1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Whitedooom wrote:
DcsealCMB wrote:
Is 152 even that important?

50,000,000xp is stupidly high even for a consistent play schedule.

I dont think the rewards are all that great for reaching the rank as much as completing all Spartan Company challenges or doing Halo CE-4 LASO or whatever the Helioskrill challenge was specifically.

Besides a banner and the admission that you’ve spent a lot of time getting there, whats the real gain at 152? I dont see bragging rights as part of it since level in Halo is meaningless trite.
There's supposed to be some reward for hitting 152 in H5 in Halo Infinite, but honestly with what happended to Helioskrill, I bet those players are going to get screwed the same way.
I cant imagine caring so much about a potential reward in the next game to grind 50,000,000xp but maybe that’s just me.

I dont have the drive for grinds like this tbh.
I agree it isn't worth a grind. My 152 hit almost 2 years ago and it was just through me playing the game for fun rather than spending endless days in WZFF hating every moment of it.
I like Warzone Firefight but grinding 50,000,000XP in that gamemode nonstop would make me hate existing.

Unless the reward in Infinite is Diamond plated armor and a built in popcorn machine I dont think anyone should get 152 just for the Halo Infinite reward, which is probably not going to be anything too amazing.
Was there a cutoff date for the Halo Infinite reward?
There hasn't been a stated date, but I'm assuming the cutoff is the release of Infinite. There might not be a cutoff at all. But since reaching 152 isn't tied to an achievement, my assumption is that they'll have to manually give out the reward to players like they currently do with the Ice Unicorn AR skin.
I'm still pushing to get to 100, granted I had a huge hiatus from 5. It's gonna take a while, but it if it's worth it to you then keep pushing. Unfortunately I think the only reward for hitting that rank is getting an emblem.
The game isnt due till 2021...and I haven't seen anything definitive that says you cant keep grinding after it comes out and unlock it post release.
I was SR 145 on June 17, that was the day I heard that there will be a Reward for people who hit SR 152. I'm now 10 million XP into SR 150, and it took me 4 Months to get to where I am at now. Just keep grinding that Mythic Warzone Firefight and always make sure to put your boosts on. I'm sure you'll get there in no time! :)
A lot of people are saying it isn't worth it. It all depends on the type of person and player you are. My personally, I'm introverted (so COVID didn't change much for me), and I'm pretty picky as to the types of games I play. So I'm going to play Halo anyway, plus, I'm horrendous when it comes to PVP matches (slayer, BTB etc.) so my wife and I stick to firefight anyway (we don't mind, it's what we're good at). Is the grind long and arduous? Once mythic firefight became permanent, that's essentially all I play now (aside from a match of Heroic to get my daily win packs), I've made it pretty far... I start playing multiplayer this year on July 28th and as of this writing I'm 144 and still grinding. Will I make it before Infinite comes out? Probably not (depends on when it actually drops though)... but I'm still going to try. My work schedule has helped out too... when I started, we were only working three days a week (off for four) so that helped with a lot of extra play time I wasn't already going to get. So it depends on you... we can suggest, and offer opinions, but at the end of the day, it's entirely up to you. I'm here everyday trying... but that's just me... :)
DcsealCMB wrote:

I dont think the rewards are all that great for reaching the rank as much as completing all Spartan Company challenges or doing Halo CE-4 LASO or whatever the Helioskrill challenge was specifically.

Besides a banner and the admission that you’ve spent a lot of time getting there, whats the real gain at 152? I dont see bragging rights as part of it since level in Halo is meaningless trite.
There's supposed to be some reward for hitting 152 in H5 in Halo Infinite, but honestly with what happended to Helioskrill, I bet those players are going to get screwed the same way.
Holy crap a reward I gotta grind *died from sweating too hard*
I’m trying to get it because my school only takes 3 hours so on average I have 7 hours a day to play and I get around 200k a day I should get it
DcsealCMB wrote:

Holy crap a reward I gotta grind *died from sweating too hard*
They ready said it's just a "token of appreciation" and won't be anything big, not exclusive armor was even thrown out there. So don't expect anything grand.
So just a slight update... finally hit a wall. Not entirely my fault, but I've somewhat stalled at 145. The recently changed my schedule at work so I have a little less time to play. 145 took me approximately 11 game days to accomplish. I spent some time playing with someone who recently hit 152, checked his waypoint once he hit 152 and it took him approximately 72 days. On the other side of that, the guy in charge of my company when he hit 152, took him about 35 days. So it all depends on how you play and what game modes you choose to spend time in. I'm probably going to be somewhere in the middle of that (most likely the higher end) as I would like to finish a lot of my commendations, as well as the company's as well...
DcsealCMB wrote:

I cant imagine caring so much about a potential reward in the next game to grind 50,000,000xp but maybe that’s just me.

Its for those who genuinely enjoy playing halo5 and hit max rank naturally. 5 years is an extremely long span of time even a super casual would hit max in that time. Not every reward is made for every single player.
DcsealCMB wrote:

Its for those who genuinely enjoy playing halo5 and hit max rank naturally. 5 years is an extremely long span of time even a super casual would hit max in that time. Not every reward is made for every single player.
It doesnt seem like the reward would be good for anyone tbh unless its a golden plates throne with a built in toilet or something
Rossflex wrote:
haven't played in a while... I'm 146 right now
It's absolutely too late. Going from level 1-150 (24 million XP) takes less time than going from level 150 - 152 (26 million XP). Makes you wonder if the people behind the scenes know how to make a ranking structure at all.
That’s demoralizing for me. I’m at 144 and I feel like I’ve already played a lot of Halo 5. Honestly I’m not going to waste my time. I would rather play TMCC and build up some season points.
Whitedooom wrote:
DcsealCMB wrote:

I agree it isn't worth a grind. My 152 hit almost 2 years ago and it was just through me playing the game for fun rather than spending endless days in WZFF hating every moment of it.
I've put over 100 DAYS into H5 and still only 148 I WILL CRY
DcsealCMB wrote:

It doesnt seem like the reward would be good for anyone tbh unless its a golden plates throne with a built in toilet or something
It is simply a token of appreciation given to people who just genuinely enjoyed playing halo 5 for years. not every reward is meant to be some jealousy inducing recon armor wannabe. I see some people complaining that they will miss out on this reward and honestly every user who plays a halo game isnt entitled to every single reward. Bungie also heavily believed in this philosophy which is why when destiny first came out there were many name plates and things reserved for legacy members on their forums or people who played x amount of games on halo 2 on og xbox.

The reward in infinite for hitting 152 in halo 5 is simply for those who liked halo 5 to show off a little bit. It doesnt matter what you "think" the quality of the reward is. For anyone who just naturally hit 152 after playing for years and enjoying the game, it will be a good reward regardless of what it is :)
DcsealCMB wrote:

It is simply a token of appreciation given to people who just genuinely enjoyed playing halo 5 for years. not every reward is meant to be some jealousy inducing recon armor wannabe. I see some people complaining that they will miss out on this reward and honestly every user who plays a halo game isnt entitled to every single reward. Bungie also heavily believed in this philosophy which is why when destiny first came out there were many name plates and things reserved for legacy members on their forums or people who played x amount of games on halo 2 on og xbox.

The reward in infinite for hitting 152 in halo 5 is simply for those who liked halo 5 to show off a little bit. It doesnt matter what you "think" the quality of the reward is. For anyone who just naturally hit 152 after playing for years and enjoying the game, it will be a good reward regardless of what it is :)
Idk man I just dont see whats going to be so great that someone wants to grind 50 million xp out for.

My concern isnt the reward itself moreso the absurd timesink that it is for what amounts to something maybe a little more flashy than everyone else.

The thing with these challenges for in game items is that the challenge is typically incredibly hard but the item doesn’t really reflect effort a lot of the time.

Im all for limited time challenges and good unlocks but this grind for 152 before Infinite releases does seem like an extraordinary time dump. With that said I dont judge what people do in their free time I just don’t understand why anyone would wanna do it.

I guess anything can be fun with friends?
Whitedooom wrote:
DcsealCMB wrote:

You've only put in about 32 days total though? I just happened to really enjoy normal warzone and have 89 days logged in it (yikes) so that is just a ton more xp than playing mostly arena.
Whitedooom wrote:
DcsealCMB wrote:

You've done 100 days and are only 148? I have 12 days and I'm 145... sounds like you need to switch playlists and use some reqs...
Prewojo wrote:
Whitedooom wrote:
DcsealCMB wrote:

You've done 100 days and are only 148? I have 12 days and I'm 145... sounds like you need to switch playlists and use some reqs...
Yeah 100 days is ridiculous amount of time. I'm at 10 days and change and am 1/4 of the way through 148. This grind sucks and i really hope its not a banner. I still rock my crossed swords banner Halo CE->Present and can say with 99% certainty that I will be doing the same for Infinite.
Prewojo wrote:
Whitedooom wrote:
DcsealCMB wrote:

Yeah 100 days is ridiculous amount of time. I'm at 10 days and change and am 1/4 of the way through 148. This grind sucks and i really hope its not a banner. I still rock my crossed swords banner Halo CE->Present and can say with 99% certainty that I will be doing the same in this game.
Yea... I'm not changing mine till I hit 152... got Auntie Dot about a month ago (it's my personal favorite)... it'll probably be just another banner type thing in Infinite... but whatever... I'm going to be playing with all this free time I have now anyway... might as well make it worth while... between 152, my comms and my company's comms... I'm going to be busy for quite a while...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3