Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Too Many Forge Maps

OP Lord of Clams

I truly love the actual 343i maps that launched with Halo 5 and were added in DLCs. It disappoints me that basically all of multiplayer is just Forge maps now, especially Social games. Infection even used to use modified 343i maps, and now it's exclusively Forge. Unless Forge maps are a remake of an older game map, they seem so uninspired and basic. Can we please have the real maps back?

Don't get me wrong, Forge is awesome. I just prefer it in custom games and would rather have real 343i maps in multiplayer. Or at least a balance. If social games are all forge, could ranked be strictly 343i maps?
Consider how long it takes to make maps. I've dabbled in forge before, and just to make a somewhat usable and balanced map takes a lot of time. I'm talking well into double digits just to make a basic map with some structures, weapons, and spawn points. 343 adding in forge maps is just acknowledging that fans spent a lot of time making stuff for the game. While I do agree that some of the maps aren't too great, it 343 just ignored them I think a lot of people would be pretty mad.
I agree with both the comments above me. I think that a good compromise would be to add a featured playlist that only uses 343 maps playing the best game variant that map has to offer. Maybe like a core play if you will.and put it into the weekly rotation.
I truly love the actual 343i maps that launched with Halo 5 and were added in DLCs. It disappoints me that basically all of multiplayer is just Forge maps now, especially Social games. Infection even used to use modified 343i maps, and now it's exclusively Forge. Unless Forge maps are a remake of an older game map, they seem so uninspired and basic. Can we please have the real maps back?

Don't get me wrong, Forge is awesome. I just prefer it in custom games and would rather have real 343i maps in multiplayer. Or at least a balance. If social games are all forge, could ranked be strictly 343i maps?
yes of corse is the game with more Forge map and less Halo map created by 343
I'm hoping they have a team for Infinite that's dedicated to 343i-ing Forge Maps. Let the community make a bunch of awesome maps. Throw them into a Forge Playlist and let everyone vote on their faves. Whichever ones get selected are brought into 343i and remodeled/retextured in the same way they present their own work. Then introduce them into the main Playlists.

The maps only seem uninspired and basic because of the criteria forced on the Forgers, and the fear of trying new things otherwise so they can get their map accepted. Like I have a few interesting and still balanced maps being made by me, but I know a vast majority of them would likely not be accepted for some reason or another.
Not necessarily a bad thing, it retains some game balance at the mere cost of gameplay intrigue.