Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

To late for 152? Best way to get XP??

OP Rossflex

I'm 146 right now haven't really been playing I played for champion rank mostly for a few seasons but other than that never really put the time in on halo 5 compared to other games.

I do know a lot of people do the XP boost glitch, grind mythic firefight and afk in mythic firefight which I don't blame them with how much XP it takes...

What is the reward for 152?
Watch dog armor coating and a weapon coating if I recall. Watchdog is a black and white armor color palette, and the weapon coating is black and red.
The rewards you’ll get in Halo Infinite for reaching 152 in Halo 5 is the Watchdog Armour & Weapon Coating. It’s a black, white & red skin for your weapons and armour.
There is supposedly more rewards too although they having said what that is exactly.

In Halo 5 for getting 152 you get a emblem. Not a great one either in my opinion.

If you’re wanting to get the rank 152 the fastest way possible you basically have to play Mythic Warzone Firefight. Arena doesn’t give you much XP at all and regular Warzone takes too long. Mythic FireFight is the happy medium for Time x Reward.

It’s to be noted that 146 is maybe 20% of the way to max rank in terms of XP.
1 Million XP into rank 150 is the true half way point. So you’ve got a long way to go.

You’re probably looking at 250k-350k XP a day (everyday without fail) if you want to get it at a reasonable pace. That’s about 3-4 hours of playtime depending on if you win or the boosts you use. Reaching 152 is a grind that you need to be fully committed to. If you have any form of real world responsibilities then finding the time to do this is very hard.
At 146 I simply wouldnt bother.

Too big of a hill to climb. I dont know what the rest of your life situation is but i think it would burn you out.
Personally started at 113 just a few weeks ago, so I'm sure you could do it. However, as others have pointed out, you would need to put a lot of time into it. At the time I started, I would need to average 360k exp a day, which my initial estimates were putting at 6 hours a day. This was doing Mythic Warzone solo queueing, where we were losing constantly.

However, you cut that time down a lot if you find a group to play with, where you're consistently winning. My lowball estimates had me earning 1000 exp a minute. You can easily earn 2000+ exp a minute with a good group and boosts. I haven't bought any Legendary Boost packs - I constantly use Warzone Jackpots. I've started opening Gold Packs to try to get some of the better boosts thrown in every once in a while.

The Spartan Company I'm in right now is full of people grinding, and we're constantly hopping into each others lobbies to make fireteams. If you wanna go for it, play for a few days and see if you have fun playing. If you don't find it enjoyable, doing it for 3-4 months is going to be a real slog.
You will need to play about 50 Mythic Warzone FF games every day (assuming December release for Infinite)
I find the reward for level 152 bad.
You will need to play about 50 Mythic Warzone FF games every day (assuming December release for Infinite)
I didn't calculate the XP needed but that's around 11 hours a day not including search times lmao.
That's a pretty excessive estimate. You should be able to play like 4 Firefights an hour (with randoms), and at worst should be getting at least 1000 exp a minute. Even starting from a fresh account, you'd only need 400k exp a day. This would be 6.5ish hours of gametime, which would be 26 games.

Even bumping it to a November release would only put you at 500k exp/8 hours/32 games a day.

With a premade group you'd do more games an hour (if you're winning) but would be getting more exp (from speed bonus and boosts). I've played roughly 5 hours today and gotten over 400k exp. This was with Jackpot XP boosts every game.
So I really started grinding a month back, starting off at 141. Grinding everyday and keeping track, I've earned roughly 14 million, sitting 2 million shy of 150 so I'm not even halfway there.
Like most said, finding a group is your best bet, but if you're a loner like me, I personally watch anime while I play and still manage to land in the top half of the leaderboard most of the time.
1 major tip: Find ways to keep it interesting. Use different weapons, vehicles, play styles, etc. Anything to change it up so it doesn't wear you out too quickly. (Part of the reason I watch anime, at this point playing warzone is just muscle memory)
I didn't calculate the XP needed but that's around 11 hours a day not including search times lmao.
impossible to reach for a normal person 😞
impossible to reach for a normal person 😞
If you check my comment above, you'll see their estimate is a bit off. However, my estimate is probably still a bit excessive for the average joe.
I am currently level 151, and I would have to sadly tell you that it would be quite difficult to get the maximum level, I started several months ago with level 70 and you might have a chance, if you spend enough money with the legendary boosts in the store.
It's tiring, it would be fine if I had more time, but other than that I don't see a point.