Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Today marks another Community Update. Predictions?

OP MrBubbaliciouss

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
So, today (Friday) marks the release of yet another community update. Now, as we already know, gamemodes are 100% not going to be in the January DLC. Playlists on the other hand MIGHT see an addition if 343 has a single strand of common sense left in their bodies.

But, I was just wondering what you guys think we might see revealed today? Of course, it has to be reasonable since we kinda have to limit our expectations. Me personally, I would like to see them show off:
- A change to the Mark V helmet
- More info on that Carbine needle variant. (PLEASE LET IT SUPER COMBINE PEOPLE 343.)
- Show off another tease of a NON-FORGE Dev map for Arena, that IS NOT REMIXED.
- If I want to really to be close to unreasonable, I would love if they announced a DEV BTB map. (Proabably not going to happen.)
- The second new Armor set
- Halo CE pistol REQ. (I would love to say the Gravity Hammer instead, but that's probably not going to happen until they release Grifball/other modes too.)
- Maybe a new assassination.
- And Lastly, I want them to acknowledge the fact that infection will be in frickin Halo 5.

- A little bonus would be if they would show a few more teases of what they have planned for the upcoming modes, and I mean more than concept art.

But, what are your guys's predictions? What do you want to see revealed in today's Community Update? Remember, they're not going to show EVERYTHING until next Friday's livestream. (1/22)
A tour of a map that will inevitably blow, reqs as far as the eye can see, and content that actually matters "coming soon".
Full breakdown of the new map to see if it is forged, remix or actually developed
Full breakdown of the new map to see if it is forged, remix or actually developed
It's a remix of Fathom.
A tour of a map that will inevitably blow, reqs as far as the eye can see, and content that actually matters "coming soon".
Lol, made me laugh. Sad part is, that is probably 100% true. I was trying to be somewhat positive about it, even though the salt is so frickin real for having ZERO gamemodes, but that's what will inevitably happen.

What a sad time to be a gamer.
RhysWX wrote:
It's a remix of Fathom.
Correct. 343 giving us actually new content?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAA good one.
There is an update today? How do you know it's today?
xCHEMISTx wrote:
Community Updates are released every single Friday, with the exception of Holiday breaks.
xCHEMISTx wrote:
Community Updates are released every single Friday, with the exception of Holiday breaks.
Ah ok thanks. I forgot about that. Been away from Halo for too long.
There is gonna be another one? The one thing I know for sure, in the twitch live stream of London HCS, Bravo and Strongside said that Achilles Armor set and 2 new rainbow skins Locke and Loaded are gonna be in the January update, along with I believe Goldenboy's confirmation?
There is gonna be another one? The one thing I know for sure, in the twitch live stream of London HCS, Bravo and Strongside said that Achilles Armor set and 2 new rainbow skins Locke and Loaded are gonna be in the January update, along with I believe Goldenboy's confirmation?
There was actually a thread that had pictures of all of those things. While I'm completely against things like useless reqs and skins,

that Achilles armor set is just..... oh my god. IT LOOKS SO DAMN COOL!
But yes, there's a community update every single Friday.
All I want is more maps (non-Forge and non-Remix) for 4v4 and Big Team Battle. Please....we have enough REQs and the system is bloated enough as it is.

They need to hold off on new REQ content until we get new modes and maps, first.
TGPomy9795 wrote:
All I want is more maps (non-Forge and non-Remix) for 4v4 and Big Team Battle. Please....we have enough REQs and the system is bloated enough as it is.

They need to hold off on new REQ content until we get new modes and maps, first.
4v4 Big Team Battle?

Um............................ what?
TGPomy9795 wrote:

4v4 Big Team Battle?

I think you misunderstood him. "4v4 AND Big Team Battle"
TGPomy9795 wrote:

4v4 Big Team Battle?

4v4 AND Big Team Battle
TGPomy9795 wrote:
TGPomy9795 wrote:

4v4 Big Team Battle?

4v4 AND Big Team Battle
Oops, yeah, my bad haha. That would be nice. An actual dev map, or map(s), would completely knock it out of the park. Would make a lot of people happy.
Prediction: the forums will erupt in tears.

No idea what about, but they will find a way.
Just want new dev made maps (not forged) and armor 😊 and weapons!
Prediction: the forums will erupt in tears.

No idea what about, but they will find a way.
I think the only way people would be upset about this update is if they don't add a single new playlist. Gamemodes are understandable because 343 clearly don't know how to spend development time in the right places, but adding even just a permanent snipers playlists would be zero effort. All they gotta do is flip the switch and people will be somewhat happy with this update, despite the dryness of it. But will 343 do one simple thing that will please so many people? Probably not, because it's 343.
Since you say gametypes are 100% not in, I'm hoping for new and permanent playlists and maps. I don't care if the maps are new, forged or remixed, lets just get the map count up. The forged BTB maps are pretty awesome if ya ask me. And I hope games like stronghold and CTF get their own lists so when i wanna play BTB slayer, I can play slayer and not CTF.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12