Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

To "magnum" a legendary boss

OP Worried Cheeze

I'm genuinely curious how many magnum shots it would take to take down,say, the legendary Grunt Mech, Warden,Swarmlord,or Knight.

Has anyone ever tried this or have any idea how many shots it would take to kill these bosses? I think it would be a fun experiment.
I don't know about Magnums, but I believe it takes about eleven and 1/2 battle rifle clips to bring down a basic Grunt Mech. Sorry I can't be of much help, I hope that can at least help you with conversion.
(My info might be out of date as well)
A whole lot of jumbo, it would probably take. It seems this grunt can survive a boo from a Spartan.
A Magnum is nothing more than a scaled-down DMR, but that doesn't do much to help the damage department. You'll need to be carrying a Warthog's load of ammo just to take down a boss of that caliber.

In other words, killing a boss like those with a Magnum takes a very long time.
It would probably take 252 worth of CE ammo to take it down.
I remember one game on Battle of Noctus where REQs didn't bother to work so all we have is AR and magums the whole game. We fought against the warden and manage to get his health low enough and I assassinated him.
I don't know about Magnums, but I believe it takes about eleven and 1/2 battle rifle clips to bring down a basic Grunt Mech. Sorry I can't be of much help, I hope that can at least help you with conversion.
That seems a wee bit low. However I wouldn't doubt it if it were the case. It's definitely intresting to say the least.
You dont have enough ammo for this,but I say it got in the thousands of bullets.
You dont have enough ammo for this,but I say it got in the thousands of bullets.
This is what I was thinking. Say we had unlimited ammo......I wonder how long it would take to drop Plasma blaster Yimblap with a magnum?
That Grunt Mech is so annoying to kill.
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?
Spoiler:
Show
But I'm gonna guess 117 shots.