Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Today marks another Community Update. Predictions?

OP MrBubbaliciouss

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 12
BBT2014 wrote:
I think "Greatness Awaits" TM is owned by the wrong company...

Because we've been waiting for greatness from 343 for quite a while
SHOTS FIRED
BBT2014 wrote:

SHOTS FIRED
Well to be fair, it's not like Sony has delivered greatness yet either. Maybe they can make like a company truce and share it?
I would like to play this guessing game please.

While I'm not too exactly sure how this "all the dlc is free for everyone" thing stated in the beginning was implied but I'm assuming that these monthly updates are in place instead of the wait 3 months for more stuff usual plan, what I really hope is that while we are getting these small yet humble and insignificant updates that maybe in a week or so we get a glimpse into a major update kinda like the BTB update but bigger. Like they're giving us these remix and forge maps slowly and painfully to tie us down till they can release something they know the community actually likes.

Now to actually answer said original topic, I'd like to see
- new maps regardless they be remixed, forged, or original (any maps are better than none)
- dumbed down version of forge controls. I love forge but am not that smart so it'd be nice to have another control setting for beginners.
- like my above statement hopefully a teaser on a bigger update than the normal monthly one's
- lastly I gotta say hope some of those weekend only playlists become permanent while waiting on others to be made.
Oh also like double RP weekends would be amazingggggg. There needs to be a bigger incentive to play, because there are too many reqs to unlock and it takes forever to get points to open packs. XP and SR mean absolutely nothing in this game, whereas we all play for RP. Also daily challenges that award you with RP like in Reach or even 4 would be fantastic
With the mark 5 armor coming I wouldn't be surprised to see the CE pistol also.
Still waiting on the actual subject of this forum, the community update...
With the mark 5 armor coming I wouldn't be surprised to see the CE pistol also.
Exactly. I hoped they changed it from the preview as I saw a concept for the Mark V that was absolutely -Yoinking!- beautiful
BBT2014 wrote:

SHOTS FIRED
Well to be fair, it's not like Sony has delivered greatness yet either. Maybe they can make like a company truce and share it?
Dang. 2 Birds 1 stone.
Still waiting on the actual subject of this forum, the community update...
Last weeks update didn't come out until 9:00, which is in about 3 hours.
I would like to play this guessing game please.

While I'm not too exactly sure how this "all the dlc is free for everyone" thing stated in the beginning was implied but I'm assuming that these monthly updates are in place instead of the wait 3 months for more stuff usual plan, what I really hope is that while we are getting these small yet humble and insignificant updates that maybe in a week or so we get a glimpse into a major update kinda like the BTB update but bigger. Like they're giving us these remix and forge maps slowly and painfully to tie us down till they can release something they know the community actually likes.

Now to actually answer said original topic, I'd like to see
- new maps regardless they be remixed, forged, or original (any maps are better than none)
- dumbed down version of forge controls. I love forge but am not that smart so it'd be nice to have another control setting for beginners.
- like my above statement hopefully a teaser on a bigger update than the normal monthly one's
- lastly I gotta say hope some of those weekend only playlists become permanent while waiting on others to be made.
I actually never thought of it that way. Hmm. Well, we'll have to see what next months update is. They will more than likely show a VERY short teaser for February in next weeks live stream.
I think they're going to announce a new mode...

And a weekend playlist for this week...Probably Swords or something like that, that we haven't seen yet but is possible with current mode settings/assets
Announcing Infection in THIS update would be a small step in the right direction for 343i. A HUGE step would be more than welcome, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm convinced they're going to very slowly drip out new stuff, which may seem like a great idea to them on paper but I at least feel isn't probably the best way to go about it.
Can 343i do anything right? It's 8pm and we haven't even gotten a preview of the update. I wonder when the actual update will release, next january?
Can 343i do anything right? It's 8pm and we haven't even gotten a preview of the update. I wonder when the actual update will release, next january?
Let's calm down now haha. Like above stated, it didn't come out until around 9 pm MST for me last week.
Yekkou wrote:
Let's calm down now haha. Like above stated, it didn't come out until around 9 pm MST for me.
Exactly. It's going to come out within the next 3 hours.
Yekkou wrote:
Let's calm down now haha. Like above stated, it didn't come out until around 9 pm MST for me last week.
9 PM MST? Cool hopefully that is what they're doing and not just postponing it to another day.
Announcing Infection in THIS update would be a small step in the right direction for 343i. A HUGE step would be more than welcome, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm convinced they're going to very slowly drip out new stuff, which may seem like a great idea to them on paper but I at least feel isn't probably the best way to go about it.
Agreed. Everyday Halo 5 loses more and more of it's players. Last time I checked, Halo 5 was the 10th most played game on xbox one. That was like 2 weeks ago, I bet it's not even in the top 10 anymore :(. It's just... sad. ANYONE who defends 343 that slowly giving us content, not even good content at that, is a good idea, is helping setting up the funeral for this game. And the funeral is going to be VERY soon if 343 doesn't get it together.
A tour of a map that will inevitably blow, reqs as far as the eye can see, and content that actually matters "coming soon".
Happens every time.

Wouldn't be surprised if coming soon meant after the free DLC cycle, I.e we have to pay for infection and oddball.
A tour of a map that will inevitably blow, reqs as far as the eye can see, and content that actually matters "coming soon".
Happens every time.

Wouldn't be surprised if coming soon meant after the free DLC cycle, I.e we have to pay for infection and oddball.
With 343's track record so far, that's probably the case.
Agreed. Everyday Halo 5 loses more and more of it's players. Last time I checked, Halo 5 was the 10th most played game on xbox one. That was like 2 weeks ago, I bet it's not even in the top 10 anymore :(. It's just... sad. ANYONE who defends 343 that slowly giving us content, not even good content at that, is a good idea, is helping setting up the funeral for this game. And the funeral is going to be VERY soon if 343 doesn't get it together.
It's just like Halo 4. A few months after release everyone went to COD bo2. MCC didn't last long because it had more bugs than Cortana in Halo 4(rampant). Now everyone is going from Halo 5 to COD bo3. All my friends have bo3, they all quit Halo. I'm the only on left, and I bought COD to play with them too. I love this franchise 343 but if you want people to play and stay you have to give them what they want and not make dumb decisions like removing doubles and snipers. Like why?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 12