what you think suits you the most, it's what I did and I finally found what I like to use.
I play 10 sensitivity with recon, I wouldnt call myself a pro by any means but I feel being able to turn around fast is important in halo.
I play 10 sensitivity with recon, I wouldnt call myself a pro by any means but I feel being able to turn around fast is important in halo.
If you play smart and don't leave your back open then you shouldn't have to have it set to 10.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 25