Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Too many tryhards, where is the casual games?

OP Yockanookany

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 24
I get home from work and want to chill out and play some halo. I load up team slayer and every team I play against have omega tryhards doing everything they can to win the game so they can get that all important rank. I don't want to play against these tryhards... when do we get casual arenas?

Additionally the current state of the pistol has created ultra campy arenas where it's just popping out to try and kill someone with the pistol then going back into your hole.
I'm gonna have to agree, I'd like some social slayer or anything non-competitive. Personally I would love to play some Action-Sack again, always loved those random gamemodes.
Give Warzone a go. It's pretty good for kicking back and shooting stuff.
Lose your placement matches and get into gold or lower.
This game is either too competitive, or the game is embarrassingly pay-to-win with absolutely zero semblance of a skill-gap.
Ya this game really needs some social playlists.
I also have to agree.. I get hit a couple times try to run around a corner these guys hunt me down like my kill is the only thing standing between them and next rank.

I never played rank before I have always been a casual player but this is intense everygame I feel like I have to channel my inner MLG to even feel as if im playing right. lol. Its fun I just want a casual playlist for sure.
I agree. I can keep up with all these try-hards and all without much of a problem, but I want a social playlist where I can actually relax and not care like I do in Warzone but in Arena. I'm just more of a casual that can play competitively if I really have to.
Warzone cant be the only social playlist. Its fun. But too different. I want to play arena. Just unranked sometimes.
I never really cared much for ranked playlists so it was very disappointing and irritating to find nothing but ranked playlists full of tryhards. I like competitive gameplay from time to time but for the most part I want to have fun, not play like the requirement is being an MLG pro.

Warzone isn't that great either for casual play from my experience of games.
I agree, but find the term tryhard stupid, because the goal of any game is to win so why wouldn't you "try" to win?
Warzone cant be the only social playlist. Its fun. But too different. I want to play arena. Just unranked sometimes.
Fair comment.
Lose your placement matches and get into gold or lower.
I was under the impression that you couldn't go down in rank. Even then it doesn't eliminate the fact that people are tryhards for rank and will be doing everything they can to win.

DEEBLES87 wrote:
I also have to agree.. I get hit a couple times try to run around a corner these guys hunt me down like my kill is the only thing standing between them and next rank.

I never played rank before I have always been a casual player but this is intense everygame I feel like I have to channel my inner MLG to even feel as if im playing right. lol. Its fun I just want a casual playlist for sure.
I agree. I just don't try that hard... I don't care. I've never gone negative K/D's....ever, until this game hit. I do pretty well in SWAT so I actually try in that game type and even SWAT feels campy. SWAT...feels...campy.
J0MBI wrote:
I agree, but find the term tryhard stupid, because the goal of any game is to win so why wouldn't you "try" to win?
There's a difference between trying to win, and being ultimately dedicated to win.
Yeah, it is huge trash. Just left a game with the entire enemy team trying harder than hell... I mean seriously dude, quit being such a tool.

This game is god awful, thanks 343 for catering to the small part of the community.

Competitiveness is ruining this experience. And please, tell me to get good... tools.
Yeah, it is huge trash. Just left a game with the entire enemy team trying harder than hell... I mean seriously dude, quit being such a tool.

This game is god awful, thanks 343 for catering to the small part of the community.

Competitiveness is ruining this experience. And please, tell me to get good... tools.
Git Gud mate. Just kidding.
Shouldn't their weekend rotational playlist be starting now? I always was worried about H5 launching with competitive arena and only Warzone to rely on for casual play. With Halloween, they should introduce infection...

I don't want to play a majority of these playlists after getting ranked. -Yoink- Team Arena, I don't want any Breakout. I don't find SWAT that fun, but I got ranked in it anyways. I did FFA with its -Yoink- spawns, Slayer, what else is there but Warzone? Custom games is dead..
"Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
Donquixote Doflamingo
so OP wants to play matches with people who dont wanna win? hahah

i hate the use of the words "try hards" in a context that implies no one is having fun while "try harding" lol

a non-ranked playlist is a good idea, but who actually doesnt "try hard" in a social playlist... everyone still trys their best to win surely?

go play warzone? its casual as -Yoink-, and alot of fun and winning doesnt matter?
J0MBI wrote:
There's a difference between trying to win, and being ultimately dedicated to win.
LOL???
its as if people want to play against people who apologetically kill eachother... hahah
Was just talking about this with my friends last night. Ranks do matter when it comes to the atmosphere of the game. When your losses mean something then everyone's got their serious faces going but with a social playlist you feel more relaxed and chill. This game needs unranked playlists among other things, lets hope they come soon.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 24