Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Top 3 bad thing about Halo 5?

OP AMA4N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Ok, so here are the top 3 worst things about Halo 5, just to let you guys know that, i am not against the game, in fact i still love the game but there's a lot to criticize about Halo 5. List:
3 - No split screen
I know many of you are going to say this is as number 1 but ill say my number 1 later, removing split screen upsetted many fans, other Halo games had 4 player split screen except ODST. At least Halo Infinite is confirmed to have a 4 player split screen.

2 - Campaign
Halo 5 had the worst campaign in the Halo franchise, so many things about it like bad dialogue, characters were not interesting at all, making cortana villain was unacceptable, also the gameplay for the campaign was bad as well like squad mechianic, a button were it tells us to go and lots of things. Worst thing was that the ads lied to us and i hope 343 never does this to us again as the ads were good.

1 - Launch
Ok, my worst thing about Halo 5 is the launch, it only had few playlists and modes, this officially made some players quit and Halo 5 didnt get as much as money as other halo games. So many things were missing in launch like forge, infection, BTB, grifball, warzone firefight, oddball and lots of modes. 343 better not do this again.

Even right now, other halo games still have more modes than Halo 5.

Ok, thats my opinion, what are your top 3 bad things about Halo 5.
The top 3 current things for me would be.

1) BTB potentially getting replaced by BTBSF.

2) The 15/16 search lobby bug.

3) Spartan Charge.
AMA4N wrote:
...but there's a lot to criticize about Halo 5.
You say this but then limit your list to a top 3 things. No biggie, but it just seemed an odd thing to state when creating a limited list.
Quote:
...and Halo 5 didn't get as much money as other halo games.
Based on what evidence? In 2014 Microsoft switched from publicly releasing console sales figures as a metric of success to Xbox Live usership and engagement, so it's not easy for just anyone to determine how profitable Halo 5 has been via a sales metric.

With that said, market analyst Michael Pachter did inquire about the success of Halo 5 with Microsoft and 343i in the middle of 2017. The response he received allowed him to estimate that Halo 5's life-time sales number, as of that time period, was likely in the 10 million range even by conservative estimates which was well above the unreliable retail sales figure estimate floated by vgchartz. Since then Microsoft has released their subscription based Game Pass which includes Halo 5, so it's highly likely that the amount of potential people with access to Halo 5 has seen a noticeable increased since then too.

Research firm IHS Markit estimated that roughly 40 million Xbox One consoles had been sold as of April 2018. Together these metrics indicate a pretty solid title to console ratio relative to past Halo titles. Former 343i employee Andy Dudynsky went on record toward the middle of 2016 to say that Halo 5 had the highest monthly active players (based on Xbox Live usership) for a Halo title since Halo 3 and it was trending up (during that period of time). Of course, Halo 5 is a 3+ year old game now, so the active player base is down considerably nowadays. Especially, when dealing with the community draw of a fixed up MCC.

Michael Pachter also inquired about whether the developer was hurt financially by offering 6 months worth of Halo 5 DLC content for free. In response he was informed that the cumulative spending in micro-transactions on Halo 5 for that six month period was greater than all DLC sales for any Halo game ever. Not cumulative for all games, but each game. Needless to say, it would seem like Halo 5 did fairly well financially -- all considered.
AMA4N wrote:
Ok, so here are the top 3 worst things about Halo 5, just to let you guys know that, i am not against the game, in fact i still love the game but there's a lot to criticize about Halo 5. List:
3 - No split screenI know many of you are going to say this is as number 1 but ill say my number 1 later, removing split screen upsetted many fans, other Halo games had 4 player split screen except ODST. At least Halo Infinite is confirmed to have a 4 player split screen.

2 - CampaignHalo 5 had the worst campaign in the Halo franchise, so many things about it like bad dialogue, characters were not interesting at all, making cortana villain was unacceptable, also the gameplay for the campaign was bad as well like squad mechianic, a button were it tells us to go and lots of things. Worst thing was that the ads lied to us and i hope 343 never does this to us again as the ads were good.

1 - LaunchOk, my worst thing about Halo 5 is the launch, it only had few playlists and modes, this officially made some players quit and Halo 5 didnt get as much as money as other halo games. So many things were missing in launch like forge, infection, BTB, grifball, warzone firefight, oddball and lots of modes. 343 better not do this again.

Even right now, other halo games still have more modes than Halo 5.

Ok, thats my opinion, what are your top 3 bad things about Halo 5.
I do actually agree on your points but I would replace your final point with another major flaw which beats the launch. This flaw is that large portions of the game cannot be played without an internet connection or an Xbox Live gold membership. This includes the following parts of the game.
  • Internet connection requirements for content in Halo 5.
    • Forge
    • Custom Games
This flaw means that a player cannot create forge maps while having internet issues.

Another flaw that I would consider as pretty major is that the game doesn't give the player the ability to use the Warzone maps in forge or play the Halo 5 Warzone Gametypes in custom games (partially true).
#1 function of the game.... What's with the screen freeze after games, especially in warzone. One time it was froze for so long it went into another game when I really didn't want it too. Why can't 343 seem to make a fully functional game?
#2 Spartan charge....way to OP... You should either have to charge it like ground pound or you shouldn't be able to charge while getting shot.
#3 maps arent very good in arena. Most are too small and cluttered. To many remakes and reskins.

Honorable mentions....req system to bloated and left not much to be earned via game play.... Warzone bosses and firefight rounds to repetitive and AI not never smart. Why can't bosses and AI capture armories and what not. Why can you essentially ignore them if you want to and they just sit there? Oh and majority of the armor is just lame and very non functional looking.
Warzone, Req Packs and Spartan Charge. All of them should be removed from the game.
The severs the armour the req packs
People have said some good things. Ima double down on albinomachina's comment because I agree, I wouldn't mind if all 3 of those things were patched out.

Let me expand tho
-Hit markers. Not a fan, but I honestly don't mind them. I just think it's a bit cheap that dudes can just lob a grenade and if I get splashed they know where I'm at. It ain't that big of a deal but I could do without.
-more social playlist support. Needs to be something else on the table besides fiesta and BTB. I'm talking about a casual team objective playlist. There should not be a reason why I have to default to Quick Play when I want to play a normal unranked Halo game. Sick and tired of the Fiesta gimmick, too.
late adding more maps, blank shots and melees.......
- Respawn kill just as past 17 years.
- BTB Forge maps, and BTB Base and Objective settings is too old for now.
- HCS matches are all boring Magnum Magnum Magnum, H5 BR is useless.
1. Ranking system or TS2
2. Toxic players
3. Campaign was meh
LethalQ wrote:
#1 function of the game.... What's with the screen freeze after games, especially in warzone. One time it was froze for so long it went into another game when I really didn't want it too. Why can't 343 seem to make a fully functional game?
#2 Spartan charge....way to OP... You should either have to charge it like ground pound or you shouldn't be able to charge while getting shot.
#3 maps arent very good in arena. Most are too small and cluttered. To many remakes and reskins.

Honorable mentions....req system to bloated and left not much to be earned via game play.... Warzone bosses and firefight rounds to repetitive and AI not never smart. Why can't bosses and AI capture armories and what not. Why can you essentially ignore them if you want to and they just sit there? Oh and majority of the armor is just lame and very non functional looking.
You hit the nail on the head for me arena is kinda ruined due to your points 2 and 3. Since most of the maps are soo small people can generally just run around Spartan Charging without much punishment.

The maps also feel soo similar not much variety of gameplay. Then there isn't a voting option soo you can sometimes get the same map over and over.

Yea the AI not being very smart is an issue with 4 and 5. They just make their damage output and health a lot higher which makes them annoying to fight especially in firefight.
1. Ranking system or TS2
2. Toxic players
3. Campaign was meh
Every community has toxic players that is something that can be limited but not prevented.

I will say there are some distasteful things in H 5 but i will stay on the down low here.
1. Wish my pilot helmet was haunted as I didn't quite reach inheritor in reach and don't intend to circle back to it.

2. Bad teammates when searching solo, thereby causing rank lowering even if you perform well personally. (I'm sure I'm been the bad teammates enough times though).

3. Seeing copy/pasted complaints of the exact same things over and over.
I could echo a few things said in this thread, but just to pick some other things I have criticism for:
  • Map design being impacted by Sprint
  • No classic scope setting
  • No traditional non-rotational Social Slayer playlist
People have said some good things. Ima double down on albinomachina's comment because I agree, I wouldn't mind if all 3 of those things were patched out.

Let me expand tho
-Hit markers. Not a fan, but I honestly don't mind them. I just think it's a bit cheap that dudes can just lob a grenade and if I get splashed they know where I'm at. It ain't that big of a deal but I could do without.
-more social playlist support. Needs to be something else on the table besides fiesta and BTB. I'm talking about a casual team objective playlist. There should not be a reason why I have to default to Quick Play when I want to play a normal unranked Halo game. Sick and tired of the Fiesta gimmick, too.
With the majority of social playlists being Fiesta, I can't help but feel that section is just one big dice roll.

Very much looking forward to next Thursday, specifically Halo 2 BR Slayer. From the most recent Community Update.
Quote:
Then next Thursday, as we look to return to our normal rotational cadence, Holiday Fiesta and Castle Wars will come down to make way for Action Sack and Halo 2 BR Slayer. We'll be running Action Sack for three weeks so that we can gather player feedback on the maps and modes in the playlist to assess what might require a refresh. H2 BR Slayer will live for two weeks, so that everything can return to our weekly alternating schedule.
Top 3:
  1. Pretty much zero offline capability. Including no true offline LAN option.
  2. Split-screen for at least campaign and custom games.
  3. Limited matchmaking content at launch. And the content still feels a little light on the mode side.
Honorable mentions (in no particular order):
  • If the so-called "15/16" player issue is really a glitch then it probably belongs in the top 3.
  • The Theater isn’t very good.
  • Campaign felt lackluster and the story awkward. Not much can be done about this, it's just a negative.
  • The Spartan Charge effectiveness is a bit much. And not enough risk in relation to the reward IMO.
  • The 1-match lag within our skill adjustments.
  • The Diamond 3 placement rank cap. It should be either Diamond 5 or Onyx 1500.
  • Inability to re-join a ranked match when accidentally lagged/kicked out.
  • Fairly slow progress with playlist refreshes; especially, BTB.
  • The Warzone AI Boss Point reward system needs a revamp IMO.
  • Amor Mod REQ costs should be modified.
  • I believe many basic UNSC items should be automatically unlocked for use within the Warzone environment.
  • IMO, too much XP is earned from Firefight modes. It should primarily award RP.
  • Warzone maps aren't forge-able even in a limited fashion. They should be made accessible for custom matches without the REQ & AI systems in place.
  • Warzone Assault should have been round-based. And in general there's a lack of 1-sided round-based modes such as Single Flag, One Bomb, Landgrab, & VIP.
  • No Abilities Tracker for the ranked Doubles playlist.
  • If BTB becomes rotational or isn't replaced by a permanent ranked Squad Battle it would become a top 3 for me.
  • Action Sack doesn't include 8-player Multi-Team modes and it should. It should also include more FFA Rumble Pit style modes such as a real Gun Game and Vehicular Fiesta mode.
  • No official recognition (via medals) for KotH.
  • No official Extraction mode.
  • No Regicide mode.
  • A Race mode similar to what existed in Reach.
  • No AI bots for custom games.
  • No ability to finalize forge maps in a flatten block-out format such that it dramatically reduces any potential frame rate issues.
  • H5BR Hipfire Red-Reticle-Range is too short. There also shouldn't be a performance difference based on the scope/sight attachment. And crouch-firing should lessen the recoil a little.
  • The Gunfighter Magnum shouldn't include any random horizontal bullet spread. Crouch-firing should lessen the vertical drift slightly.
  • Smart-Linking the AR & SMG should tighten the bullet spread a very minor amount. And crouch-firing should remove any potential minor vertical drift.
1. The campaign was pretty horrible. 2. Theres too low of a budget in forge. 3. Alpha Zombies in infection are overpowered, they have lunge, camo, and a glitch where hits barely ever register.
3) Launch. A great game can recover from a bad launch, but for a series with a dwindling population, it was catastrophic.
2) Spartan Abilities. I don't think they're all bad, like most other classic Halo fans think. However, the way they dramatically changed the aiming system to account for these abilities ruined one of the key pillars of Halo gameplay. I would love to see a thrust-like option in the next Halo to improve movement skillgap, but the abilities in this game just didn't work well for the most part, besides being semi-fun changes to core gameplay.
1) Maps and artwork. There are no memorable maps in Halo. I could name just about every map from Halo CE and 3, but next-to-none in 4 and 5. Having maps that are visually stunning and extremely fun to play over and over and over again is super important to me.

EDIT: Could someone tell me what the 15/16 glitch is? I'm unfamiliar with it.
I think that my main problem with Halo 5 is the respawns. I'll be playing in area, die, and respawn nearby where I just died and the enemy is right there again. I get there might have not been any other safe places to spawn into, but the amount of times that this happens is just annoying. I'd be fine waiting the extra few seconds to respawn in a safe place.

I'm fine with everything else other than that :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2